Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slug forgotten beast...easy or what?  (Read 706 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Slug forgotten beast...easy or what?
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:30 am »

So there's only one FB in my caverns at present (*knocks on wood*) and I'm thinking of sending some millitia dorfs down there to see if they can't put a stop to its doings (sliming around), after a few rounds in the danger room and with full steel gear. The FB is a slug with deadly blood, and I think it had feathers, too. My question is, will a giant slug be hard to take down? They don't really have limbs to attack with, do they?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Damien White

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slug forgotten beast...easy or what?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:40:13 am »

If he has no head you are fucked.

If he has he will be no problem unless he has some special abillities like poison etc.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 06:53:11 am »

Well, it's just a normal slug (albeit huge and feathery), so presumably it could still out (I employ solely axedwarves). I haven't checked it yet, though, so I'll have to do that later.

It's got deadly blood, I don't know how much of a problem that'll be.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Damien White

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:56:29 am »

No idea either, how about you try some dwarfen sience?

Aka kill it and watch what happens.

But as long as he has no head you need some marksdwarfes because your meledwarfes cant chop his head of.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:02:02 am »

Wouldn't spears work? They should be good for killing big, soft stuff...

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:40 am »

You guys have obviously not seen the snake vs slug video. And snake have teeth like spears, if yer on the biting end... Slug wins, I think. Since it slugjuiced the snake's mouth closed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbKXNjbgvqc

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:08:04 am »

Ok, the answer you seek: yes it's easy to kill (I assume you have pointy weapons). That's not what makes this particular FB a challenge. You may end up with a tantrum spiral even if you kill it with no casualties if you do not take precautions.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:55 am »

Just make sure your armies take salt. Lots and lots of salt.  ;)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:53 pm »

Hmm. Well, the slug seems to have wandered into an unexplored bit of the cavern. The dimetrodon that was here earlier is back, though. This one has a poisonous sting, but even if it has a particularly deadly venom, I doubt it'll get through steel plate (right? >_>). Sadly, now I can't check if the slug had a head.

I do have some guy with skills in speardwarf who could lead a squad of pointy-stick-carrying goons, in case it doesn't.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »

Actually, killing it won't be that hard for you I think. The aftermath though... thats where your fun will begin. A bit of advice build some cleaning trenches if you haven't already done so.