Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]  (Read 19032 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession]
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:18:20 am »

Fine! We're leaving.
That's the last thing I remember saying to the sour hosts back "home". We, me and my 6 companions, had finally worked hard enough to get out of that retched place.

The wagon we built was a sign of things to come. The first brick in the road leading to adventure and glory! The second brick came from our hard labor. Working day and night to afford supplies for our journey. Every other brick we forged with words forming stories, constantly motivating us to get out and see the world.

Work was tough as the dwarves surrounding us were no fans of what we called freedom. Get a job, stick with it and then die. NO THANK YOU, good overseer.
But now, finally, we're on our way out of there. This, dear diary, is the birth of our true selves!

And so they traveled. Days passed. Then weeks. Then months.

Constantly traveling was... uh, a bad idea. We are TIRED! Gods, I've never felt like this before. My bones gnaw against my flew. My brow is constantly sweaty. My throat permanently parched.
We've reached an agreement. Setting up camp is but a temporary solution to a permanent problem. We're going to construct a new home. OUR home. Well, we really have no other choice seeing as how the wagon just collapsed. Maybe pulling it through thick woodland wasn't such a good idea. Traveling east, we were supposed to come out by a large mountain but instead got bogged down in mud and clay. At least there's a stream nearby. Maybe things won't be so bad once we settle in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I'm about to see what's left in the wagon. We should have some tools, food and beverage left.

-
Heya! pieisgoo's Genesis thread stalled so I decided to start one of my own. One with some non-sequitur storytelling, hopefully.
Who's up for some rough and tough wilderness survival? SIGN UP for rulership or just a dwarf. Play for as long as you like.

We're running the Ironhand tileset

The original 7:
- Ahra (Soldier/Fisher)
- Slax (Soldier/Carpenter)
- House (Doctor)
- Conflict (Miner)
- asfghn (Miner)
- Daff (Woodcutter)
- Deon (Hunter)
OH SHIT! They dead, son.

Updates:
- Preliminary (YOU'RE LOOKING AT IT!)
- Update 1
- Update 2
- Update 2.5
- Update 3
- Update 4
- Update 5
- Update 5.5
- Update 6
- Update 7
- Update 8
- Update 9
- Update 10
- Update 11
- Update 12
- Update 13
- Update 14
- Update 15
- Update 16
- Update 17
- Update 18
- Update 19
- Update 20
- Update 20.5
- Update 21
- Update 22
- Update 23
- Update 23.5
- Update 24
- Update 25
- Update 26
- Update 27

Rulers:
- Slax
- melkor
- Daff
- SirAaronIII
- billybobfred
- melkor
- Rumrusher
- Sysice

Extras:
- The Foundboulder theme song
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:02:28 am by Slax »

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Esdoroltar, here we come! [Succession] [SIGN UP]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »

Bumped for great justice. Come on, folks. You know you want to.

Dr.House

• Bay Watcher
  • DrHouse:cancels diagnose paicent; need vicodin
    • View Profile
Re: Esdoroltar, here we come! [Genesis Succession] [SIGN UP]
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:03:23 pm »

Sounds epic so far, I'd like to be dorfed if Ya dont mind, A healthsmith(doc).
"Needs vicodin to get through the day"
"Hates to help others"
"Has Great Memory"

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »

Just a dwarf for me, danke!

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:39:51 am »

You get to double as a Chef, House. (Stealing from Wilson, no doubt.) At least you'll be out of harm's way... most of the time.
Conflict gets a miner. Maybe even a BATTLE miner.

Proper update later today.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:53:08 am »

i have a turn of overseer

il make a dorf wan its my turn
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

an soldier ,my name,your choice of soldier and other professions
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

Reading music.

I'll start calling dwarves by their names once we get more thread participation.

1st Slate, 551. Spring.
Ah, we're living the dream! Our beloved wagon truly did show us the way to true happiness.

We did try to move it for a while. It promptly dismantled itself in rejection.

Take it or leave it. The future is now! Some of us uttered that our location wasn't prime, that we should just pack up what we could and move to a more fitting spot. Well, someone pointed at the heap of things spilling out of the defeated wagon and we all started to grumble. Carrying all of that even a mile would've been too much effort.

Two of us are trained miners. Luckily we were stocked with two picks to satisfy their digging needs. We made hasty plans to meet our barebones needs. The dirt's easy to dig through so our needed facilities (lodging, workplaces, future farm development) came to be without much effort. We'll be staying there until we hit stone.

Rummaging through our stocks I've found that we have plenty of meat, drink and seeds. Should last until mid winter at least. One of us nabbed a crossbow and what few copper bolts were laying around. More meat won't hurt. House, our self-proclaimed doctor (he's actually a chef) got a kitchen up and running. Until now we've been feasting on cave wheat stew. He's hopefully planning something more exquisite for the future.

Another one of our inhabitants (Gods, I'm starting to sound like an overseer. I need a drink!) grabbed a WOODEN AXE and started chopping down trees, shouting something about us never finding a supposed rock layer under the dirt and that we'd need all of the wood we can find. Not sure how he's managed to fell so many trees with nothing but a wooden axe... but he's done it. So far we've used the wood for beds (finally!) and a floodgate for the future farm plot's irrigation. We'll get to doors soon enough. Up until now we've been going above ground for privacy and that hasn't worked out too good.

The stream's to the northeast. On the other side of it we've seen two giant scorpions! Thankfully the stream's pretty deep and full of leeches. Hopefully those hulking brutes stay away. We're not ready to defend ourselves against such monsters. Everyone's been on edge...

All we've seen on our side of the stream is some camels. Our two short sword wielding maniacs soldiers were seen killing one of them to "test their mettle". Our one steel dwarf took a hoof to the chest. He had some trouble breathing after that but healed up fairly quick.

7th Slate, 551. Spring.
We've decided on an optimistic name for our home. This is Foundboulder!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:55:15 pm by Slax »

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
Re: "Foundboulder", here we are! [Genesis Succession] [SIGN UP]
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 06:03:44 pm »

Well geez, you could have at least linked it on pieisgoo's thread. :P

I'll take a dorfing and a round at overseer, please!
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:08 pm »

Sign me up as well :)

For both, a rulership and a dwarf, if possible a smith of somekind ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:49:04 pm by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »

Well geez, you could have at least linked it on pieisgoo's thread.
Sorry about that. Guess I have a "If you want it you'll look for it" mentality.

You get to be one of the founding 7, Daff. Woodcutter and part-time carpenter for now.

Speaking of founders...

A thing for scorpion chitin, hm?. Oh my. That can't be good.

Detests rats?! Good thing we have cats.

Gnawing away at mud and dirt probably doesn't require much patience anyway... right?

An aspid woodcutter. Those camels better not start anything!

Our unnamed hunter. He has a copper crossbow and 11 bolts to play with. Well, he HAD 11 bolts. Those things better not break easy.

Flies! A little accident with food storage.

A clumsy swordsdwarf with little willpower. That's just great.

Not much going on yet. Maybe summer will bring excitement. Hopefully not too much !!FUN!!

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:06:57 pm »

Hehehe, I suppose an aspid woodcutter will do... just don't get me killed before it's my turn :D
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:57 pm »

Never played Genesis mod before.

Dorf me and sign me up. *awesomeface*
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 01:09:02 am »

If you would so kindly put me in the running.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 04:09:35 am »

Don't forget to remove [GRASSTRAMPLE:0] from all the domestic animals in the region save raw folder. This token does the opposite of what it was written on Wiki.

P.S. There'll be an update today, which is NOT save game breaking, so don't forget to update your save raws.

P.P.S. Did you cut out the section with the metals on the embark info, or did you really embark on an area without any ore? o_O

P.P.P.S. Looking at the screenshots, you have varied tiles turned on in your init settings. Turn them OFF to stop seing periods and commas instead of the ground.

and a floodgate for the future farm plot's irrigation.
Why do you want to irrigate the farm plot? For roleplay reasons? Because farms just need a soil :).

P.P.P.P.S. If you could call Ezum after me, it would be nice :P.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Aww, Asfghn has got a male dwarf, what an irony :P.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:16:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14