Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]  (Read 19039 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2011, 01:48:45 pm »

Well, what I tried was replacing just the creature_x, plant_x, and inorganic_x files. Everything looks fine right now, but if anyone can think of a reason why this would go horribly wrong, now would be the time to tell me.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2011, 03:19:15 pm »

If the world DOES asplode, I still have a copy of my save. Just in case, you know?  ;)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2011, 04:10:24 pm »

3rd Granite, 555
So, apparently, I've been called upon to run the fort for a year.

Is this a thing? Are we one of those forts?

My job is to mine. I've paid no attention to the other workings of the fort.

Well, I guess I'd best take a tour.

4th Granite
Yeah, I've got no clue what's going on. Nothing left but to abuse my power for personal profit!

5th Granite
Holy crap. Look at all this metal we don't have. I'm doing some exploratory mining.

16th Granite
Eek a forgotten beast! It's a fire-breathing crocodile with external ribs and some other stuff! i am not going near it

23rd Granite
We've got migrants. woot
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:46:58 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

Okay Charm spells and psiconic and magic based attacks and only talks through telepathy. Sadly the one only able to be played right now has a bolt in his tentacle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2011, 05:59:18 pm »

18th Felsite
Lust demons are attacking! D:

They killed some woodcrafter named Monom.

The previous leaders left just enough documentation on the military that I know to tell them, uh, do that thing they were trained to do.

There are also some snatchers; mind flayers and pain demons.

19th Felsite
Um. I think the military got them? Or the cage traps? I don't know, they're not trying to kill us anymore.

And a trade caravan has arrived as well.

Oh no they're not gone at all! They're killing the sylvans! I don't know what sylvans even are but trade is good and death is bad and this is bad! D: D: D: D:

They even killed one of our diagnosers! Everything is ruined forever!

22nd Felsite
They're definitely all dead and/or captured now. I think.

I had to appoint official healthcare dwarves, just to make sure nobody goes untreated due to someone thinking "surely it's someone else's responsibility". No, to these six guys, it's definitely not someone else's problem.

I also set up a swimming pool. Completely unrelated, it just happened to get done right about now.

28th Felsite
Gah another ambush! A completely different ambush!

Oh no! They killed Sulix!

I don't know who he really is but they killed him! This is unforgivable for some reason!

It is now summer.

Why with all the ambushing??? It was perfectly peaceful the first two months! D: D: D: D: D:

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2011, 06:36:47 pm »

6th Hematite
Okay. Um.

They're gone now.

I found that the two bridges at the entrance could be retracted to make a "dodge this" trap. Those are good. Anything tough for enemies to get through is good in my book.

11th Hematite
The blacksmith is taken by a mood!

13th Hematite
He took a magma forge, naturally.

Um. Now that it's finished, I feel it's time for me to explain my cryptic little comment back on 4th Granite.

Basically, what I did, was I granted myself fancy adamantine rooms. In the hollowed-out adamantine vein.

It's totally selfless, really. If we ever breach Hell, I'll be the first to die. Well, second, after the poor soul who does the breaching...

Though I did also give myself a training room in there, so I'll end up holding them off for a while. In full adamantine gear.

What? Totally selfless! Thinking of the fort, here! Would you want our first line of defense against Hell itself to be clad in anything less than the best?

21st Hematite
Everyone cancels collect clay: clay vanished

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT IS RIGHT THERE YOU GUYS COME ON

also migrants arrived

25th Hematite
SHUT UP

ABOUT YOUR VANISHED CLAY

IT IS RIGHT THE SPORE THERE

SEE

RIGHT THERE

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »

The Harmonious Master would like to inform the current leader of the People's Republic that the PSDA is using exclusively adamantine, too.
The Harmonious Master would also like to state that sylvan elves bring spellwood, which is supposedly actually good for weaponry.
The secret project that the Harmonious Master spoke of before is, in fact, the giant GPROFB built in the courtyard above ground.
The Harmonious Master would like to know if he is still called the Harmonious Master.
The Harmonious Master would also like to request tombs to be built for the PSDA troops, also known as the Most Honorable Ones.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »

Aha I knew masterclassing in soap was a good career move, a good politician is always clean, in more ways then one!
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2011, 03:38:43 pm »

Blarg, take me off the list entirely. Things are going down over here and I probably won't have time to play when the save reaches me once again.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2011, 01:59:36 am »

could you post the thought's of all the overseers
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2011, 03:22:57 am »

...what?

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:42 am »

...what?
what i am trying to say is: billybobfred could you find all the previous overseers and post there ''thoughts''
 on the forums because i am intressed what the previous overseers are doing/thinking

is this clear enough
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2011, 09:34:12 am »

aren't most of them dead?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2011, 10:37:46 am »

They do have a bad habit of getting themselves killed, but they're not all dead.

Spoiler: zomg 13 hueg images (click to show/hide)

Those are the alive dwarves. There's also a bunch of dead guys who have "been content lately" because they died so long ago that all their thoughts expired.

Oh also:
The Harmonious Master would like to inform the current leader of the People's Republic that the PSDA is using exclusively adamantine, too.
The Harmonious Master would also like to state that sylvan elves bring spellwood, which is supposedly actually good for weaponry.
The secret project that the Harmonious Master spoke of before is, in fact, the giant GPROFB built in the courtyard above ground.
The Harmonious Master would like to know if he is still called the Harmonious Master.
The Harmonious Master would also like to request tombs to be built for the PSDA troops, also known as the Most Honorable Ones.

I wasn't really paying any attention to that stuff. But I'll give you guys tombs in the veins too. (So that's who the Most Honorable Ones are...)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:40:11 am by billybobfred »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »

25th Hematite
So, a guy calling himself the Harmonious Master came up to me and requested that his followers, the three Most Honorable Ones, get tombs in the adamantine vein as well.

Conveniently, there's space for exactly three rooms in there. And I had been wondering what to do with them. There's only so much I can give myself, and I've pretty much done it all.

Then the mayor comes up and complains to me about his accommodations.

So all right, I guess I can give him a better space.

And while I'm at it, all these rooms the common folk are living in... they need something.

Ah, yes... Storage space. And privacy.

So. Doors and cabinets for everyone! Just as soon as they get made.

26th Hematite
That artifact is done.

It's a bucket. How can it be so damn expensive? It is worth 7 and a half times as much as the next most valuable artifact in the fort.

We are going to be sieged to death in about five minutes. Who wouldn't want this... bucket.

Okay it's a freaking bucket I just can't get worked up over that.

9th Malachite
I've modified the military orders slightly.

Firstly, the marksdwarves are to train in the arena when possible. Well, not really "in" it. More like "next to" it. The point is, they're shooting at the mind flayers and pain demons and whatnot that fell into our cage traps.

Secondly, instead of all soldiers on duty two months every season, it's some soldiers on duty year-round. Except for the two one-man squads. They keep the old schedule. They kind of have to.

15th Malachite
Oh, for the love of...

GUYS. IT IS AN ARENA. THEY CAN'T GET YOU. QUIT RUNNING OFF LIKE LITTLE ELVEN GIRLS.

Ugh. I was trying to build a second door so that they would not do that, or at least do it less. You know what happened?

The idiot assigned to build it propped open the first door with the second one, looked into the arena, and ran off in tears.

And now everyone looks in and... gah.

10th Galena
gwebuigkseuabihivl

why

all month

shut up

14th Galena
And now we're being sieged, just like I predicted. Though rather later than I predicted, I'll admit...

And by two enemies! Demons and centaurs... I sure hope they're at war with each other. It'll make this whole thing a lot easier.

17th Galena
The demons are fleeing. The centaurs are moving in.

24th Galena
I think they can't get in. Which is good, of course.

Autumn has come.

1st Limestone
We're still technically under siege, but whatever. They're just getting their asses kicked on the dodge-this traps anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14