Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things i would like for modding purposes, plus resupply squads  (Read 421 times)

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Civilization material access restructuring: currently, if a civ has access to a material they can make everything possible out of it, no matter how frivolous the item or rare the material. I would like to be able to list which materials are used for weapons, tools armour etc. I would also like to be able to tell the civ to use a metal only for high priority bits of armour like head and/or torso protection.

Breath weapons: would like options to
a) set these to depend on skills and function in an assigned bodypart, and originate from said bodypart
b) not leave material behind after impact with a solid
c) not have physical interaction with the creature creating them

flight: would like to be able to make this depend on a skill and a bodypart, I.E. wings (so that damaging a creature's wings penalizes its flight skill, potentially to the point of forcing it to land.

would like to be able to set preferred twohanded, onehanded and ranged weapons for a civ while leaving other weapons useable but rare; these preferences could perhaps be procedurally created in worldgen

would like to be able to asign small (belt-portable) backup weapons such as hatchets and shortswords. bucklers would be carried on the belt, as they were historically, and one might finally have a reason to produce them. these weapons would be readied and used if the primary weapon was missing or if it was a ranged weapon and the soldier was engaged in melee. one would be able to set whether they would be readied and charged with by out of ammo dwarves in the military screen with options for charging after individual ammo depletion, charging after the squad ran out of ammo or just sitting put.

would like to be able to give squads or perhaps even war animals the duty to carry food water and ammo to other squads.

would like a graphics set equivalent to [CASTE_TILE], or to even be able to set different tiles for every caste/profession combination.

would like to be able to create skills

would like to be able to set attacks to do both concussive and cutting damage in one blow.

would like to be able to restrict civ positions, professions, possession of certain items etc. to certain castes: one could make a specific caste the nobility and refuse to give non-nobility dwarves luxury items such as soap, goods over a certain quality level, gcs silk etc. If the nobility is paranoid of revolution weapons could be forbidden to dwarves outside the royal guard.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:53:54 am by Hatman »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things i would like for modding purposes, plus resupply squads
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:07:06 am »

This is just a list of what all modders want. It things that would be a lot of fun if put in, but are also things I'm pretty sure toady already knows of.
Although I think it are very good idea's, it's just a wishlist and not really anything new.