Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66077 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2012, 11:47:59 am »

Thanks greatorder.  Hopefully we won't need it.  Looking down the list of other empires in their post, some are quite large (Crab Empire, particularly)...I'd be surprised if they're going after everyone on that list.

I've gone ahead and sent a PM; time to find out.

KG
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:56:17 am by kg333 »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:42 pm »

They have TL30 ships so you are likely better off running for it.  Thats probably what I should have done before they got some weak ass excuse to attack me, conquer me, and make the generous offer of 'letting me join their empire'.

e: I was playing recently due to some changes Haxus made which somewhat invalidated my complaints earlier in this thread.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »

They have TL30 ships so you are likely better off running for it.  Thats probably what I should have done before they got some weak ass excuse to attack me, conquer me, and make the generous offer of 'letting me join their empire'.

e: I was playing recently due to some changes Haxus made which somewhat invalidated my complaints earlier in this thread.

Were you in the Imperial Court?  I saw that thread about the Syndicate wiping them out...

KG

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2012, 04:42:51 pm »

I wish Hazeron let you leave behind nuclear surprises for the next person to land/orbit a planet.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2012, 04:47:52 pm »

You can still go for a Scorched Earth strategy by demolishing all structures just before you leave for new lands. Although you probably want to do this after you've established a new colony somewhere else in case something fucks up along the way.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:34 pm »

Yeah. Or convert everything into laser turrets and leave a skeleton crew behind that should last until they come to conquer you. The idea is to damage them too, not just wreck your own stuff!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 24, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »

They have TL30 ships so you are likely better off running for it.

Ships < People.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »

Well, even though I feel like I should know better, all this chatter has me wanting to get back into the game. Again. Decay changes pissed me off too much last time (which must have been my third or fourth run at it). Now decay is reset sector-wide, right? That doesn't sound so bad.

So, who wants me in their empire, or would berthaport me to found an empire near them?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 24, 2012, 05:41:17 pm »

Hmm... could one fill their inventory with C4/bombs/dynamite, put on a space suit, fly a fighter close to the enemy (only turrets can aim at you), bail out, detonate everything that looks expensive?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »

I wasn't aware satchel charges were working, actually.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »

We have a detonator button on the hail tab now, so I thought they were.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »

They are.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:13 pm »

Alright, decision time for the Duchy.

A message from their leader:
Quote from: Staines
Quote from: kg333
I am Gruuchik, second in command of the Kobold Duchy. I send greetings on behalf of the Viscount. We received your galaxy hail; you were seeking to contact us?
Indeed, I'm the President of Syndicate and I'd like to talk to you guys about the possibility of an alliance.

Kobold Duchy is one of the most active empires in the galaxy, and we believe it has potential to be a major player and top 10 empire. We are seeking to form a Coalition of small, active empires that are ambitious and upcoming to band together and... dislodge, certain large inactive empires form the ranking table.

It will be dangerous, but if you or your emperor are ambitious and up for it, let me know.

We can also supply your empire with tech and resources.

In a thread they made on the SoH forums:
Speaking from the position of a sector manager under Syndicate authority; if you remain active and communicative, you have nothing to fear from the Syndicate. We, along with pretty much any other empire, will take the opportunity to clean up long-inactive empires that are too close to our sectors for comfort, or present a good opportunity to train our newer members in warfare methods, but we have no interest in attacking anyone simply because they don't wish to join up with us.

I believe the previous SoH Hazeron empires burned out fairly quickly due to boredom (Might have been lag). A bit of war could mitigate that. On the other hand, declaring war on the established order might make our future empires slightly less popular.

So:
1) Ally them. War with the entrenched old empires. We'd get an experienced empire to trade with, advisers, and could probably get some high TL ships for the war effort. Shaking the galaxy up could be fun.
2) Politely decline. We build peacefully for a while longer and then die out.
3) Something else?

I'm leaning towards 1, if only because the only warfare aspect of Hazeron I've seen involved a late-night pre-emptive raid.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:31 pm »

A lot of the previous SoH empires didn't burn out due to boredom, but left because of (a) Haxus's actions, (b) the direction the game had been going, (c) war is not fun, in fact it is pretty damn agonizingly painfully boring, most of the time.

Of course, Hazeron is not an ordinary game. Haxus completely ignores most bugs and exploits, so in any total war, anyone who understands the game is at a significant advantage over anyone who does not. Hazeron, as a game system, has rules, but as Morpheus said in The Matrix, some of them can be bent. Others can be broken.

P.S. The current top empires, the UE, were recently getting their asses kicked back and forth by empireless (I think) individual(s) largely due to the above reason. I'm not sure if it's still going on or not.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »

Well it looks like I can't get in to to the game. Every time I create a character I spawn floating over a planet, unable to move and without a connection (judging by the chat). Solutions? Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Edit: And upon using an existing character or new empire, AUSceneClient crash.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:21:20 pm by Sensei »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41