Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66151 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:55 pm »

I might be looking into this again. I'm looking at the changelog for the past couple of months, and it all looks good. I might even believe the reports of unlaggyness at this point.

A few questions: First, do the different module types do different things now? Like, a missile turret shoots missiles? Second, any new vehicles? *hopes for working tank/navy ships*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2011, 07:45:21 pm »

Currently, the developer is taking a break I believe (no info from him for several weeks, some confirmed reports of vacation/other from calling the company).  Unknown time for him to get back, guessing next month (with no real data). 
Until then, Limbo issues are stacking up, so its sort of dangerous to leave a working system to do anything.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2011, 06:29:08 am »

i called his office a few time and its not vacation it was business trip to fund the devlopement he is back working on the servers he just dont say anything on forum and ofcusing on dev and his job.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2011, 11:24:32 am »

I can't make new chars either... All I tried was Empires though...

Have we got a new Bay12 Games/Anti-PTMC/Starborn Dominion Reborn empire?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:59 am »

Just got a post from the lead dev: he has wrapped up business and is back to working on Hazeron: next stop, pathfinding algorithm lag!
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:15 pm »

Just got a post from the lead dev: he has wrapped up business and is back to working on Hazeron: next stop, pathfinding algorithm lag!

If that means walking will be lag-free, I will be soooo happy!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:31:05 pm by Xinvoker »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:54 pm »

If that means walking will be lag-free, I will be soooo happy!

It doesn't.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:13 pm »

It appears the main site is down.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:44 pm »

This morning the website was down but he was cleaning up the server. There was issues with szombie system and server now everything is working fine again.

Also while not being official B12 forum you are free to joiun my empire.

13th Tribe (BSG) As you can guess well Im trying to fit everything from name to cities into BSG theme ( Some cities arent using the theme im sorry about that its too late. )

My empire is set to open. Once a day i send a mail and if i dont get a confirmation you are to stay you may end up kicked. I dont like having a 200 player roster while i only have 20 playing. My current empire TL is 17ish so you can make decently sized ship. Also each citizen who need money i will gladly send a few milion to get you started.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:28 pm »

Site is back up, and Haxus is back(with good news). The servers? Down ::).

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »

What good news?
I can't find anything on the forum...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »

What good news?
I can't find anything on the forum...
According to his return post, he has more time to devote to developing Hazeron.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »

I think Haxus should just wipe everything, and create a galaxy half the size of the current one, since (when i played it) there were just so many systems that there wasnt much meaning to fighting to take a particular one other than for the hell of it. Would give people a reason to come back to it too.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2011, 08:52:49 pm »

What's the difference between Monarchy and Dictatorship? The Create New Empire screen shows the difference being that Monarchy's position assignments are voluntary(except succession to King), while in Dictatorship they are not. In the wiki, it says that succession without PM/CP is different, in that a new King is chosen by the people(election? First dibs?) while a new Emperor is chosen based on social standing(like Military promotion).

Is there any other differences? And any issues with Monarchy?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2011, 09:10:14 pm »

Hrm. Shores of Hazeron seems to be very similar to a concept which I've been toying with for quite some time now.

One thing I can't tell, though (it's not even listed on the FAQ) is if this is Windows only?  Games immediately get three strikes in my mind if they only support Windows.

As if I didn't need more distractions lately; this is actually helping incentivize my coding efforts.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41