Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hell Civ  (Read 2349 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Civ
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

If by appear you mean make them to spawn there, then yeah, I see no reason why it should be impossible. However it's impossible to force civilizations to have the "hell" as their living layer/biome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »

I am dissapoint.

Farewell, dreams of beseiging armies of Demons, who one could make peace with or die by the hand of, depending on how you play it.

Thinking about it tho, the problem would arise that if the Demons were on your map to begin with, they'd be friendly like any other civ you embark on top of.  And therefore would be immediately at war with anything else they might encounter down there.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 02:18:06 pm »

Not necessary. Toady could fix it by the time he makes hell civs possible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »

I am dissapoint.

Farewell, dreams of beseiging armies of Demons, who one could make peace with or die by the hand of, depending on how you play it.

Thinking about it tho, the problem would arise that if the Demons were on your map to begin with, they'd be friendly like any other civ you embark on top of.  And therefore would be immediately at war with anything else they might encounter down there.
you could just build them a home layer if you take an adventurer spawn them to the bottom of the embark site then swap over to fort mode.
granted you need some powerful demons to hold back the wild ones enough to build a nice fortress but that NUF "Hell Fortress"

oh and Civs in this version go crazy and attempt to murder you for embarking on top of them. though royals and a hand pick few don't attack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »

I am dissapoint.

Think on the bright side.  If we can't bring civilizations down to hell, we can bring hell up to the civilizations.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 07:44:52 pm »

I am dissapoint.

Think on the bright side.  If we can't bring civilizations down to hell, we can bring hell up to the civilizations.
Beard senses tingling, booze expanding...

MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:35 pm »

well I just proven my self that you could take an adventurer down to hell then swap over to fort mode... the thing is that due to the way to get to see every nook and cranny was to dig out a tile and well since slade can't be dug into this leads to a issue of only being only able to see as far as the adventurer can so make sure to bring logs and fend off the wild demon spawn enough to get past that hurdle.
as for the civ Issue I guess the scattering of members only effects the walkable tiles so If we just un reveal all but selected tiles(borrows would work nicely) then use langdon's retire trick we could control where the men spawn.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 2 [3]