Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hell embark  (Read 3730 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell embark
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 12:12:55 pm »

I already have the tools to do all that, but I'm trying to figure the minimum amount of hacking needed. Tweak wouldn't be needed if I could find a spot with solid ground at the NW. But I also want there to be a clown fortress on the map ;) "Urist: Escape From Hell" plans to be a bloody saga.

either dfliquids or tweak can give me farmable ground (was able to hack sand cavern floors with Tweak). I'm thinking maybe adding some back-story could juistify hacking in a small farm plot. e.g. the dwarven expedition is travelling along, and suddenly a vortex appears around them (maybe a magical attack from some demon enemy), they, and a chunk of ground are teleported into Hell.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 12:26:56 pm »

Maybe thay just brought sand with them?

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:27 pm »

I already have the tools to do all that, but I'm trying to figure the minimum amount of hacking needed. Tweak wouldn't be needed if I could find a spot with solid ground at the NW. But I also want there to be a clown fortress on the map ;) "Urist: Escape From Hell" plans to be a bloody saga.

There are no such locations. Probably. At least none in about 20 embarks. Each corner in every embark had at least few tiles of glowing pit.

As for the food source - can dwarves butcher demons ? I never survived long enough to try.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »

There are no such locations. Probably. At least none in about 20 embarks. Each corner in every embark had at least few tiles of glowing
I had at least 1 map with high-ground in the NW of hell, but I've got a feeling that it would try and spawn the poor dwarves encased in Slade if it's too high, and falling straight into the pit if too low, so the perfect site is just so picky. And having a clown-fortress too. Not going to happen.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »

There are no such locations. Probably. At least none in about 20 embarks. Each corner in every embark had at least few tiles of glowing pit.

As for the food source - can dwarves butcher demons ? I never survived long enough to try.
Demons are basically small forgotten beasts. That can all fly. And shoot fire. And are immune to almost everything.

Basically they are mini forgotten beasts from Hell.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10:51 pm »

Query: Assuming that you can survive long enough, will traders show up? As well, will ambushes and sieges?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »

Dude, it's in the middle of the ocean (it's the only way to start you in hell). This is just an idea for now, though it's doable. I don't know what happens if I put floor on top of the ocean edge though, so who knows. Maybe obsidianizing the surface will make a magical path onto the map. It really needs there to be lots of cave civs to be any fun.

I'd certainly get lots of cave-animals though, since there's nothing on the surface but fish.

EDIT: It'd be funny if the spawn bug affected migrants and traders. Forget about a goblin siege you'd have to save every trader from Demons
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:50:47 pm by Reelyanoob »
Pages: 1 [2]