Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 533401 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #5535 on: May 08, 2021, 05:44:13 pm »

Coyote Run - The Tiger

I wanna call it... aboriginal Celtic-rock fusion? Featuring lyrics from a William Blake poem?
Whatever it is, it belongs here.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: May 08, 2021, 08:29:52 pm »

This is for Mother's Day - and it isn't The Day It Fell Apart, this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr3P-omPPMs
For my mom, the Christian hedge witch <3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: May 09, 2021, 09:45:27 pm »

I have been listening to stoner rock lately and i had never heard of it until i was browsing random music and i saw it and i don't know what it is about it but i really really like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJZYCL07cRU
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:47 pm »

My neighbor sings and plays guitar in a stoner rock band. I hear stoner rock every day haha.
They're pretty famous in Brasil, somewhat less well known, but still popular over here in their own country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__B7O68vS0
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: May 19, 2021, 05:46:51 am »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: May 19, 2021, 12:27:48 pm »

Some more deep bass. Dub Techno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUH-rWmb5y8
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: May 27, 2021, 05:22:18 pm »

I like my music like I like my industrial accidents: Noisy, deathless, and with a non-zero chance of property damage.

... Black Mamba, by Ghastly. Tags itself as EDM. Haven't looked into anything else they've done, yet, but I'll get around to it sooner or later.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: May 28, 2021, 03:26:22 am »

Twin Fantasy (2018) by Car Seat Headrest

Another full album I'm revisiting. I realized that this album spoke to me (and still does), and as my own mental state improved over time, the parts that resonated most with me were later and later in the album. I only really started listening to this album in late 2019.

If you asked me in early 2020, I would've said Beach Life-in-Death and Sober To Death (tracks 2 and 4) were the best songs. They didn't exactly represent a particularly sane mind, which was exactly my predicament. Lockdown happened, and it was kinda a shitshow for me back then.

Around mid-2020, I loved Nervous Young Inhumans and Cute Thing (BTW, the synth solos in that song are still A+) most. Those would be tracks 5 and 7. I can't remember this time very well, but I did remember fighting my mind quite a bit. I think I scrubbed most memories of that time because that mindset of "fighting" myself is simply anathema to me now. It no longer represents who I am. The second song modeled quite closely how medication made me feel. Very happy, ecstatic even, but utterly incapable of thinking.

But now, as I revisit this in mid-2021, I found myself really feeling Famous Prophets (Stars) on a spiritual level. That's the second-to-last track. Sometimes I just fire up this song alone, ignoring all the ones before and after. It just has this sense of finality to it, which I suppose reflects how I feel about my own mental state now. It's over. The saga is over. That was 5 long years, 2016 to 2021, yet it's more-or-less over. Huh. I've thought that it was over many times before, so I could be wrong, but each time, it's even more "over", if that makes sense.

I think my greatest compliment to this album is that I can fit my own narrative on top of it. I've been ignoring the relationship stuff in this the whole time, and it still makes sense to me. They stand together as great songs, and you don't have to even care about the context behind them to say that they are. It's the sheer emotion in all of these. It's good shit.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:46:20 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

woodsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: June 09, 2021, 03:49:53 pm »

My neighbor sings and plays guitar in a stoner rock band. I hear stoner rock every day haha.
They're pretty famous in Brasil, somewhat less well known, but still popular over here in their own country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__B7O68vS0
Damn, you have some cool neighbors. I just got into stoner rock last year. That's really good, I especially like the instrument stuff, not so much the singing, but they make music without that lyrics too. :)

I've been listening to Jarrad Wrights music after finishing watching his crazy animated show.

Also I recently found a radio station that plays acoustic guitar only which fits very well to Dwarf Fortress IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:58:42 pm by woodsmoke »

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: June 10, 2021, 05:22:12 pm »

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:33:58 pm by hedgerow »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: June 10, 2021, 08:30:48 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRzR63adPo

AND HE PRAYS
Omigods do I pray! I pray every single day - for revolution!

Edit: Oh gosh.  Well.  It is an important song to me, particularly with the twist.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 04:29:00 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: June 11, 2021, 06:14:28 am »

Go A - ШУМ

Proof that Eurovision can shine a spotlight on brilliant music from time to time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 386