Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two somewhat related questions  (Read 528 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Two somewhat related questions
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »

If, say, a migrant's spouse was killed by a lion (I don't miss him), and said (non-dead) migrant was spending all of her time chatting with another miner of the opposite sex, would she remarry?
Also, how do I get said migrant into a burrow to get her to start this process?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Two somewhat related questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »

No, I don't believe dwarves remarry.
I could be wrong, though.

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:04:00 am »

You can lock a dwarf away and it will marry the first time, so i think its carried out the same way impregnation is. As for remarrying, i dont know.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:20:47 am »

AFAIK, once a dwarf takes a lover (prerequisite for marriage) they are monogamous for life.  They will never remarry, they will never take a new lover.  Dwarfs will never "get over it".  You can confine the 2 dwarfs in question to a 1-tile burrow, with all labors turned off.  Or make a bedroom with 2 beds, and assign overlapping rooms from both beds.  Or lock them in a room with food and booze and no one else for company.  But if one of them is already married, they will never be more than just friends.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:04 pm »

AFAIK, once a dwarf takes a lover (prerequisite for marriage) they are monogamous for life.  They will never remarry, they will never take a new lover.  Dwarfs will never "get over it".  You can confine the 2 dwarfs in question to a 1-tile burrow, with all labors turned off.  Or make a bedroom with 2 beds, and assign overlapping rooms from both beds.  Or lock them in a room with food and booze and no one else for company.  But if one of them is already married, they will never be more than just friends.

JMZ
...Magma it is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.