Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66084 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:17 am »

The air is on one of the colonies, not the homeworld. And since it's an outer world with an average wind speed of 63mph or so, wind power should suffice.
Wind power works best on frigid worlds. Wind is usually over 200mph, outpowering nuclear plants, I think. People have (reportedly) launched sailboats into orbit with that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »

The air is on one of the colonies, not the homeworld. And since it's an outer world with an average wind speed of 63mph or so, wind power should suffice.
Wind power works best on frigid worlds. Wind is usually over 200mph, outpowering nuclear plants, I think. People have (reportedly) launched sailboats into orbit with that.
The outer colony is not gonna be very big, thankfully. Mostly producing high quality air, fish, and stone for construction.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:48 pm »

The kobolds now have plenty of iotubes and heatsinks, if anyone in the Duchy was waiting for those.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2012, 06:32:16 pm »

I sort of was. Without them I was stuck in a box ship.

Thanks.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2012, 08:32:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:53:22 pm by Bronimin »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 22, 2012, 07:17:07 am »

Can I join the Kobold Duchy? It's boring to run an empire alone.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 22, 2012, 03:28:25 pm »

Can I join the Kobold Duchy? It's boring to run an empire alone.
The more the merrier. Password PMed.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 22, 2012, 03:32:41 pm »

Got the password. I'm make a character a little later.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 23, 2012, 12:03:21 am »

So on that topic, Could I also join? The character would be an alt, though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 23, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

When I make a character, it spawns in orbit. When I log out and try to log in again, it just stays on the warp loading thing. It runs fine on my other character.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:03 am »

Finally teched up to the point that I can harvest cryozine. Currently have my frigid colony gathering as quickly as possible, though it takes a very long time to fetch. Doesn't matter much, as I failed to realize that most of my shipbuilding industries are stuck at TL3 and thus I can't build my next model of ship or spaceport  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 23, 2012, 01:07:41 am »

Yeah, my character in the kobold duchy is stuck in limbo... sorry I haven't been on the last couple of days... I can't even seem to make a new alt to get on there to ask for help.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:38 am »

Yeah, my character in the kobold duchy is stuck in limbo... sorry I haven't been on the last couple of days... I can't even seem to make a new alt to get on there to ask for help.
There's a thread on the Shores of Hazeron forums for exactly that purpose, fortunately.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2012, 11:32:04 am »

Huh.  We've attracted the attention of the Stellar Syndicate:  http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4202

I've contacted them to see what it's about.  Holding off for now on that.  Thoughts?

KG

EDIT: Crap, this is a problem...I thought the name Staines seemed familiar.  Back before I quit last, he sent me this message:

Hey

Me and about 8 friends might be looking for an empire.

We'd make one ourselves, but we figure if we join and already established one we'd double its population, making it a serious contender on the Galactic stage.

We've played before as our own empire, we rose though the empire stats fairly fast and were cranking out TL15 ships after 6 weeks on our own, with about 5 sectors under our control, so we're decent at playing. We stopped because we spawned too far away from anyone for the game to be interesting beyond the economic aspects.

So what are we looking for?

We're looking for a pretty aggressive empire that is more concerned with wiping out inferior Empires and taking what we need, rather than maintaining galactic peace. We're looking for an active Empire with active players, so aren't afraid to trim the fat and decay from their empires to move into a new golden age.

We'll each fly out and find systems with QL225 resources, producing an abundance and making them available for trade in the Empire, with the express purpose of enabling us to build high TL ships to use in warfare.

An Enemy empire has a source of QL255 Oil? - good bye enemy empire, your worlds belong to us now. Teach us to fight and we'll fight. We need enemies. We want to cause some controversy, some drama, and generate some infamy.

So, if you think your Empire is suitable, please contact me and we'll talk over Steam.

- Staines

I can't pull up the galaxy viewer here; could someone check where they are relative to us?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:38:11 am by kg333 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2012, 11:38:07 am »

The Syndicate, huh?

Secure you Fitz deposits? Maybe one of their agents will feel sympathy, turn traitor, and you'll elect him Supreme Overlord to manage your defense singlehandedly.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41