Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Regarding Ghosts  (Read 2752 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Ghosts
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »

I remember a thread about how ghosts inherited almost all tags from the base creature, including lifespan ones, which was found as a result of a child's ghost growing up. So if your trader ghosts are troublesome and not dwarves, set their species' lifespan to something really low and let them die.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Ghosts
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 03:18:23 am »

I got ghosts from claimed coffins when the bodies were unrecoverable.  Two miners got burned up in magma.  I had to make slabs for them because an empty coffin wasn't enough.

Thats more than possible - a large and useless migrant wave showed up the same time as an early siege and were massacared. In the resulting clean up I wasnt fussy who got buried and who got smashed.

I remember a thread about how ghosts inherited almost all tags from the base creature, including lifespan ones, which was found as a result of a child's ghost growing up. So if your trader ghosts are troublesome and not dwarves, set their species' lifespan to something really low and let them die.

All dwarves, so not an option. Have now established that the 5 (harmless thankfully) left as a result of "no name slab" issue are form traders and rest (now dealt with) are from migrant wave (above). Also, wasnt aware that anything other than Dwarves could rise as Ghosts.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 [2]