Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Instant Madness!  (Read 423 times)

MickEfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Instant Madness!
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »

I got this in 33f, but for all I know it's an old issue.

I got this here magma oozing towards my furnaces see, when a metalcrafter gets a mood. Now, I've already premade a magma forge in anticipation of the eventual oozing red stuff. So he whisks over to the forge and I was expecting him to wait for the magma to get there.

Instead he instantly goes melencholy, and then hurls himself into the 2 high lava.

Is this a normal thing? Or is this a bug. You the Toadster shall decide!

PosiBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Instant Madness!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

I'd imagine that the magma was not quite at a steady 4/7 level to keep the furnace steadily on yet. Usually it takes a bit for the magma level to stabilize.... In the mean time, the forges flicker on and off until then. Any tasks queued to them while they're 'on' get cleared when it flickers off. So the dwarf was unfortunate enough to choose that forge, magma shifted back to 3/7 or so, and your dwarf went insane.

*edit* Reading back, I see you mentioned that the lava hadn't yet reached the forge.... This could be considered a bug, but i'd say it's more of a dwarf choosing an unfortunately unprepared location. Personally, I keep all my workshops in seperate rooms with doors... to lock the occasional moody dwarf in...or out, in a situation like this.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: PosiBolt ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »

This is Bug 529.  I think it has to do with magma-less magma workshops clearing all jobs that they have -- this would include the mood job.  Mood dwarves don't like their mood jobs being cleared.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MickEfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

Cool, good to know.