Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]  (Read 19047 times)

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2011, 10:42:14 pm »

Shard thorn, can be brewed into a crappy booze (value 1) or milled into rust coloured dye(value 20).
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2011, 10:53:18 pm »

Thanks!
Anyway, we return to the story, already in progress...
---
...martial trance ends, leaving him open to attack from around 15 centaurs. Minkot Zulbaniton stands nearly no chance against 15 centaurs.

The centaurs swiftly cut into the commander, Bembul.

Some brave citizens run outside to recover our wounded troops, but the centaurs have no mercy.

A PSDA member, seeking to avenge his comrades, rushes out, knowing that he is much better armed and armored than the existing militia was.

On the rampart and bridge, the militia and centaur archers trade shots.
Rakust Metultulon, the PSDA soldier, actually fares well against the centaur archers. The archers are woefully unprepared for close combat, and with his superior blade, Rakust manages to do some real damage. I close with the centaurs, managing to injure one. Rakust finally takes a couple shots to the kidneys, causing him to temporarily fall back. The circumstances throw me into a martial trance. Unfortunately, although it would greatly benefit the history of the People's Republic, I cannot remember what happened next.
After the battle, the citizens showed me the results.

Apparently, I singlehandedly slew all the archers, earning the title "The Pure Clod of Tombs" in the process.
Since we had many wounded left from the battle, OptimumTact offered to temporarily become the doctor of the People's Republic.
Shortly after the battle, the possessed glassmaker from before finished his work, worth 32400 urists.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then it was autumn.
---
So, yeah, I think I'll just keep the save for as long as my dwarf lives. Just kidding!  :P I'll give it up at the end of the year. How do you guys think I'm doing?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:14:22 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:10 pm »

What was the last line in the game log when the crash happened?

And yeah, please save from time to time because there may be some unrelated and related crashes due to the way DF works.

Also, careful with centaurs, they are quite nasty in melee.

Our nation symbol is... "deaths"? Sounds dwarven enough to me :).

So, yeah, I think I'll just keep the save for as long as my dwarf lives. Just kidding!  :P I'll give it up at the end of the year. How do you guys think I'm doing?
I haven't read the last post because you've posted it just as I posted this one (ninjad me :P) so I will have to read it, but all the previous posts were very detailed, image-heavy and entertaining. Just like I love :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »

Can I get on the waiting list for this? Sounds like fun!
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2011, 11:16:33 pm »

Anyone notice the floating cheese maker in the "no mercy" pic? Look around him and you'll notice he's on empty space. :P
The last line was:
Code: [Select]
loop path fail: <same square> stone dwarfette,Store Item in Stockpile,91,26,53 -> 110,73,53: Id #3534:Path Goal Seek Item for Storage:Station Mill Building at 82,65,49I guess that means I didn't have enough of something and then something else exploded.
I went ahead and redorfed the dead people and everyone on the list, plus the people *coughcoughSYSICEcoughcough* who asked but haven't been added yet. Since list people didn't ask, I just put them as whatever. If you want to see your dwarf's stats/prefs/happiness screen, just ask! I won't do it if nobody asks, though, because it's too much work.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:16:03 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:23 am »

Anyone notice the floating cheese maker in the "no mercy" pic? Look around him and you'll notice he's on empty space. :P
The last line was:
Code: [Select]
loop path fail: <same square> stone dwarfette,Store Item in Stockpile,91,26,53 -> 110,73,53: Id #3534:Path Goal Seek Item for Storage:Station Mill Building at 82,65,49I guess that means I didn't have enough of something and then something else exploded.
Nah, that only means that the crash was not caused by mod failure and some caravan didn't bring something which crashed the game (which was the reason why there were crashes before - some arbitrary inavaliable materials brought by keeper caravans), so it's impossible to track the reason of the crash and it could be caused by some vanilla crash-bug.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2011, 12:46:51 am »

D'aww! Foundboulder, you're growing up so fast. Sign my sister's sister's brother (Sulix) up to lead a squad.
Doing good so far, Aaron. Way more entertaining than my trudge and sludge.

Hopefully the "magma monster" will become a tale to scare would-be blacksmith kids with.
If not...
...Photoshop! The Salve of Grooving was nice too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:50:59 am by Slax »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2011, 09:30:29 pm »

What good fortune! A legendary diagnostician arrived, just in time to replace OptimumTact as the doctor of the People's Republic. We will try to keep him alive this time.
One of the PSDA has grown attached to his weapon. Whether this will have any effect on the People's Republic has yet to be determined.
I decided to activate the Flusher to attempt to clean the bridge of all the blood.
All it did was spread the blood around. Good thing our walls are already blood-red.
Kib, one of our marksmen who was wounded in the centaur battle, won't shut up.

Outside, word was spread that the capitalist dwarven caravan had arrived. While looking at them from the gatehouse, I noticed someone's dead body.

It was Ahra I. For some reason, the body had never been buried.
Some illithid thief was captured.

Out in the fields, mysterious smoke clouds were spotted. On closer examination, the smoke was actually illithid toxin. This alerted us to the possibility of 3 ambushes awaiting our dwarves.

---
What will happen next? Will the not-so-hidden illithids manage to surprise the People's Republic? Find out next time!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2011, 12:19:52 am »

NO! NOT THE GIANT LEOPARD!  :'(

The leopard's death marked the start of winter.
Fortunately, the PSDA fought off both ambushes. The third cloud of smoke was just a thief who was easily captured.
The liaison wants us to become a barony. Naturally, I reject, as this would mean the People's Republic just becoming another territory of the capitalist dogs.

In order to better accommodate the People of the People's Republic, I have ordered new rooms to be dug out.
Another dwarf has earned a title. Slax II the Doused Shadow of Striking. Also, Ahra II became an Elite.
A PSDA member has been possessed!

Also, a cyclops came. I'll just let it wander towards our gates.

The PSDA charge out to attack Sasmung, but he overpowers a single soldier greatly.
The rest of the forces rush out, but they are sadly too late. They witness the first PSDA death.

In the end, the PSDA wins, but at great cost. They have learned to not be overconfident.
As soon as Sasmung was defeated, another, more sinister foe appeared.

Fortunately, the caves are sealed off.
Rakust, the possessed guy from earlier, finished. His work is worth 98400 urists.
Spoiler: another biggun! (click to show/hide)
The announcement of the new guard animal has become a proud tradition of the People's Republic.
This time, it's a black bear that we bought from the elves.
And the year draws to a close. In the spirit of the People's Republic, I have decided to step down from rulership. However, I will remain the leader of the PSDA.
STATUS OF THE FORTRESS
Stuff to Finish:
- Kill the mind flayer in the arena with the archers
- Appoint a captain of the guard so that the labor camps can be used
- Dorf anyone I missed
And the save's finally done! GO GO GO!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:41:22 am by SirAaronIII »

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2011, 01:40:54 am »

billybobfred VS. Time Limit
Round 2, DING!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2011, 02:17:54 am »

okay I have 2 ideas for my run if you guys don't mind me joining in?
1 do a snatch mission where I grab one of the royals from the invading army for you guys to do what ever you want,
2 if I can't do one see if I could walk through the prison system while the fort's active aka 'dorf' me as a prisoner and I'll control the trapped and tortured.

the first kinda hard to do with the lack of fortress to raid in unless there was site i can go visit that not a completely gone and near by.
second one might be easier to do but really really awkward if I follow the turn system the prisoner(s) would only get one chance in a long time to break free(and murder/loot every one),
though I would only play under adventure mode and make use of the adventure swap/make companion functions in dfusion. I'll limit my self on the crazy POWERS like necromancy until freed.
expect drawn pictures of the events of said poor creature who dared walk into Foundboulder.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2011, 07:15:53 am »

Heh, I'm glad to see that they use the latin language of keepers to name FB. This name is awesome, Maleficus is much better than Alyayahara. ;D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2011, 08:32:15 am »

Ohey it's my turn.

So ASCII Genesis is up to date and all, right? and I just paste the raws in to the save or what

is it even save compatible apparently that's a thing
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2011, 11:43:30 am »

So far there's no ASCII Genesis, sorry :). You could try the TomiTapio's build, but you may need to ask him to remove the bonefire mod from it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2011, 12:10:17 pm »

so does bondfire screws up with the graphics?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14