Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34264 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2011, 05:43:48 pm »

Vote Supercharazad[\color]
No reasoning, and to top it off, it's an OMGUS.

Why Max? Explain, in great detail.

I think that's one of the reasons. I can't think of anything to say for this...
Almost anything will help the town out.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

Oh, missed that one.
Well, one has to wonder must wonder... If scum did notice such a post, would they not pay attention to it and try for two votes? There are two of them, and if they think I am going to vote for the first person to gather two votes, wouldn't they instantly team up to vote somebody out? It would make sense that is suddenly a pair jumped out of the woodwork ready to lynch, they would be scum. Although currently the only two votes together are against me, and I am not going to vote for myself, so we can assume they are either both too dumb to notice the chance, or two smart to notice it, we will never know.
Vote Supercharazad[\color]

Bullshit.
Indeed. Max White - In any other format you'd die with this post, but out of a morbid sense of curiosity I'd like to hear you try to explain this away before I drop the hammer.  So let's hear it.

And Unvote.  I don't have enough against Supercharazad to leave him open for hammering.

Oh, missed that one.
Well, one has to wonder must wonder... If scum did notice such a post, would they not pay attention to it and try for two votes? There are two of them, and if they think I am going to vote for the first person to gather two votes, wouldn't they instantly team up to vote somebody out? It would make sense that is suddenly a pair jumped out of the woodwork ready to lynch, they would be scum. Although currently the only two votes together are against me, and I am not going to vote for myself, so we can assume they are either both too dumb to notice the chance, or two smart to notice it, we will never know.
You need a primer on WiFoM and, perhaps, basic game theory.

For one thing, don't insult me.
Also, it's not called tunnelling, it's called the ability to create pressure.
Two counts of tunneling is a bad agrument. If I targeted two people, and the first wasn't lynched before I moved on, then it's obvious I wasn't tunneling the first one because then I wouldn't have moved onto the second.

Okami, You're calling me an active lurker? You're the one with a prod for inactivity.
Why the bad arguments, and why are you using them to back a vote?
Acceptable. 

Why bad arguments?  Because I don't have better ones.  Finding them is kinda the point of asking questions.
Why to back a vote?  To apply pressure.  It was a first vote, so I didn't feel like it needed flawless arguments as backing.

major_sephiroth - Also acceptable.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2011, 10:15:22 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 1 - Max White
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad, major_sephiroth
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 0

Stop lurking. If you're not sure if I'm talking to you, the answer's probably yes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1 (Replace Requested)
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2011, 10:24:12 pm »

Taricus has officially asked to be replaced. Needless to say, due to the small size of the game it's rather important we get this filled.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2011, 12:23:20 am »

At this point, I am lead to the belief that Supercharazad is scum. I am also suspicious of major_sephiroth, but not as much.

Supercharazad was first to really start getting vote happy for a level of inactivity, however, we aren't trying to figure out who is the least active, we are trying to figure out who is scum. Attacking somebody because they aren't the most active player would be a great way for scum to convince a non-scum to vote another non-scum out. For using inactivity as a reason to accuse one of being scum, it makes it clear to me he isn't looking for scum, but rather trying to pick people off. Therefore he is scum. Major_sephiroth might be following suit, or might also be scum. If I had to guess, Supercharazad is normal scum, and Major_sephiroth is godfather flavoured scum, but that is too speculative to vote on right now.  Supercharazad as scum is a very safe bet, however.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:03 am »

At this point, I am lead to the belief that Supercharazad is scum. I am also suspicious of major_sephiroth, but not as much.

Supercharazad was first to really start getting vote happy for a level of inactivity, however, we aren't trying to figure out who is the least active, we are trying to figure out who is scum. Attacking somebody because they aren't the most active player would be a great way for scum to convince a non-scum to vote another non-scum out. For using inactivity as a reason to accuse one of being scum, it makes it clear to me he isn't looking for scum, but rather trying to pick people off. Therefore he is scum. Major_sephiroth might be following suit, or might also be scum. If I had to guess, Supercharazad is normal scum, and Major_sephiroth is godfather flavoured scum, but that is too speculative to vote on right now.  Supercharazad as scum is a very safe bet, however.
More words does not mean more information. That is a jarbled mess, not a response.
Lurking is a scumtell - those who lurk are typically scum/busy/something else. Even if they are town - lurking does not help the town at all. Lurking is about the worst thing a townie can do.
Attacking someone who is lurking is meant to get them to participate and ask questions of people - as such, they usually become useful townies. You however, have only defended yourself and made half-baked arguements based in fantasyland. Make some cohesive arguements, not blobs of hopeless accusation.
Lastly, you've attacked me while completely ignoring my last post directed at you. Are you going to defend yourself, scum?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2011, 12:43:32 am »

The very fact that I am still alive is a testament to your scummy nature.  :P

Were either Taricus or Okami No Rei scum, they could have finished me with one fell swoop, and because there are two scum, and three to vote off, it wouldn't single them out as scum in any way. Both you and Supercharazad are scum, as Taricus and Okami No Rei aren't, and deduction demands it. Although what if one of them were acting very cunning and holding back just to be sure, waiting for the other to vote me off? Well that might be the case, but I doubt that both are scum and trying the exact same tactic, so safe to say at least one of either you or Supercharazad are scum. I'm feeling very sure about Supercharazad.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2011, 11:00:44 am »

The very fact that I am still alive is a testament to your scummy nature.  :P

No, it's a testament to the fact that someone doesn't want you hammered right now.

You also did not answer me question on why you voted me without a reason? You're only giving details LONG after the vote, which leads me to believe that you just wanted to do it to try and get a quick hammer on me.

Your vote was bullshit, your arguments are bullshit and, quite frankly, your credibility as town is bullshit.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2011, 06:20:30 pm »

what if one of them were acting very cunning and holding back just to be sure, waiting for the other to vote me off?
I doubt that both are scum and trying the exact same tactic
And with that, you've shattered all my doubts about your being Town.

If you are scum, you will have access to a scumchat.
Scum know each other, and have scumchat to communicate.  What you're proposing is ridiculous, but it's clearly founded in ignorance, not malice.

So, major_sephiroth,

More words does not mean more information. That is a jarbled mess, not a response.
You however, have only defended yourself and made half-baked arguements based in fantasyland. Make some cohesive arguements, not blobs of hopeless accusation.
It is indeed a response, and a somewhat less jarbled mess than his previous posts and the closest thing to a cohesive argument he's  produced yet.  He's still dropping WiFoM like candy, but, as I said, it looks more like ignorance than scumtells to me. 

In light of this, I've taken a closer look at your responses:
Fourthly, my hammer-opening vote is more justified now. Read on.
So, you're either scum yourself, trying to convince us otherwise by saying you would have bandwagoned me, just scum, town misleading the rest of the town, or stupid town.
None of these options lead you to being a helpful townie.

My vote stays.
This is all the justification you provide for that vote.  I think he's fallen in the stupid town camp, so now I'm looking at what passes for a bandwagon in Vengeful, and as the second vote, and the one that's been attacking relatively weakly, you're the more suspicious of the two.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:39 pm »

No, it's a testament to the fact that someone doesn't want you hammered right now.
Wrong! It is a testament to the fact that two people do not want me hammered right now. That leaves you and major_sephiroth. Townies would be more careful about there votes, because they have to make sure they do not kill other townies, while scum know each other, and can slaughter any townie should the chance come up. The fact that two people are trying to be careful, while two others are trying to hammer, shows who is scum and who is a townie. Your trying to hammer.

You also did not answer me question on why you voted me without a reason? You're only giving details LONG after the vote, which leads me to believe that you just wanted to do it to try and get a quick hammer on me.
You wanted details, so I gave you details. What do you want me to do, go back in time? There is nothing I can do about when, just give you long details on why, and that is what I did, and it is not good enough for you. Or maybe it is good enough, your just denying it because you are scum. If you keep trying to deface my claims, then maybe somebody else will come over and hammer me, and that is one less townie for you to worry about.

Your vote was bullshit, your arguments are bullshit and, quite frankly, your credibility as town is bullshit.
I beg to differ.

All you are trying to do Supercharazad, is try to convince one other townie that I must be scum because you say so. Both Taricus and Okami No Rei have shown they are not motivated to hammer for the sake of hammering, but you have proven to be willing to hammer. Scum.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2011, 01:25:55 am »

IronyOwl: You know, as much as I am really enjoying myself here, I think the dynamic of this game was built for five people on day one, so would it be a sin to drop out of activity until Taricus is replaced or feels like joining in again? I mean I am just am amateur, so do we do that sort of thing and wait for somebody, or will we struggle on and hope for a replacement? I am more then willing to continue with the current players, as we are really getting into a good bit, but mathematically it seems obscure any way you look at it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2011, 02:01:40 am »

IronyOwl: You know, as much as I am really enjoying myself here, I think the dynamic of this game was built for five people on day one, so would it be a sin to drop out of activity until Taricus is replaced or feels like joining in again? I mean I am just am amateur, so do we do that sort of thing and wait for somebody, or will we struggle on and hope for a replacement? I am more then willing to continue with the current players, as we are really getting into a good bit, but mathematically it seems obscure any way you look at it.
Bolding is the traditional way to get the mod's attention, but no matter.

Yes, having only 4/5 is a problem. I'm concerned the game might stagnate if we put it on hiatus, with nobody remembering what was going on when they got back, but the alternative is equally grim. I'm honestly not sure what to do about it.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2011, 03:12:38 am »

Wrong! It is a testament to the fact that two people do not want me hammered right now. That leaves you and major_sephiroth. Townies would be more careful about there votes, because they have to make sure they do not kill other townies, while scum know each other, and can slaughter any townie should the chance come up. The fact that two people are trying to be careful, while two others are trying to hammer, shows who is scum and who is a townie. Your trying to hammer.
Wrong, I am being careful with my vote, but you are obviously scum. You didn't even bother playing earlier, and when you voted me, you only gave reasons when pressed for them. Scumbukkit.

You wanted details, so I gave you details. What do you want me to do, go back in time? There is nothing I can do about when, just give you long details on why, and that is what I did, and it is not good enough for you. Or maybe it is good enough, your just denying it because you are scum. If you keep trying to deface my claims, then maybe somebody else will come over and hammer me, and that is one less townie for you to worry about.
Actually, yes, you could have given reasons for your vote BEFORE YOU VOTED. It was a blatant OMGUS, and now you are trying to cover it up. Scum.

I beg to differ.
Okay, you have a scumpartner, I think we knew there were two from the start, edjit. Not to mention scum.
All you are trying to do Supercharazad, is try to convince one other townie that I must be scum because you say so. Both Taricus and Okami No Rei have shown they are not motivated to hammer for the sake of hammering, but you have proven to be willing to hammer. Scum.
Except I havn't hammered anyone. An interesting thing is that you havn't been hammered yet, which means that:
Either me and Seph are scum or:
You and someone else is scum, and the other is just being passive.
You are scum.

Answers in Green

So, your so certain I;m scum... yet you vote someone else. As soon as your arguments die out, you stop voting me.
what if one of them were acting very cunning and holding back just to be sure, waiting for the other to vote me off?
I doubt that both are scum and trying the exact same tactic

And with that, you've shown yourself as a good candidate for his scumpartner.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2011, 03:21:07 am »

So, your so certain I;m scum... yet you vote someone else. As soon as your arguments die out, you stop voting me.

I'm sorry, what? I didn't change my vote. My hammer is aimed right at your head. My zeal to purge the village of scum, starting with you, has not changed, and if it is up to me, you will be the first to admit you are scum. I did not change my vote.

And with that, you've shown yourself as a good candidate for his scumpartner.
If only we were, you know, working together in any way? So far all he has done for me is not vote for me because he isn't vote happy scum like you and major_sephiroth. I mean yea, sure, he still might be scum, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, there is still a chance it is somehow a dog, but any reasonable man calls it a duck. Your walking and quacking like scum.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2011, 04:59:20 am »

I mean yea, sure, he still might be scum, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, there is still a chance it is somehow a dog, but any reasonable man calls it a duck. Your walking and quacking like scum.

The fuck?

And yes, you did change your vote, to Irony Owl.

So don't act like you didn't.

While we argue, scum isn't getting hunted, so let's stop arguing and start scumhunting.

unvote
Taricus: You're not posting. You don't have a replace yet, so please try and continue playing the game.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19