Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How evil are you?  (Read 6515 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How evil are you?
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:35:48 am »

What was the most evil thing that you have done in Dwarf Fortress? My personal favorite is when i flooded a useless peasants with magma and water mined out the rock and made it into a chair and gave it to his wife so that she would stop complaining about her melted soap maker.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
Re: How evil are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:56:23 am »

Goblin arena, only the goblins were armed and the dwarves weren't. Funny story about a one handed farmer that survived the arena, he was an idol to us all.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Damien White

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:17 am »

What was the most evil thing that you have done in Dwarf Fortress? My personal favorite is when i flooded a useless peasants with magma and water mined out the rock and made it into a chair and gave it to his wife so that she would stop complaining about her melted soap maker.

Did the wife recognize the chair as her husband? O.o

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:03:39 am »

Not evil at all. I try to ensure that invaders, troublesome nobles and other pests are disposed of efficiently and humanely (and dwarvenly. Engineering lends dignity to what would otherwise be crude slaughter).

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 06:05:36 am »

On the throne is an image of a dwarf in obsidian. The dwarf is screaming.

Anyway, I once had a habit of rounding up useless migrants and locking them into "oubliettes". They'd starve slowly, or die of thirst. Then they'd be put into coffins in the mountainside.

I stopped that, though, when I noticed a child was throwing a tantrum and I saw I'd killed both his mother and father (and had crushed his puppy under a drawbridge, which I still do), leaving him alone in a fort where he knew nobody.

Felt bad, man ;(
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:11:47 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:09:34 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:52 am »

4 words: puppy shower dining room

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:06 am »

i believe it was my migrant gate at the beginning of 31 versions.

Annoyed by the flood of dwarves i set up my very first burrow ever... under a drawbridge. and send every single migrant without immediate use into it.

The bridge claimed hundreds.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:29:07 am »

Made a meeting area in a ice-mined river. river un-froze. kapow. dead city.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 10:59:53 am »

I'm not much of an evil overlord. Worst thing i've done (other than dropping a bear on a berserk dorf, but he was berserking) is probably to crush a horde of pets under a drawbridge, because they were shitting out kittens and such all the time. The dorfs were otherwise too happy to care. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 11:18:28 am »

I've recently designed a drowning chamber that works a little differently to a normal one, instead of drowning the victims by locking them in a room and filling it with water; It instead flushes them out of the room down a series of tunnels into the main water flow for my fortress and then drops them into a much larger chamber where they eventually drown.

The funny thing is that they often get washed through the waterfalls in my dining hall, so dorfs can be sitting down to a meal while watching they family, friends, pets or nobles flowing down in a rush of water.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »

I traded with the elves.

I am an evil, evil person...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »

I try to ensure all of my dwarves are happy and safe. All dwarven deaths are to be avoided if at all possible. Ever dwarf who dies receives a tomb with a masterwork iron coffin.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 01:25:02 pm »

Urist McWife: Oh My Armok! What have they done to you Urist!
Urist McChair: ....
Urist McWife: Oh! But, you are so masterfully crafted now. Much more useful now.
Urist McChair: ....
Urist McWife: Oh well, back to work. Hi-Ho Hi-Ho Off to work I go

Urist McWife has been ecstatic lately. She has a lost a husband to tragedy lately. She admired a masterful obsidian throne lately.

Urist McChair: .... T_T

Anyways I try to keep the drunk little morons relatively safe and happy, as well as do my best to bury them properly when misfortune does strike. And it always does eventually, sometimes sooner rather than later.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

i just put everyone in the military and make them charges when gobs are around, it normally turns bad for the fortress
Pages: [1] 2 3 4