Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34235 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Excellent. Now we just need one more, and an IC to act like one more while not having a vote and being immune to death.

Or just replace the last spot with a playing IC, but that might be too high a ratio and I'd expect them to not shut up on death anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take that last spot. Unless you prefer a playing IC, if one comes along.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Need an IC
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »

Great, now we just need that IC...

Come on, I know you're out there.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 01:26:05 am »

Sorry about the week-long delay. I have no doubt this will start eventually, but we can't really begin without an IC.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 08:47:03 am »

I don't think I'm nearly experienced enough, but I'd be willing to IC just to see the game begin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:18 pm »

I think you'd do fine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5, 1/1] - Please confirm interest!
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »

Works for me!

However, since we have had over a week-long delay, I'd like everyone who's signed up to confirm that they're still signed up, or let us know if not. I'll send out PMs in a moment.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 08:27:00 pm »

I'm still up for it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »

That's everyone. We'll begin shortly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5, 1/1] - Starting Soon
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

Day 1 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Supercharazad - 0
Max White - 0
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 0

The Freedom Rangers have long protected Earth from the vile threats of the universe. Being one yourself, you can't help but feel proud of what you've accomplished and what you stand for.

This makes it all the more shocking when, upon returning to your secret hideout after successfully defending the planet once again, you find it in ruins. Consoles spark uselessly, wiring hangs from the rent walls, and the fridge has been utterly ransacked. Whoever did this was dastardly indeed.

The horror only deepens upon realizing that your mentor, normally dispensing wisdom and advice from the glass tube in the middle of the room, has vanished. You find his robotic servant's broken body nearby. He was so cute too!

The light in his robotic eye flickers back to life, and for a moment you think everything might be okay. His broken, stuttering voice dispels that notion quickly.

"D-d-d-d-d-Dark Ranger, came and *tzzzzzzzz* disguised a-*tzzzzzzzz*-a-a-as one of y-y-y-y-you. C-c-c-c-controls d-d-d-d-d-d-Doppleganger, c-c-c-c-can't function w-w-w-without m-m-master. F-f-f-f-f-find Dark Ranger b-b-b-b-before too late."

With that, the light fades with a depressing powerdown noise, and you all look around in horror. One, no, two of you? Servants of evil masquerading as crusaders of justice?

You'll have to find them before it's too late. The Doppleganger can't function without a master; find the Dark Ranger, and you can end this in one go. Barring that, you'll have to hunt down both separately.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:15 am »

To infinity, and beyond!

Max White - Three votes to hammer.  A second vote is incredibly dangerous, but is it lynchworthy?

major_sephiroth - Can RVS and MyLo coexist?

50% chance I just voted scum.  I like those odds.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:30 am »

To infinity, and beyond!

Max White - Three votes to hammer.  A second vote is incredibly dangerous, but is it lynchworthy?

major_sephiroth - Can RVS and MyLo coexist?

50% chance I just voted scum.  I like those odds.

Wrong, It's a 40% chance actually.

Okami No Rei, why do you seem to want passiveness? Do you not want us to lynch each other?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 03:14:23 am »

Welcome to Beginners' Vengeful.

As IronyOwl has indicated, I am to be your guide and mentor this game.

So listen to what I have to tell you. If you ignore me, then you're working against the very purpose of me and this game. Don't do so.

In Vengeful, be very careful about placing your votes; even with one RV on somebody, this can result in a very bad ending for town as both scum quicklynch with their votes. And no, this won't be as obvious as you think.

So watch out. Okami is right in being cautious about voting, in my opinion. Scumpicks and eventual voting should come forth with much more thought than in a normal Mafia game.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 03:22:06 am »

Okay, I should probably have said a bit more:

I'm assuming that all of you have at least some experience with Mafia. That means that I will not gloss over basic game concepts, because I will expect you to know them.

Vengeful Mafia is a shorter and more intense variant of Mafia. This means that you are required to be very active - even as scum, and especially D1 - during the short period of time that there is to play.

If you are town, be careful about voting, and never trust anyone. Ever. Think extra hard about your suspects, and put in that extra little bit of effort just like LYLO. Because you only have one shot at this; the Vengekill is never something you should rely on.

If you are scum, pretend to be town as much as possible, and remember to protect your Godfather subtly. If that guy dies, you lose immediately. Remember also that if you die, you have no Vengekill to use, either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19