Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34197 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [5/5] - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2011, 06:35:50 pm »

I actually thought they were more of a vendetta after not answering one of his questions.
Really?  That's certainly what they are at face value.  You haven't put any thought at all into whether or not they're something more sinister?

Alright, Max, you're about to be lynched.
The moment major hops on the bandwagon you're ready for heads to roll.  We're not in a hurry here.  Yes, he needs to post, but it's a bit early for the chopping block.  God forbid Taricus should hammer after seeing that, or is that what you were hoping for?

Why not grill him now?

Because, not much pressure exists when you know the vote won't go on you.
If I were to grill him now, he wouldn't really feel the pressure because my vote is elsewhere. Currently, I'm focusing on Max White, and waiting for a response from him.
Your entire case against him is that he's lurking and not answering questions.  Looks to me like you're voting him to get a free pass out of actual scumhunting.

Unvote

Supercharazad - You just admitted to tunneling Max.  That makes two counts of tunneling, plus you're using his absence to activelurk.  I smell a rat.  Are you one, or is that just your natural odor?

So, the weekend is over and Max still hasn't posted. (Let alone anyone else)

For blatant inactivity and general reluctance to answer questions, Vote Max White.

Next vote on Max hammers him. Bring alot of reasoning.
Certainly, a third vote merits more and finer reasoning than a second one, but that's not to say a second vote gets to be entirely devoid of it.  Your same points could be said of Taricus.  Why do you think this is enough to open Max up for hammering?

If you don't actually press someone, I'm going to vote you, as you seem to be lurking far too much to be town.
Okay, so I checked the rules looking for special roles, and there is only the Godfather, who would lurk around, just like you are.
Explain why I shouldn't vote you, or yeah, I'll vote you.
And don't point me towards this WIFOM as justification.   Lurking is a nulltell for Godfather.

Max White - <insert expletive laden plea to return>
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2011, 06:38:55 pm »

I didn't think there was an ulterior motive other than that...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2011, 11:21:21 pm »

Ok, back. Might not have been the best time to sign up for the Mafia when I suddenly find myself with a lot of work on my hands, but that is no excuse. Also, forgive me for being a beginner in a beginners Mafia game. The original plan was to see what people did, then apply a similar pattern for me own means, but I haven't had much of a chance to see how things exactly work before I got thrown in the deep end. Once again, you don't seem very interested.
And who the hell do you think you are?

If we lurkers have offended, think but this and, all is mender, that you have but slumbered here, while these posts did appear.

Max, start hunting for scum. Now.

If you don't actually press someone, I'm going to vote you, as you seem to be lurking far too much to be town.
Okay, so I checked the rules looking for special roles, and there is only the Godfather, who would lurk around, just like you are.

Well ok. I mean I was interested in seeing just how you hunt for scum. The tutorial guide was some what lacking in how. The plan was to watch, but so far the most observed pattern has been people attacking me for not being active, and as not many others are active, I don't see how I could do the same thing to somebody else.

Taricus: What do you think of Okami No Rei? Any chance he is scum?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 11:23:33 pm by Max White »
*AHEM*

-No editing of posts, for any reason.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2011, 11:40:05 pm »

Crap, sorry. Typo that I fixed up. No content was changed though.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:09 am »

Max White  - As long as you're back, would you care to turn your attentions to this post from a while back that you've been studiously ignoring...
If one sees reason to lynch, then perhaps it is that the second saw the same value that is attracting such a hammering? Could it be that these two understand something you do not? I saw that if somebody has two votes against there name, and you are reluctant to vote, it may not be the fault of the one being lynched, but you for missing something.

So yea, if somebody gets two votes, might as well coup de grace and hammer them.
I'm sorry, but that attitude just seems incredibly naive.  You're saying you'd willingly hammer anyone who gained two votes, and simply trust the reasoning of the voters without question?  If you're serious about that and assuming you're town, we're lucky scum haven't realized what you said, as the game would more than likely be over already, and they'd have a win.

Seriously, one could almost think major and Super are right about you.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:37 am »

Oh, missed that one.
Well, one has to wonder must wonder... If scum did notice such a post, would they not pay attention to it and try for two votes? There are two of them, and if they think I am going to vote for the first person to gather two votes, wouldn't they instantly team up to vote somebody out? It would make sense that is suddenly a pair jumped out of the woodwork ready to lynch, they would be scum. Although currently the only two votes together are against me, and I am not going to vote for myself, so we can assume they are either both too dumb to notice the chance, or two smart to notice it, we will never know.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2011, 11:40:19 am »

Oh, missed that one.
Well, one has to wonder must wonder... If scum did notice such a post, would they not pay attention to it and try for two votes? There are two of them, and if they think I am going to vote for the first person to gather two votes, wouldn't they instantly team up to vote somebody out? It would make sense that is suddenly a pair jumped out of the woodwork ready to lynch, they would be scum. Although currently the only two votes together are against me, and I am not going to vote for myself, so we can assume they are either both too dumb to notice the chance, or two smart to notice it, we will never know.

Max White: You have 3 posts in this game. 2 are answering questions, and 1 was useless.

Why are you lurking, and being passive, and not answering questions, ?

Answer.

Supercharazad - You just admitted to tunneling Max.  That makes two counts of tunneling, plus you're using his absence to activelurk.  I smell a rat.  Are you one, or is that just your natural odor?

For one thing, don't insult me.
Also, it's not called tunnelling, it's called the ability to create pressure.
Two counts of tunneling is a bad agrument. If I targeted two people, and the first wasn't lynched before I moved on, then it's obvious I wasn't tunneling the first one because then I wouldn't have moved onto the second.

Okami, You're calling me an active lurker? You're the one with a prod for inactivity.
Why the bad arguments, and why are you using them to back a vote?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

WARNING. WALL OF TEXT.
So, the weekend is over and Max still hasn't posted. (Let alone anyone else)

For blatant inactivity and general reluctance to answer questions, Vote Max White.

Next vote on Max hammers him. Bring alot of reasoning.
Certainly, a third vote merits more and finer reasoning than a second one, but that's not to say a second vote gets to be entirely devoid of it.  Your same points could be said of Taricus.  Why do you think this is enough to open Max up for hammering?

And don't point me towards this WIFOM as justification.   Lurking is a nulltell for Godfather.

Max White - <insert expletive laden plea to return>
First, hehe, natural odour.
Secondly, I already threatened him with my vote in that post you quoted - And he didn't respond to the threat, at least until I actually voted him.
And, while you've said lurking isn't a Godfather tell, it does seem to be a scumtell.
Thridly, while I could call Taricus on the same thing - he gave short, 'stupid' answers, where Max gave none. I daresay giving no answer is worse. I haven't forgotten about Taricus, I just find Max far more scummy.
Fourthly, my hammer-opening vote is more justified now. Read on.

Onto Max.
Ok, back. Might not have been the best time to sign up for the Mafia when I suddenly find myself with a lot of work on my hands, but that is no excuse. Also, forgive me for being a beginner in a beginners Mafia game. The original plan was to see what people did, then apply a similar pattern for me own means, but I haven't had much of a chance to see how things exactly work before I got thrown in the deep end. Once again, you don't seem very interested.
And who the hell do you think you are?

If we lurkers have offended, think but this and, all is mender, that you have but slumbered here, while these posts did appear.

Max, start hunting for scum. Now.

Well ok. I mean I was interested in seeing just how you hunt for scum. The tutorial guide was some what lacking in how. The plan was to watch, but so far the most observed pattern has been people attacking me for not being active, and as not many others are active, I don't see how I could do the same thing to somebody else.

Taricus: What do you think of Okami No Rei? Any chance he is scum?
First off, watch those sarcasm tags. While this is a beginners game, we're still out to win.  Instead of waiting to see how this mafia game developed, you could look at other topics and see how other guys do their stuff in the opening stages. It would have to be adjusted because this is a vengeful game, but it would give you an idea. Sitting back and watching is a GREAT way to be called scum. Scum.
Second, is that from a Midsummer Night's Dream? I know it's Shakespearian.
Third, make up your own how. That's what I did my first game. Then, you learn about what works and what doesn;t and you change it for your next game - and you end up with your own style.
Onto the not-so-nice:
Oh, missed that one.
So, you're either scum yourself, trying to convince us otherwise by saying you would have bandwagoned me, just scum, town misleading the rest of the town, or stupid town.
None of these options lead you to being a helpful townie.
Also, there's been plenty of votecounts, and it's been brought up in conversation - the scum would know the next vote would hammer you, and if you weren't one of them, they would have done it by now.

My vote stays.

Onto Superchar:
For one thing, don't insult me.
Okami, You're calling me an active lurker? You're the one with a prod for inactivity.
Let's keep the flame war out of here guys.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »

Okay, I'm just going to admit that mafia isn't really for me. Replace

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2011, 09:00:32 pm »

Votecount
Supercharazad - 1 - Max White
Max White - 1 - Supercharazad, major_sephiroth
Taricus - 0
Okami No Rei - 0
major_sephiroth - 1 - Okami No Rei

Okay, I'm just going to admit that mafia isn't really for me. Replace
Are you sure you just haven't really gotten into it yet? You haven't been playing much.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »

I think that's one of the reasons. I can't think of anything to say for this...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »

Well, there's a decent amount going on; some of it must look interesting to you. Ask questions about it- anything you think might get an interesting answer- and use it to try to figure out what everyone's up to. Even if your questions don't go anywhere immediately, they'll get other people talking, which helps you get inside their heads a little.

The other advice I'd give is to remember that fundamentally, the game is about other players. If you're not thinking in terms of what everyone else is like, you're not playing right.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

Vote Supercharazad[\color]

Bullshit.

Explain to me: Why did you OMGUS me?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19