Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66071 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 07:18:42 am »

Oh, woops. I kinda just looked at the top few empires and thought "If they arent in the top most powerful, they must have been removed from the list". This new vassal/member-empire thing still needs getting used to...

Myroc, you're welcome to join once I set up the empire, should be sometime this afternoon. Just need to figure out a name, flag, and get past the lag.

EDIT: Right, need a race too. I'll probably go with a flying race, it makes planetary management and movement much easier.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:23:31 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:08 am »

Wow, Tymas is winning.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 08:21:12 am »

The war is hardly over yet, but at this point we're pushing quite strongly. Myroc, you're free to locate an unclaimed area of space and colonize it as though it were your own empire, if you wish. However, if you prefer to help Poltifar that's fine. Just let me know.

If anyone is interested in combat, there's plenty going on in Tymas, whenever the servers aren't broken, breaking, or just angry at us for the load we're putting on them.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:21 am »

So if we want to help Tymas out, either by building/fighting, should we pm someone? is there a irc/forum?

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 09:15:02 am »

PM me, I run Tymas. There is a forum and IRC but I don't care to post them publicly.
Free Game List

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 09:38:20 am »

Posting here to keep track, if I get some free time I might join in again although I'm not sure how active I'd be.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

rastrum

• Bay Watcher
  • The Computer Is Your Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 10:02:34 am »

Posting to watch.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:46 am »

Alright, my empire is founded and already has a solid base for food and population, now its time to start on the industry. Myroc, I'll set the empire to open and PM you the name of the empire if you still want to join.

Also, can someone explain how all these vassal/sub-empire things work? What are the benefits, how to become one/get one, etc.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

rastrum

• Bay Watcher
  • The Computer Is Your Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:45 am »

Would you mind if I joined your empire? I find I have some spare time, and I wanted to get back into this.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 11:58:17 am »

Alright, my empire is founded and already has a solid base for food and population, now its time to start on the industry. Myroc, I'll set the empire to open and PM you the name of the empire if you still want to join.

Also, can someone explain how all these vassal/sub-empire things work? What are the benefits, how to become one/get one, etc.

Be careful with open empires.

An empire can become the vassal of another by hitting the vassal button. The empire that is in charge of the vassal empire will receive a % of the vassal's income every tribute cycle (once a day roughly), the % is set when the vassal button is clicked. Allies work like vassals, except with no tribute amount. In both cases, the ally/vassal aid the head empire's scores.
Free Game List

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:52 pm »

If it helps any, my graphics card (Nvidia GTS 250) only supports up to openGL 3.0 and hazeron runs fine.

So the 3.3 opengl requirement appears to be incorrect.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:59:01 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »

I've been messing around with SoH for the past couple days and forgot how entertaining it could be (when it worked).

Mind if I join your empire as well, Poltifar? I really enjoy building fledgling empires, and I'd rather do it with a couple other people around.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 07:40:11 pm »

If it helps any, my graphics card (Nvidia GTS 250) only supports up to openGL 3.0 and hazeron runs fine.

So the 3.3 opengl requirement appears to be incorrect.

According to Wikipedia, the GTS 250 supports OpenGL 3.3. (And it has said that as far back as when I went through their card comparisons data to make these lists, and put it in the list of cards that should work because they were listed as having OpenGL 3.3 support)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:42:24 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »

Man, I'd get back to playing this if I didn't have to building stuff and click on "Work" TILE BY TILE.

Seriously, I love to build, and I just can't stand to build a whole solar system like this..after my 4th colony I'm already willing to give up on the game altogether.

If they made this different or made a NanoBuilders Control Building in which you could build, stand in, and them build remotely on other tiles, I'd love it and all..

But I do hope creodor and Tymas win, so I'll keep track here and will always wish our guys the best on this war gyahaha!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 12:31:01 am »

Gabeux, you always sucked at colony building :P

I personally only did the tile by tile bit for the first couple buildings until I get a population, after that I just build a bunch of stuff and let the workers build it - unless it's something that is needed immediately. Since I first started playing SoH, I've built up probably 100 planets. Probably 15 or so of those were full fledged worlds with thousands of people and starship building capability, the rest being resource colonies for them. If I had been clicking work tile by tile building every single structure I created, I would have been driven insane with tedium.

I've been thinking of getting back into this. If I do, I suppose I'd probably want to join Tymas. No guarantees that I'd stick around though, the lag drove me off last time.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41