Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34273 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1 (Replace Requested)
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2011, 05:00:06 am »

Also, I'm voting Taricus because he's not doing anything, wheras Max, Okami and Seph seem to be actually trying.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:28 am »

Supercharazad, IronyOwl isn't playing. He is the DM, or what ever title you would give to who ever is in charge. I put he's name in red because I thought red was for getting attention, and the 'vote' keyword was to hammer. I am new guy, remember? I'm still taking noted on these things. Still, good to know that red is for vote. So that would mean that Okami No Rei is currently voting for major_sephiroth?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2011, 06:04:16 am »

Supercharazad, IronyOwl isn't playing. He is the DM, or what ever title you would give to who ever is in charge. I put he's name in red because I thought red was for getting attention, and the 'vote' keyword was to hammer. I am new guy, remember? I'm still taking noted on these things. Still, good to know that red is for vote. So that would mean that Okami No Rei is currently voting for major_sephiroth?

You use bold for attention.
Red is for vote.
Blue is for Finger of Suspicion.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1 (Replace Urgently Needed!)
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2011, 06:13:13 am »

Well just to make it 100% official, to remove all doubt about my stance towards you,Supercharazad, I think your a good player and making this game most enjoyable. I look forward to seeing how this all ends.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2011, 06:14:37 am »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 1 - Max White
Max White - 1 - major_sephiroth
Taricus - 1 - Supercharazad
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 1 - Okami No Rei

Taricus has requested a replacement.

Generally speaking, Name or Vote Name count as votes (on Name). Unvote or Unvote Name removes your vote. Removing your vote before voting someone else is often considered easier on the mod, but almost never mandatory.

Bold text is usually used to get someone's attention, including the mod. Blue text indicates that you suspect someone but aren't voting them. Neither has any in-game effect.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2011, 08:27:57 am »

I like to think of blue as equivelent to "You are on thin ice here, better have a good excuse..."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2011, 11:09:59 am »

I am back! Feeeeeeaaaaarrrr meeeeee!

Also, listen to what I have to say. It's important.

Regarding the Max White wagon: Be careful joining in. In LYLO, chances are high that scum night be manipulating you into voting, so think it through! Look at the other voters first, and the people you haven't suspected initially; they may be the true enemies!

So yea, if somebody gets two votes, might as well coup de grace and hammer them.

Never, never never ever vote anyone without actually suspecting them for being scum, good reasons of your own and most to all of it submitted along with the post.

Ever.

So, the weekend is over and Max still hasn't posted. (Let alone anyone else)

For blatant inactivity and general reluctance to answer questions, Vote Max White.

Next vote on Max hammers him. Bring alot of reasoning.

You need to bring more to the table, Major. That won't do for a Vote in Vengeful.

Additionally, lurking alone as a reason is a nulltell. You need to have something else to convict him.

At this point, I am lead to the belief that Supercharazad is scum. I am also suspicious of major_sephiroth, but not as much.

Why did you not bring your reasoning to the table earlier?

we aren't trying to figure out who is the least active, we are trying to figure out who is scum.

This is truth.

Attacking somebody because they aren't the most active player would be a great way for scum to convince a non-scum to vote another non-scum out.

This is WIFOM, people. Such circular reasoning is bad; though scum might use that as a lynch tactic, they might also see the obviousness of it and decide not to use the tactiv. They mgiht also see that people would think that they though that it was an obvious tactic, so they might use it, and so forth. Never, ever, ever base your votes by speculating on scum motives.

For using inactivity as a reason to accuse one of being scum, it makes it clear to me he isn't looking for scum, but rather trying to pick people off. Therefore he is scum.

See above. Never form a conclusion based on WIFOM.

Major_sephiroth might be following suit, or might also be scum. If I had to guess, Supercharazad is normal scum, and Major_sephiroth is godfather flavoured scum, but that is too speculative to vote on right now.  Supercharazad as scum is a very safe bet, however.

Again, WIFOM.

Ok, back. Might not have been the best time to sign up for the Mafia when I suddenly find myself with a lot of work on my hands, but that is no excuse. Also, forgive me for being a beginner in a beginners Mafia game.

This is not a Beginners' Mafia game. This is a game meant for those with slightly more experience than that to learn how to cope with the added difficulty of Vengeful.

And who the hell do you think you are?

If we lurkers have offended, think but this and, all is mender, that you have but slumbered here, while these posts did appear.

No. Fuck you. There is no excuse for lurking, and don't you dare think otherwise. You have a tangible commitment to this game, and my activity or inactivity should not figure into your participation at all.

More to come.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »

No. Fuck you. There is no excuse for lurking, and don't you dare think otherwise. You have a tangible commitment to this game, and my activity or inactivity should not figure into your participation at all.

That was actually some what awesome. Anyway!
Does anybody know anybody that might want to play that we could ask? Two townies can do nothing against two scum, apart from be deceived into hammering another townie. So we really do need a replacement to continue.

Lordnincompoop knows townies from scum, right? Can we hit him over the head with a phone book until he forgets?  :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2011, 04:43:51 pm »

LNCP is not aware of anyone's alignment. I had considered just shunting him into a player role, but he seems to be both busier and more experienced than I'd like for that.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »

Well he has still been more active then some of us, not pointing fingers, Max White. And with any luck this could end on day 1! from a mathematical point of view, there is a 20% chance to hammer the godfather, ending the game, and a 60% chance that somebody will be given a 25% chance to vengekill the godfather, for a total 35% chance for this to be over by means of townies winning? Then there is a 60% chance that a townie will be hammered and given a 50% chance to vengekill another townie, for a 25% chance for scum win, bringing a 60% chance that this will end on day one from these two outcomes.
Then what if a townie is killed and vengekills a scum who is not the godfather? We go down to two townies and one godfather, but then the godfather get he's Mafia kill, it becomes 1v1 and that is a scum win condition right? If it is, it takes the chances of this ending on day one from 60% to 75%, so it would be a wise bet to assume this will end at the first day. With any luck, we might be able to end the day soon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »

The scum have no NK, and only lose if the godfather is lynched, not vengekilled. Assuming completely random lynches, there's a 50% chance for the game to end on Day 1.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2011, 05:25:59 pm »

Ah, I see. Well that makes things a little more interesting, and changes the dynamic I thought we had. Regardless, I still eagerly await somebody to come fill the void, as it doesn't change enough.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2011, 12:57:13 am »

Don't have enough time or a proper response. Just going to say we should wait for Tari's replacement. If he was town, the scum can't get lynched unless they lynch themselves. I'll explain when I have more time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:38 am »

Because assuming that of the four active players, if two of them are scum (No way to prove undoubtedly that this is true, but a likely possibility) then if the scum do not vote for each other, there is no way the two townies can get majority. The scum would be more then willing to trick the townies into turning on each other though!
See, not so hard.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:06 am »

Hmm...

How about none of us vote until the replace? We can still scumhunt and such, but it's going to be a lot easier to play when we have a replace.

Anyone agree to suspend for a while?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19