Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 530785 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4200 on: September 02, 2016, 07:26:23 am »

I've been listening to Modest Mouse pretty much exclusively for the past several months and I have to say that Dramamine is a bloody great song. Teeth Like God's Shoeshine is also amazing.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4201 on: September 02, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »

The Witcher 3 OST is awesome in general. I've seen a translated version of this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMB92nmbGxk

Ladies of the Woods is another favorite, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiyOajnJnTg

My two personal favorites are two tracks which are not part of the "official OST" because they're dynamic:

Forefather's Eve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtXx_8c4Wg

And (my overall favorite) the combat theme for White Orchad and Kaer Morhen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1x-wJlbf3g
Most (I'd like to say all but I think one or two aren't, not sure) of the songs from OST were made by Percival (the "traditional" branch of Percival Schuttenbach... they named their band after an character from Witcher saga, it's all connected :P) years ago and only got a bit edited, the dynamic ones are usually made specifically for the game.
They're either actual ethnic Slavic music (I'd say 50-50 when it comes whether it's original Pagan or later Christianized versions) or based (you can see it straying from "originals" especially in the ones made for game) on it. Funilly enough the official classification is folk metal despite that sometimes their songs are literally just recorded versions of what existed for hundreds of years. They even perform those on period-accurate instruments on various Slavic Festivals and stuff...
Yeah, say what you want but back then we had the best music.

I am still waiting for the newest album of Percival. They already made East Slavs and Southern Slavs, now they're doing Western Slavs which means Poland.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:59:51 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: September 02, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: September 04, 2016, 06:31:56 am »

Ah, Blind Guardian live...nothing more moving than standing in that crowd.
Gods, yes. Hansi's the best at getting a crowd engaged that I've ever seen, the way he can create that magical atmosphere is like nothing else. Remember that one live performance of Valhalla where the crowd kept going for like three minutes after the song ended with no prompting and they just went along with it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: September 04, 2016, 08:09:56 am »

That was Wacken 2012-13? I remember one at wacken were i was and we continued like 15 minutes after they had already left hte stage and then groups gathered on the way back to the tents and just continued until we went hoarse.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: September 04, 2016, 09:11:03 am »

Might have been, I don't remember where I got the recording from.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4207 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »

So you know that feeling where you, late in the evening, find a music so great that you don't want to go to bed because you'd have to stop listening to it (... barring the fact that some of you can fall asleep with sounds in your ears)? Well, i just had that feeling. Best part is that this musician has made all the albums free for download. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: September 08, 2016, 06:31:31 pm »

So I looked Monstercat up today because somebody on the internet said something like "Anything released on Monstercat is for scrubs with no taste"

So naturally I was a little curious

You now witness an important step on my journey of self-discovery

I am a scrub with no taste

And I love every fucking second of it
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4209 on: September 09, 2016, 12:49:12 am »

So I looked Monstercat up today because somebody on the internet said something like "Anything released on Monstercat is for scrubs with no taste"

So naturally I was a little curious

You now witness an important step on my journey of self-discovery

I am a scrub with no taste

And I love every fucking second of it
There's plenty of good stuff on Monstercat.

E: And yeah I just actually listened to that song and it's pretty great.

https://soundcloud.com/tofuku/taipei
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:51:33 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:40:43 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:24 pm »

So when I'm undecided on what I want to listen to, I turn to this numbered list of artists/bands and let RANDOM.org choose what I listen to. Anyone got anything to add to this list?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:15 pm »

do the same but let random.org decide the post number in this thread

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4214 on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:57 pm »

It's all fun and games until you stumble upon Bulgarian NSBM.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 386