Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66047 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2012, 01:09:03 pm »

Universities don't do anything special

They do ONE thing special.

They are the only way to research things that cannot research themselves. Such as I think Parks.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2012, 08:20:11 pm »

Universities don't do anything special

They do ONE thing special.

They are the only way to research things that cannot research themselves. Such as I think Parks.

Parks have no reason to be researched though >_>

Anyways, I'm still open to people joining my empire if they want to. Just send me a PM here or on the Hazeron forums.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »

Yeah, most are required to get anything bigger than a gnat into space. Lessee, you need:

Mines
Farms
Wells
Electronics factories
Machine Shops
Plastic Factories
Refineries
Smelters
Computer Factories
And Power plants, I think.

Universities don't do anything special, but they do conglomerate your research so you can turn it off and on quicker, and change it much faster.
I think that mostly covers it except for spaceship factories themselves and hangars (or whatever they're called) if you want to repair your ships. Power plants can be improved I think, but electricity is always TL32 and you never NEED to improve them to build anything; it just makes them more efficient.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 25, 2012, 01:03:30 am »

Almost got it, Sensei. Hangers let you store ships, Aircraft Repair Shops are what allow you to fix them. Bear in mind that a repair shop cannot repair a ship above it's own TL.

You may also want Weaponsmith buildings, as they produce the heavy weapons that your ships will use.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:53 am »

Almost got it, Sensei. Hangers let you store ships, Aircraft Repair Shops are what allow you to fix them. Bear in mind that a repair shop cannot repair a ship above it's own TL.

You may also want Weaponsmith buildings, as they produce the heavy weapons that your ships will use.

Armorers are a good idea too, but it's not required. Higher TL armor is more effective than lower TL armor for its quality level though.

You should also research laser towers. higher TL makes laser towers have more range and damage.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 26, 2012, 11:05:24 am »

As far as I can remember(over a year ago since last playing), you can manually repair ships with TL1 tools and materials simply by hitting the wall with a hammer. Kinda like how you can repair a completely trashed mech in Gearhead with just duct tape.
Also note, that some buildings, like power plants, produce more(about 5% per TL) as they tech up. I think welfare buildings(church, park) increase the number of people they can serve, as well. Not really worthwhile, though.

Also, road research? When and why was that put in?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 26, 2012, 11:09:22 am »

So, what are the best empires to join (preferably Bay12)? Or should I make my own instead?
And can I join another empire with my custom race?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

So, what are the best empires to join (preferably Bay12)? Or should I make my own instead?
And can I join another empire with my custom race?

I would suggest joining Pax Vires, it's an empire I founded, but it isn't "mine" per se, but it's set as a monarchy because democracy is currently broken, or so I have been told.

I'll send you a PM on these forums with the join password. You could contact me on the Hazeron forums as well, my username is the same. Once we're both on at the same time, I'll set you up with some starter funds. I currently have a few other active players in my empire, so they can help you as well.

If you want to use your own species, you should start a new empire and make a request to join someone else's empire, or have them invite you to it.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 26, 2012, 11:00:12 pm »

Dictatorship works too. Personaly its the one i prefer exept when president goes awol then you can just ask the guy on the forum to switch president.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 26, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

The Orion Republic is accepting as well.

Bay 12 is kind of spread out over there, but it's not like the place has many douches anyway. Those all join with random abandoned empires and get banned as soon as Haxus gets on, which isn't quite as often as it needs to be for one mod.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 26, 2012, 11:31:37 pm »

To the pax vires gents, the empire im in currently (alamar empire) has been attempting to make contact with you guys.

Thought it was worth mentioning.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

To the pax vires gents, the empire im in currently (alamar empire) has been attempting to make contact with you guys.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Ah, yes, I remember you. I'd be glad to open up trade and whatnot, but I an still limited to my own solar system and a few nearby systems linked by wormhole. Once I get warp I'd be glad to meet up with you and do some trading.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:09 pm »

A friend and I recently came back to SoH and our empire magically avoided the decay death and was intact. If anyone wants to trade or anything, we can provide resources between tl16 and 27 depending on the type. We can also help new players get setup in nice spots.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 23, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »

Sadly the moving lag makes the game unplayable.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 23, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »

Well i tryed it few weeks back and got frustrated on the lag which i cant get over with never, and the stupid deaths coused by lag.
I think he fixed some of those bugs you mentioned so have fun slowmo gaming :)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41