Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66111 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2011, 05:42:02 am »

What's this about a plague?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:58 pm »

What's this about a plague?

There was a new "feature" where your cities had epidemics, vermin, and food poisoning, but it looks like it was removed now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2011, 01:12:17 am »

ouch.
well, timmy-moore should have his comp fixed by now, so... hope he gets on soon. And makes our own empire a bit bigger  ::)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2011, 03:05:52 pm »

nothing new happening? i own 8 cities and 3 sectors
i like goats

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2011, 03:57:02 pm »

Other than the main dev finally getting done with business side stuff (and some various horrid bugs from diseases and other stuff) so he can work on game some more...

And a few sneaky people figuring out they can get past the dev's 'I dont want donations' issue by buying gravity well (aside, discussed in IRC)...

And the galactic war simmering down to just confrontations between Poofland and Tymas....

.... and me trying to sell a Superharvester for 5 billion of worthless credits....

not too much, yet.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2011, 04:22:08 pm »

I'm trying to download this game. Is ridiculously slow DL rates of something like 10 kb/s a norm?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »

Today appears to be superlag day.  For the site, and the game.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2011, 04:15:25 pm »

This game is pretty awesome. I've played for a day and my city has a population of over 500. Still haven't gotten off my homeworld though (which is actually a moon orbiting a gas giant).
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

Anyone still playing? Almost necroing this thread, hahah

I see new stuff there, didn't see the modules etc...that's nice.
The game is still very laggy for me, but I actually stopped playing due to building cities being so boring.
Now they've implemented the "build-adjacent-roads-without-actually-building" so I'm pretty happy with it.

Anyway, my empire's name is Terraria if anyone wanna be allies, need help, etc.

Naxza and Paul, are you still here? :)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2011, 06:16:44 pm »

I joined Tymas, but have been on hiatus since Terraria came out. The constant diseases, infestations, and so on, have made colony management too much of a hassle to bother (in addition to colonizing already being slow and boring and in no way automatable).

If Haxus ever implements some means of preventing them permanently, and a way to colonize without having to waste several hours building each colony, I'll be quite a bit happier with the game, but if not, I don't see coming back any time soon.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »

I was thinking of getting back into it, but I must have came back on a bad day because all I found was an endless fount of lag and gave up on it again.

People told me the heavy lag was unusual at the time, but meh. I think I played too much during lag and got burnt out on the game of lag.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2011, 10:38:50 pm »

Nice, it would be awesome to play with your guys again. I still have my character from the Starborn era :D

Also I've been reading the diplomacy threads and people is treating Tymas as if they were PTMC, "back in the day"..however I didn't see what Tymas do to deserve this treatment? Did you guys turned into PTMC-like-characters? I'm confused.

I'll always be on the not-retarded side of the force, and PTMC always blew away all my beliefs on 'limits of retardation'. I've never met anyone so arrogant and dumb like them.
Also I'm not raging or anything, I'm just commenting on the FACT that they ARE retarded.. hahaha

--
By the way, apparently I just lost 2 days of gameplay by trying to switch my empire to another char, now I've lost everything I did ahahah
Life's Cruel.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:12:36 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lately, some Tymas members have basically been complete jackasses, and some people are pissed. Plus, Tymas was involved in a number of scandals, such as recreating a pirate, or creating a duplicate empire to ignite war between two large empires that Tymas was competing with for the top. Of course, someone forgot to check all their members, and did not know that one would leak all of that info...

Hmm didn't know about that. I've talked to Ikkir in-game so he updated me a bit on what happened these last few months.
I'm still not sure if I want to participate in a war like this, because I'm pretty much "A good guy" that plays defensively and only go against griefers and retarded arrogant people.

If some kind of PTMC/old-evil-guys-resistance comes back I'd gladly join Tymas and help as I can, but for now I'll keep developing my own empire and learning what's new on the game, and also finally getting good on colony building. heh.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:41 am »

Ah, Shores of Hazeron. I come back to this game every few months, see that walking still feels like a slideshow, and quit again. I put up with the ridiculous lag the first time I played, for about a month, but then I got burnt out on it. I really don't understand why the lag is not #1 priority, it just sucks all the fun out of the game :(

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:11 pm »

Im gonna try this game out again... Some of the updates sound cool!

Whats this about modular ships? I always wanted that!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41