Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66187 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »

Holy shit, idea. A mercenary nation you can join and do work for other people for. Unless declared war on, they are always neutral.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2011, 12:09:28 pm »

Yea something in those lines.
First i was fond of idea about being pirate but then...where you get the TL32 stuff on start?
Would be ass cool to just travel trough systems causing mayhem and eplore.
I think i just do that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »

Are tanks in? Or do APCs have working weapons?

Ship to ship combat is currently horribly broken due to the weapon bay nerf, however.
Please tell me they made it an exponential decrease for each additional unit. Because I was hoping for that. Makes it so multiple bay designations are actually useful, so the same number of weapon units split across two bays would be more effective than one big bay.

But the bomb update. Regarding the current state of my home internet connection, I'd like to quote a certain angel: "FFUUUUUUUUUUCK!"
The angel, by the way, is Panty.

Holy shit, idea. A mercenary nation you can join and do work for other people for. Unless declared war on, they are always neutral.
Didn't someone already try that? I think I remember a certain self-proclaimed pirate who hired himself out.

Was considering this but holy shit, the games graphics card demands are high for what it presents.
I've heard that those graphics are not final, and ship textures, at least, can be altered.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »

Are tanks in? Or do APCs have working weapons?

Ship to ship combat is currently horribly broken due to the weapon bay nerf, however.
Please tell me they made it an exponential decrease for each additional unit. Because I was hoping for that. Makes it so multiple bay designations are actually useful, so the same number of weapon units split across two bays would be more effective than one big bay.

Unfortunately no, it was a linear nerf.  Damages was cut from 50 to 10 damaged per unit, and weapons range was reduced by 1/10.

KG

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2011, 03:31:07 pm »

weapon bays already have diminishing returns on range for each weapon bay...however...weapon damage is strait added, armor is no longer invulnerability as well...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »

Was considering this but holy shit, the games graphics card demands are high for what it presents.

No, the graphics just don't update until the game receives further information on where everything is.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2011, 03:10:41 am »

Nghh.. the moving lagg is un bearable. i get like 1 fps per second when moving around.
Haxus aint gona fix that at all?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:28 am »

What are you using to measure it? I haven't really played since the bombs update due to bomb-induced lag, but prior to that I was getting 40-60 FPS when near graphics-efficient ships or no ships, or at worst 15 or 20 FPS (particularly when able to see multiple non-graphics-efficient ships, e.g. several triangle stack ships (or nearly able to see)).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:11 pm »

Nghh.. the moving lagg is un bearable. i get like 1 fps per second when moving around.
Haxus aint gona fix that at all?

If you're talking about the jumpy movement, that has to do with the netcode, not your graphics.  All movement commands are sent server side, and computed there, so if the server is busy (as is often the case), the movement sometimes gets ignored.  This is opposed to the method used by most games of calculating movement on both client and server and comparing the two, which can result in "rubberbanding" you'd recognize if you've played a laggy FPS lately.

I can't imagine that the netcode will stay in its present form, but Haxus has left it like that to minimize cheating for now IIRC.  The game is in alpha, after all.

KG

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:06 pm »

I know its not nothing to do with graphics.

The laggy movement and code the server is checking every movement is ridicilous.
It takes alot of patience to even move to place a to b and huge downer for players.
Afterall its has a first person view movement.
Anyways not coming back after this is fixed :(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:11 pm »

Anyone still play? I've been considering playing for a bit but I don't want to be too lonely.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2011, 05:35:49 pm »

I'd hold off for a little while. Warp drives and NPC pirates were recently added. While they make the galaxy a more active place, the servers are frequently crashing or rolling back, and more than one person has reported being unable to make characters.

On the other hand, the admin has recently acquired new servers and will be installing them in the new year. Hopefully performance will improve at that point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »

Wait, why have we not created a Dwarf civilization and conquered the universe? ???

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Wait, why have we not created a Dwarf civilization and conquered the universe? ???
1: I did. Lost interest when a bunch of strangers came in and ruined everything (next time, don't leave an open immigration policy!)
2: There are several, far more powerful civs.
3: The game barely runs as is, and early in a civ's life there isn't much need for more than one person.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2011, 10:20:09 pm »

I'd play, but it's (Mostly) unplayable:Yes, it renders starships,interiors of starships, creatures,buildings, tools,vehicles, and plants:Just not the ground of the planet,it just has my character on air with water several feet below(Even though my species are flyers, but still.).It's on the windows 7 included intel core,any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41