Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: elite marksdwarf dropping out of status + blood  (Read 378 times)

ikarsai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
elite marksdwarf dropping out of status + blood
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:34:11 am »

Hi,
Please help me in this.
I finally have an elite marksdwarf. The annoucement came up and his sprite became different and blue. He was injured and took to the hospital. Finally he left and he changed to be a hunter (I switched off his hunter preference years ago). Then later he will go to the barack, but not an elite any more. In a new fight he turn elite again and next month he is not elite anymore. Why this is happening? Why he is dropping from status?

another question.
In the stockpile I found some armor and weapon that text said: it is coated with the blood of somebody. Are these stuff are not used any more, because they are bloody? Do I need to melt them?

Many thanks in advance.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: elite marksdwarf dropping out of status + blood
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:40:18 am »

There's currently a bug with 'Elite' units where if they go off duty for any reason, they'll lose their 'Elite' status until they gain additional experience in a weapon skill.

For the second question, bloodied weapons / armour are a natural part of Dwarf Fortress. I'd be surprised if any of your gear was actually clean! (This only becomes a problem with infectious blood, such as from certain Forgotten Beasts.)