Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hell Civ  (Read 2350 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Civ
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 09:04:41 pm »

Worldgen stopped at year 500, right on schedule.  6184 historical entities, which is pretty high for this generation.  I have high hopes that LegendsViewer will tell me something good.
This is going to be Fun!  :D

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:07 pm »

Exporting the xml file now.  Interesting note: there are 1000 unrecorded "Civilizations and Other Entities" reported in a world in which everything is supposed to be already revealed.  Those are probably camps and what-have-you... but that's much higher than I've ever seen without the Hell Demons.

UUUUUgh why do map files take so long to export in the current version.

LegendsViewer shows no less than 23 unknown entities, 10 of which must be the standard underground civs (which I modded the max number of), and the other 13 which are the Hell Demons.  Problem is, there is no information on them at all.  No foundation dates, no sites, nothing.

The Historical Entities, which were set to "do not cull" are equally silent.  There are the standard 2 demons which escape from hell and become leaders of certain civs, but not one more.  And their names do not match the naming scheme of a civilization with the Goblin language file.

Underground Regions was equally disappointing.  The only activities reported in the Underworld were the escaping of the above mentioned standard demons, NOTHING on the Hell Demons.  The usual Dwarves, Kobolds, and Drow can be seen adventuring in the darkness of the caverns, but other than that no activity in the Cavern layer, either.

Errorlog.txt is clean, no problems were thrown up in the generation of the world or it's loading into Legends mode.

I am going to go around with a super-powered Adventurer and see if RuneSmith shows anything in the deeps, then maybe try to dig down into hell with dfhack.  But I'm not hopeful.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:33:59 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »

Exporting the xml file now.  Interesting note: there are 1000 unrecorded "Civilizations and Other Entities" reported in a world in which everything is supposed to be already revealed.  Those are probably camps and what-have-you... but that's much higher than I've ever seen without the Hell Demons.

UUUUUgh why do map files take so long to export in the current version.
It might be the massive amounts of demon spawn in your world. Might be causing it to have excessive amounts of memory.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 09:47:14 pm »

Ooohkay.  Seems I may have been a bit premature.  After looking over the information in LegendsViewer I found a site which is VERY strange.  The following spoiler is unabridged, sans only pictures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't cut off the event log, rather it was empty.  Despite being involved in seemingly every war for the last 500 years, there was never an event recorded for this area.  The picture shows a cave.

The Legends xml file doesn't export everything, and LegendsViewer does not handle everything that it does export flawlessly.  But this is behavior I have NEVER seen.  All that has changed since last time is that I added the Hell Demons.

I know exactly where my adventurer must go, now.

It appears to me that a civilization of Dwarves has taken this cave over.  I also know who I must embark as.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 12:08:09 am »

I embarked as a Demon Outsider, just for teh luls.

Finally, after embarking across the entirety of the world (literally from edge to center), I have come across the cave.  I hear sounds of firebreathing from inside.

If the Dwarves took this cave, they didn't kill some kind of firebreathing monster that lives inside.

I have come across a Stone Dwarf Woodcutter.  So it appears the Dwarves did take this cave over.  She's friendly enough, and talks to me about all things Dwarfy... I guess I've killed enough things they hated on the way over to be considered a friend.

I come across a few more Dwarves, and a plethora of dead dogs.  I've never seen so many dead dogs!  Still the firebreathing continues to echo from deeper in.  It's apparent now, this is a cave that goes ALL the way down.

The Dwarves are friendly, I even got one to follow me... but the dogs have gone feral.  I think what has happened here is that the dogs were originally someone else's pets, and the Dwarves have just not gotten around to killing them until I got here.

After exploration I have discovered many dwarves living in the caverns, many dead things that they have fought and bested... and no sign whatsoever of Demons.  Runesmith tells me the standard DEMON_2 creatures are down there, somewhere.  Theres even an open magma pipe in this first layer of the cavern.  But none of this adventurer's Bretheren... nor Sisteren.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:23:40 am by Jeoshua »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:42 am »

maybe their hidden like the dwarven kings and can be only found by building?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:07:39 am »

I can imagine this conversation in hell.

General: TONIGHT, SOLDIERS, WE DINE IN HELL!

Soldier: That fancy restaurant around the corner? I've always wanted to go there!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:09:45 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 02:42:57 am »

This should be interesting. However, maybe yyou should have deleted all races except the demons. That should have worked.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 05:15:26 am »

I am not sure if LAYER_LINKED has something to do with UNDERGROUND_DEPTH.

If I understand it correctly, the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH only works for spawned wild creatures, and LAYER_LINKED has its own rules about camp placement.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 07:22:01 am »

sooo... any updates?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 07:39:27 am »

Sure.

I am failure.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:11 pm »

No.

If I understand it correctly, the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH only works for spawned wild creatures, and LAYER_LINKED has its own rules about camp placement.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »

It seems that one could make Demons appear in hell, but to give them any kind of civilization will not work as intended.  In my work, I could not find them in Legends or Adventurer mode, despite a few days of searching.
Pages: 1 [2] 3