Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34202 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2011, 08:21:09 pm »

I'd like to wait for Okami and major to get a chance to post again before I consider that. The next post from major could convince me that my judgement was wrong and I shouldn't lynch him, and the next post from Okami will be fairly significant, as he's been out for a while.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »

Maybe I should vote off major for inactivity. It's always nice to follow through with the thread theme.  :P

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »

Hahaha... you are joking right. Please say you're joking.

As much as I'd love a 'lynch lurkers on sight' policy, there's only so much you can do about it, and it's as likely to pick off people who don't deserve it as people who do. The board used to have an attendance policy, but I think that fell into disuse.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »

If I were not joking, it would be day 2 by now. Anyway, I still think major is a townie, so why would I shoot myself in the foot by voting for him when he wants me out? If we vote out a tonwie on the first day, that is recoverable as long as they vengekill a mafia member, but right now, me voting for major would most likely be game ending.

Anyway, this is a rather tight game. Voting for any reason other than because you think they are scum is a risky act to say the least. What if you voted not because you thought they were scum, but just to apply some pressure, then you came back the next day to find two other people had also voted the same way and because of your vote, a townie was out? Maybe in larger games you are safer in doing this because you need more votes, and you can afford more losses, but not here.

Now, who has been vote happy just to 'apply pressure'? Could it be our friend Supercharazad? I dare say so!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2011, 03:32:58 am »

Now, who has been vote happy just to 'apply pressure'? Could it be our friend Supercharazad? I dare say so!

Nah, that guy had reasons. That Max White guy had reasons too, but they were bullshit.

Also, as yet another reason for voting him:

5: He's blackmailing the town by saying that if they vote him, we're more likely to lose:

Get rid of super, and we are one step closer to winning, get rid of me and I vengekill super, so at the cost of a life we are one step closer to winning. Killing either of us is doing the town a service, but one way you don't have to go 2v1 with a scum.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2011, 03:38:27 am »

No, I'm saying feel free to vote for me, because it brings us a slightly larger lead. I mean how do you manage to misinterpreted "Killing either of us is doing the town a service", bar trying to twist me words into something they are not? Kind of scummy. Although I am also saying we would be better off if I didn't have to get voted off to prove you are scum.
But from the perspective of somebody who is not one of us, it would seem that one of us would be scum, so assuming the townie was planning to vengekill the other, it is in the towns best interest that one of us is voted off, to assure the death of at least one scum, for that small lead. But killing you is better, because I am not scum.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2011, 03:41:06 am »

But killing you is better, because I am not scum.

It's funny, because I just addad a reason for voting you, and you did it again in the very next post.
Can someone please just vote one of us and end this? This whole thread is turning into me and Max White arguing, and once one is dead, the other dies too.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2011, 03:46:58 am »

You know, it is funny. I have sort of been saying that since page 11...
To all you townies out there, you might or might not believe me, however, I ask but one thing. You hammer either supercharazad or myself. If I get hammered, I plan to vengekill supercharazad, leaving 2 v 1

Hell, if we don't get something done soon, I will vote myself, just for the vengekill. Although it is possible that we are both townies, is seems very unlikely at this point, so somebody take a stand and make a vote. Nothing personal, just how the game has gone. You have all seen what both Supercharazad and I have said, so who is in for what?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:07 am »

NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO.

It is the goddamn weekend and you will not goddamn end the day when one of the players has clearly stated he cannot post until Monday.

More importantly, YOU WILL NOT HAMMER YOURSELF.

YOU WILL NOT HAMMER YOURSELF.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2011, 11:40:53 am »

YOU DO NOT VOTE YOURSELF IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2011, 12:07:44 pm »

YOU DO NOT VOTE YOURSELF IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

EVER

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2011, 12:08:27 pm »

Not even as a Jester? :V

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2011, 12:32:57 pm »

Except Jester, but it's a fairly mediocre tactic even then IMO.

Oh, and: You never convince anyone by saying "I am not scum". The best way to prove to others that you are Town is to act as such. Scumhunt ruthlessly and efficiently. Be paranoid. Be vigilant.

Think: You have one point against Max, which is his WIFOM and various vague accusals of behaviour on the side. A bit weak, don't you think?

Also, I'm not investigating other people, because I'm almost certain he's scum. When he's lynched, I'm going to look for someone who seems a bit different, and press them on it until we win.

There's very little discussion going on here. Why not seize this opportunity to get some other suspects?

Or are you too busy resting on the laurels with your little scumplan?

Point?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2011, 12:48:41 pm »

Which is why I don't suspect he's scum. I suspect Super and major as scum. major hasn't made much of a response to my initial post, and Super I still suspect for the reasons I gave to Okami, and for his continuing pressure on Max and weak attacks. My comment on wanting to hammer Max was because his 'plan' was extremely overcomplicated and I was trying to communicate the message that such an overwrought plan lined in WIFOM only makes me suspicious.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »

Major has dropped out of the game, it seems.

I'm very curious to see what he has to say about all this when he gets back.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19