Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I know which dwarf died?  (Read 344 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
How do I know which dwarf died?
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:44:19 am »

So my population drops down by half a dozen dwarfs after my last siege, and I'm sitting here and trying to remember just who exactly those dead corpses once were.
I also have a dead dwarf baby lying on the fortress gate, but I have no idea who's child it was.

Is there any way to view the stats/relationships of a dwarf after he has died?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: How do I know which dwarf died?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:02:46 am »

Yes, but as far as I know you can only do it by viewing the dwarf from someone else's relationships.
Which isn't useful to you because you do not know to who they are related :P

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:49 am »

Press 'a' and scroll back in your announcements log. Should tell you exactly who died when and where.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:11 am »

So my population drops down by half a dozen dwarfs after my last siege, and I'm sitting here and trying to remember just who exactly those dead corpses once were.
I also have a dead dwarf baby lying on the fortress gate, but I have no idea who's child it was.

Is there any way to view the stats/relationships of a dwarf after he has died?

Yes.  If you go to the [ u ]nit list, and scroll down past all your dwarves and animals (or, actually, scroll up past all the other dead things, because that's usually faster), you will see that the top "deceased" entries are your dwarves.  From there, you can [v]iew them and look at their [r]elationships.