Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34178 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #240 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:01 pm »

Super: Still need to answer the second part of my question. What happened to Taricus/me? And this:
For one thing, he didn't really do much for the past while, but he gave reasons for that.

So giving explanations for lurking is a scumtell? That's... that's a pretty bad reason. Also, do you have any concrete examples of him buddying you? All I can see is the two of you agreeing about Max.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2011, 01:01:23 pm »

First off, I meant that he had not done much, but it was not as bad because he explained it.

For examples, there's the fact that he seems to keep defending me and using my arguments. Look at his post yourself and find it.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2011, 01:12:31 pm »

I've seen some of super's previous games and he likes to just press people. I'm not sure whether he's town or not.

That's the one time he mentions anything about you, and it's a pretty empty statement: the first part is a (I believe) accurate statement about you, and the second part is almost null in terms of information. The only times I see him using your arguments is in refuting Max's arguments because they're bad Mafia play period, and I don't think there are many ways not to agree there.

Also, in case you keep missing it: Super: What about your suspicion of Taricus before I replaced? What happened to that?

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2011, 01:34:08 pm »

I've seen some of super's previous games and he likes to just press people. I'm not sure whether he's town or not.

That's the one time he mentions anything about you, and it's a pretty empty statement: the first part is a (I believe) accurate statement about you, and the second part is almost null in terms of information. The only times I see him using your arguments is in refuting Max's arguments because they're bad Mafia play period, and I don't think there are many ways not to agree there.

Also, in case you keep missing it: Super: What about your suspicion of Taricus before I replaced? What happened to that?

The fact that you arn't blatently refusing to answer questions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2011, 06:16:36 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 2 - Max White, Think0028
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad
Think0028 - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 0

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:16 pm »

*sigh* I've seen enough.

By the power vested in me, I hereby sentence you, Supercharazard, to execution at dusk.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »

Supercharazard

.... fffffFFFFFFF IT'S SPELLED SUPERCHARAZAD THERE ARE ONLY TWO R'S. There's one R in Super, then one R in charazad. The last 3 letters are zad. They are not zard.

Ahem. Shutting up now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39:58 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 3 - Max White, Think0028, Okami No Rei
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad
Think0028 - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 0

The three helmeted figures nodded in agreement, standing tall and resolute before Supercharazad. He stumbled back a bit, glancing around at his accusers.

"But- but you know me! I'm the Dragon Ranger! It's the Song Ranger who's the traitor!" he shouted, pointing desperately at Max White.

"I've heard enough of your lies, imposter," Okami No Rei growled, drawing his curved Smileblades. "Now, taste justice!"

The Laughing Ranger's lunge was sudden and brutal, throwing sparks everywhere as it savaged its target. He stumbled back, crying out, before hitting a nearby console.

Leaning on it for support, the truth became evident. One blow had delivered a crushing wound to his side- the other had cracked his dragon-motif helmet. Around half of it had fallen away, revealing the dark visage of the Dark Ranger's helm beneath!

"SO BE IT!" the wounded Dark Ranger screamed, attempting to draw one of his Flame Pistols. Tainted fire spewed forth, hitting the Laughing Ranger's hand and forcing him to drop one of his Smileblades. Had he been able to use both, the effect would have been devastating.

"ERROR WHAT DO," major_sephiroth, the Robot Ranger proclaimed loudly, obviously a Doppleganger beholden to its master.

"KILL THEM YOU FOOL!" the Dark Ranger screamed in response, attempting to get his other pistol out. The Laughing Ranger ducked his clumsy second shot, and prepared to attack again.

The other Rangers had not been idle, however. Think0028, the Mech Ranger drew his Justice Cannon and fired on the treacherous Dark Ranger, knocking him over the console with an indignant scream, while the Song Ranger drew his Headbanger Axe and leaped at the awkward Doppleganger. Not truly able to function without its master's commands, it was too slow drawing its Flashgun, and was felled with a single overhand chop.

Examining the wreckage, you brave survivors confirm the identities of the foul imposters. With your secret lair once again secure, you work towards repairing the damage. Your mentor's robotic servant is quickly found to be repairable, much to your relief, and upon being restored began to explain everything while bumbling around in an endearing manner. Using the Freedom Keys of all the Rangers- the imposters had stolen real Keys to remain authentic- you are able to resummon your mentor, who had fled knowing the plot was likely aimed at the very heart of Justice on this world.

Today you have sent a powerful message that the forces of Justice and Freedom will never give up, no matter the odds. In the words of the valiant Song Ranger:

WITH ALL OF MY HEROIC MIGHT!

Supercharazad has been lynched! He was the Dark Ranger (Godfather)!

major_sephiroth has been lynched! He was the Doppleganger (Mafioso)!

Max White, Freedom Ranger (Townie) has won!

Think0028, Freedom Ranger (Townie) has won!

Okami No Rei, Freedom Ranger (Townie) has won!

Scumchat

So, what did everyone think? I'm seriously wondering if I should have given the scumteam advice, since they didn't directly have an IC with them. I figured the town one would be good enough, since a major part of playing good scum is acting like good town, but there is some stuff they maybe could have used help with. The fact that our IC was rather busy also hurt things, though I'm not sure to what extent.

I'm also pretty sure I need to rewrite the rules to be more legible.

Anyway, I do hope everyone learned something. I can give more specific advice after the fact, if anyone wants it, and it'd be good if anyone had any comments to share or questions for each other.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2011, 07:48:30 pm »

Well, Supercharazad, I always said that if I had anything to do with it, you would be the first to go. My hammer is heavy and my will is strong!

Good game all round guys, very entertaining! I know I had fun, but did you guys? I mean lordnincompoop sort of made it feel like I should hang up my noose for good, if you catch my drift, so was I really that bad that you don't want me back, or was in more of a game thing? While I would be more than willing to continue with another game one day, I wouldn't want to ruin the game for others. For a while there I was thinking about asking for a replace, but decided against it, taking into account the time it took to get a replacement last time, and what it did to the game, so instead encouraged others to vote me out fairly, thus keeping things in game. It didn't exactly work. Regardless, how's my scum hunting?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »

You definitely improved! Don't be discouraged, you just had a few bad impressions about what Mafia was and what to do. Just keep reading and keep playing and you'll be a good player with time. I enjoyed playing with everyone here, and it'd be great if you stuck around.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:45 pm »

*Reading scum log*
No, no super, I would have vengekilled you in a second. At not a single point was I going to vengekill anybody but you. I thought I had made that most clear.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:01 pm »

Max, also consider that in game, it's unlikely any of us would explicitly take you under our wing, as that's extremely suspicious: buddying is a powerful scum tool, since you subconsciously don't want to lynch a friend. And the scum didn't exactly want to let you live. Now that we're out of the game, look at what we think.

Now, on to game commentary: HOLY SHIT changing my vote was the right reaction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »

You should be proud of yourself- you hammered scum.  Stick around and play a few more games!

Once the game got going after that lull, I thought everyone did well.

What Think says is true.  In game, everyone is an evil asshole out to get you.  Out of the game, we're generally a pretty amiable bunch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »

What Think says is true.  In game, everyone is an evil asshole out to get you.  Out of the game, we're generally a pretty amiable bunch.

See that's why I thought I would ask once the game was over. I mean I figured I couldn't take anybody at their word while playing, but after the game hopefully I can get an honest opinion. The really off setting bit was lordnincompoop calling me an idiot and a jackass, despite not being an active player in the game himself. It really makes one wonder about he's motives. But if you guys think I should stick around, I look forward to lynching you all next time.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2011, 08:07:53 pm »

LNCP... might have gone a little overboard. In his defense, some of your earlier posts didn't read too friendly either. I think he'll be friendlier once he can post again, though.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19