Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]  (Read 19034 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2011, 01:23:55 am »

You can have your go, Rumrusher.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:22 am »

wait didn't I have about two more people in line before my go?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2011, 01:40:44 am »

The aren't here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2011, 03:03:38 am »

5th moonstone 556 early Winter
Well, finally done it! After bartering and explaining why my race should not be classed as a animal, these short brain boozed dwarves they finally allow me to have a room for trade of my "undying loyalty to the fort." One force to wear a beard so other dwarves won't flip out and straight up kill me.  So far from a distance I'm a Stone dwarfette.
shortly after getting use to the new clothes they all jump and k...
really that's your plan? you must have ate way too many elf brains.

5th moonstone 556 early Winter

It seems that none of the dwarves made answer our demands except for one. Who floats around the place moaning over his untimely lost. He ask for a body or vessel to take over so he can finally stop this siege and to be put to rest. Really melodramatic yet on his word he would free us from these cages. So hey no complaining here.

timber 27th year 556 late Autumn? Must had got the time run

I successfully performed the revival of, wait some lass named rin woodtomb. Stuck in the cage I called to her for means of burning the wooded cell.
She took all that as taking me over to her room and dub me Overseer of the fort. She gave me a quick recap of the fort. Some how the last guy who ran this made 5 groups of men and sent them to their deaths. I only knew of some impostor that got killed but the entire army killed?! "Sure I'll help". I assigned Rin as my assistant to send out Commands. This is the start of a horrible year.

So I first thing I done was to fix that no military issue. though there only there to stop 

6th Moonstone 556 early winter
The past overseers died in battle never left a post it note on what stuff works so I had no clue on how to stop the water trap. This is a major issue when you have your men running through it and falling on top of the spikes. luckly Rin my assistant has made it across the trap. though the dipomat left unhappy and soon we may have to take up kidnapping to resupply the fort.

6th opal 556 mid winter

This place is falling apart. We lost half the dwarves due to that dang water trap no one told me about shutting off.
that and someone saw me and place me back with the rest of the prisoners. Some good news for you dwarves the siege is over. The last demon was magically tossed into the arena. Where it has to fend off legions of undead mind flayers one which I found should need a little buff to make things interesting during the year.

18th opal 556 Mid winter

I finally was moved from the prison stockhold and into the room of my assistant.  It's small but it's better than nothing. 
OOC So many dead Mind flayers So many dead mind flayers, oh and some how angry deep ones broke free and started rampaging and the last person kill off all military dang which isn't that bad once I can find a safe character to play as in adventure mode that won't lead to the entire for to gang up. oh okay could someone tell me how to shut off the water pump? edited for adding punctuation.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:49:16 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2011, 07:21:00 am »

Where'd you go, punctuation? I need you!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2011, 07:53:25 pm »

running into some issues with the water pump trap though good news I'm researching necromancy and willing to bring back an old overseer once I'm done so does this loop around back to Slax or am I the last?

oh and the number of dwarves left is 39.
"body swapping and YOU!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »

There's a note on one of the levers near the dining room. Look for one that says "Flusher". Really, I thought you would have been able to find that yourself, seeing as you mentioned notes. If you can't find it, I believe it's in the upper left corner of the square room with stairs in it south of the dining room and north of the workshop area. But that's just going off of memory, which is VERY untrustworthy.

Anyway, a whole bunch of dwarves died because we couldn't find the right lever? Sounds !!FUN!! to me!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »

There's a note on one of the levers near the dining room. Look for one that says "Flusher". Really, I thought you would have been able to find that yourself, seeing as you mentioned notes. If you can't find it, I believe it's in the upper left corner of the square room with stairs in it south of the dining room and north of the workshop area. But that's just going off of memory, which is VERY untrustworthy.

Anyway, a whole bunch of dwarves died because we couldn't find the right lever? Sounds !!FUN!! to me!
oh wait the entire game crashed also that didn't work.

edit: continue on
finally at 7th moonstone 556 we finally found a alternative to the broken trap that would flood the entire fortress if only for that three holes that sucks every body in. my assistant had told me we have 122 dwarves left alive. I order a miner to carve out a temp entrance so that the dwarves can go outside with out falling into what I now call the slip n slide of death. I will now coast through the remaining year practicing Necromancy and seeing if I can further revive the entire fortress. that or make a room full of Zombies

20th moonstone YES finally after listening to the dead on how they wired the place I finally got my caged built in the room again aha!
Oh, got sick of the fact none of the souls of the fallen telling me the proper switch for the three tiles SnSoD they got. Order reg to Order the dwarves to be installed while the bridge was up leading the water to go down now some dwarves blindly rush into the down bridge and their place on the bottom of the revive list.never mind that because now you saps can thank me for installing showers to wash army men. Speaking about Reg I gotten word from her that the siege is over... again it seems reviving an old mind flayer into a zombie mutant give it increase muscle mass in the arm, legs and tentacles and pit it against a lone demon would lead to the end of wars. I'll remember to tele-pit more unruly creatures later
Just to tell you soon to be revived souls later, I sent Reg to order some mechanism to the new floor gates so when a siege starts one just pull the upper left lever and boom the Slip n Slide of death is back.

moonstone 28 the reports coming in from Reg shows that peace is returning. I'm still lock in a cage staring at a door clearly this needs to be fixed so I moved reg and my self to an empty room to the south right that I guess the last person who live there died.
oh and a blacksmith was possessed today nothing special he if makes something great, if he slips into insanity also great. I need a non-my-race to mess with altering their body and I'm not going test adding smarts to Reg before testing this on a loony. I'll start on "operation out of this cage and into a sweet pad" and project "original 7z"

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:07:22 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2011, 12:31:58 am »

darn I double posted.
oh well I might as well reserve this post for images and part 2 of my year.

25th opal 556 mid winter
the revival of the whole site was a success. Though too much a success ended up reviving every one who died on the site than just all the dwarves. Though due to every love one that was lost to wars are back. Reg took this as a good platform for her election to mayor. She won under the "better medicare" system and gave me rights to a cage free room. Just to keep track here's the overseer revival list.
Ahra 2
Siraaron
userpay
Dragoncurse(who never played)
siraaron2
sysice
billbobfred 2
slax 2
optimumtact
house 2
house
DEON
Raul
slax
ahra
Rumrusher
Runt
Daff
Conflict
Daff2
billybobfred no longer a ghost.
as of now I got Reg to carve me out a nice room so I can continue my practices in peace. oh and remember any slaughtered tame creatures yeah they are all back and will be order to be rekilled so free food. the dwarf number is now 195

4th obsidian 556 late winter

12 granite 557 early spring.

I finally reach my goals for this year. First to escape this cage and second to finally revive the fort so they won't go and kill me.
though total revival of an entire fort would lead to some deaths but it enough to save me from the archers Reg move up from assistant to mayor. I guess due to her now 'Enhanced skiils'. this would be the second to last letter I write to myself in this cage. The last would be once the dang mechanic properly installs the removal mechanism and I walk over to my new room, unfinished if it maybe and wait until they need a purple bearded God(dess) to save them from a disaster.

well stop the siege rez some deads oh and the room with the forgotten beast is off limits I'll be shipping the save in a new post.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:16:52 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2011, 12:45:14 am »

Try one of the other ones. One of them has GOT to either close the floor hatch and thereby turn off the Flusher, or extend the 2 bridges to the sides and cover up the pits so nobody falls in.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:45 am »

There's also one that flushes the depot and one that closes the depot doors as well (unless someone has changed them after I made them) :D
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2011, 01:34:51 am »

the floor hatch was the issue the bridge being down led to water rushing in making a pull that sucks dwarves in.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2011, 08:03:34 am »

I don't know what's wrong with the trap, it's a simple machine really just a pump tower connected to a pipe with a hatch over the bridge. The hatch is controlled by a lever with a note saying "flusher".
There is also a seperate lever on top of the walls on the surface, next to the door to the "pipe" filled with water, pulling the lever shuts down the water pump by closing a hatch on the intake tile. Can't remember what I wrote on the note on that one but all the levers I made atleast had notes giving some idea of what they do.

The flusher, depot flusher, bridge control and depot door levers should be next to the large stairway on the level with the dining room and residential areas, just south of the dining room.

All of above might have been changed / fucked up by those after me so...

Heh think I'll download the last save to see what's happening.

Oh and put me to the end of the turn list again, I could take another try at this place now that it has grown a bit.

EDIT: Took a look around at melkor's last save, everything should be in working order, please see the Notes view. There are quite a few around.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:33:42 am by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2011, 07:29:31 pm »

I didn't change anything, I just added a couple levers (one for cavern access and one for something else I don't remember).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

good news I revive every one but Melkor, though I don't know how that happen but I guess 'Rumrusher' doesn't like others using the name on a dwarf then killing it.
crash.

well it's done Foundboulder save is here
oh and the recent overseer is in hiding and lurks the site but the room with the giant Forgotten beast spider is hers.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:37:21 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14