Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34215 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »

Max White: How would you go about finding a scum in a vengeful mafia?
I would see who is ignoring the most questions until they are pressed.  :P
But no, really. I would see who starts PMs first, don't trust them.

By PMs, do you mean Personal Messages?  Those are illegal in mafia.  Good way to get banned from playing.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2011, 03:17:26 am »

Supercharazad - Why are you tunneling Taricus?  You asked me one question, and you've been hounding him exclusively ever since.  Do you think he's scum?  If so, you do realize there are two of them, right?  Why aren't you trying to find the other one as well?  If not, why aren't you hunting for scum?

Probably because Taricus gets on my nerves a LOT. I'll try and start scumhunting, but I just really hate him, and my vote stays on him until I find someone scummier.

Actually, there IS someone scummier.

unvote
Max White: You have 3 posts in this game. 2 are answering questions, and 1 was useless.

Why are you lurking, and being passive, and not answering questions, ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2011, 06:28:47 am »

Mod, please prod Okami no Rei.

Supercharazard, start moving onto either another point or another player; you're losing sight of the big picture here.

This is a fun game so far. There was been a fight over a question that may or may not exist. Good start guys, you should be proud.

And who the hell do you think you are?

You've done absolutely fuck-all for the whole game. You're neither scumhunted, investigated, properly commented or even actually played the damn game. This is not a comment you're entitled to make at all.

In fact, you should be ashamed of yourself for playing like this. I expected better from someone like you.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2011, 07:07:41 am »

Supercharazard, start moving onto either another point or another player; you're losing sight of the big picture here.

I HAVE moved on to another player.

You've done absolutely fuck-all for the whole game. You're neither scumhunted, investigated, properly commented or even actually played the damn game. This is not a comment you're entitled to make at all.

That was my point too, the post is right above yours...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 0
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 1 - Okami No Rei

Mod, please prod Okami no Rei.
Hm? He's posted within the last 24 hours.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »

Max, start hunting for scum. Now.

If you don't actually press someone, I'm going to vote you, as you seem to be lurking far too much to be town.
Okay, so I checked the rules looking for special roles, and there is only the Godfather, who would lurk around, just like you are.
Explain why I shouldn't vote you, or yeah, I'll vote you.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2011, 05:47:16 pm »

Are my posts invisible or something?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 02:38:42 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 0
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0

Two days seems like long enough to warrant another votecount. Two posts does not. Hm...

In any case, the weekend is over, and with it your excuses for not posting. Once again, I'll remind you that "waiting for something to happen" is not a valid (town) strategy; you need to make it happen. You're a full fifth of the game, after all.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2011, 04:01:42 pm »

In any case, the weekend is over, and with it your excuses for not posting. Once again, I'll remind you that "waiting for something to happen" is not a valid (town) strategy; you need to make it happen. You're a full fifth of the game, after all.

It's also a lame scum strategy.  Winning because nobody tried is an empty victory.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:19 pm »

So, the weekend is over and Max still hasn't posted. (Let alone anyone else)

For blatant inactivity and general reluctance to answer questions, Vote Max White.

Next vote on Max hammers him. Bring alot of reasoning.

They can, but people would have to be dilligent with thier votes, lest the mafia get an easy hammer.

Okami, one, I'm here now. Two, why do you think Tari's being a blockhead?
He's new, poor at getting a clue, and doesn't perceive pressure.  That or he's a cat walking on a keyboard.

As far as I can see, you haven't asked him a question.
This is a fun game so far. There was been a fight over a question that may or may not exist. Good start guys, you should be proud.
The question definitely exists.  Super even linked it.  Why didn't you two go back and find it in the first place?  Laziness now isn't going to catch scum anytime soon.
First, your posts aren't invisible any more!
Second, a cat walking on a keyboard would be more helpful than he is right now.
Third, I did use the phrase "As far as I can see", I wasn't certain about it. I've found it now.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:16 pm »

Alright, Max, you're about to be lynched. You NEED TO START POSTING.

Taricus, I want you to know I'm still suspicious of you and that hasn't changed at all, but Max is sucmmier than you. You're going to get grilled tomorrow though, if Max doesn't speak up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 01:36:28 pm »

Why not grill him now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2011, 03:14:18 pm »

Why not grill him now?

Because, not much pressure exists when you know the vote won't go on you.
If I were to grill him now, he wouldn't really feel the pressure because my vote is elsewhere. Currently, I'm focusing on Max White, and waiting for a response from him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »

That is not true.

It's not as much pressure, sure, but you can get him talking- something this game is seriously lacking.  You need motion here, and waiting around won't do that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 0
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad, major_sephiroth
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0

Prods sent to Max White, Taricus, and Okami No Rei. Scum aren't going to catch themselves, guys.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19