Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breeding Beak Dogs  (Read 611 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breeding Beak Dogs
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:38 pm »

I captured some beak dog invaders, and modded them as tamable. I know they are still dangerous, so I pitted them after taming, in a room with some nest boxes, waited a long time but no eggs.

Am i doing something wrong here, or do I need to mod them as a non-egg layer to get them to breed?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Breeding Beak Dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:38:21 pm »

If they are tame, and have the [PET] token, then as soon as you put them in a room with nest boxes they should claim them and lay eggs.  Perhaps they're still hostile, having been invader mounts, and that's causing them to not claim the nest boxes?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:56:11 pm »

Thanks for clarifying what the should have done, i guess next time I'll try making them a non-egg layer for a generation or two, but i prefer not to have to change anything.

I actually just abandoned this fort because there was very little left to see. Got to hell, there was no candy or clowns in sight, not even one!, so i walled it off, and put a picnic table there. Also all the races seem to be extinct except goblins, so no more caravans, immigrants or anything. Just constant sieges of Goblins, Beak Dogs and Ogres.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »

Got to hell, there was no candy or clowns in sight, not even one!
??? Screenshot?
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:36:33 am »

I doubt you need a screenshot of an empty slade floor. I had to learn how to punch holes through SMR to get there though, that was more fun, but I was expecting some clowns to greet me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:39:08 am by Reelyanoob »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 02:53:51 am »

For the curious, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread turns out to be an account of the same phenomenon.