Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 460986 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #2610 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure I posted this before (and Twi said it didn't count :P), but have a sci-fi vocaloid for kinda-reference.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:38 pm »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 16, 2013, 09:52:32 pm »

I'm pretty sure I posted this before (and Twi said it didn't count :P), but have a sci-fi vocaloid for kinda-reference.
Sci-fi music video is not sci-fi music. :P
Heh. It' working. :v
:V

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:36 am »

So the question is this: can you find a vocaloid singing Filk music? :D

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: March 17, 2013, 08:03:35 am »

So the question is this: can you find a vocaloid singing Filk music? :D

Yeah pretty much~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: March 17, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: March 17, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

I haven't gotten tired of Budgie's Breadfan yet. Brutal Legend may not have the best gameplay ever but I'm glad I picked it up because it introduced me to a bunch of songs/artists I probably wouldn't have run into, not being into the music scene very much.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 17, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »

How about a couple of bands I narrowly missed out on seeing, ever.

Pure Reason Revolution - Apogee / Requiem for the Lovers
I only got into these guys after their final album had been released. I tried to get along to a few of their London gigs but the dates and money never lined up right. Then they split up.

Great sound, from the 'new prog' (AKA, post-Radiohead) school with really fun male/female vocals. Their first album is probably the most interesting, here in full.

This one sucked even more;
Oceansize - Unfamiliar
I actually got to one of their gigs... only for it to be cancelled while in the line outside. Apparently they were supposed to offer everyone tickets to another date in Manchester but I never got the email. As it turns out, that was their final tour.

Another new prog type, but with a more post-rock edge (most obviously on Ornament/The Last Wrongs, which is simply beautiful and beats most straight post-rock bands at their own game).

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: March 17, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »

Heard this on the radio a couple times, I just now found it. It's cool. Death Cab for Cutie-Where Soul Meets Body

Speaking of Radiohead, I heard Creep by Radiohead on the radio the other night, I never realized there was the heavier version with distorted guitar. all I had heard previously was the acoustic guitar one on youtube, with the people listening to the song in the library in a music video or something.

Heard Spiderwebs by No Doubt the other day on the radio as well. I love the guitar squealies in it, now I want to hear a remix of this in extreme brutal metal/metalcore with heavily distorted guitars. Heck, I might try to learn this on guitar just to do it.

So somebody took an avant-garde ambiance guitar piece made by a guy who wears a KFC bucket on his head and turned it into a pure piano piece. It's beautiful.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:34 pm »

Anyone wishing to learn how to fly may refer to this song for guidance :D
I knew that was Foo Fighters before I even clicked the link. Hellz yeah, rock the Foo! *high fives*

I could post a bunch of foo fighters songs now, but there's too many good ones.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:40 pm »

I disagree. While Foo Fighters is a good band, I don't find them particularly great. Their vocalist is no special talent, and their songs are not quite melodic enough for my tastes. Of their albums, I feel Silence, Echoes, Patience, and Grace is the best.
To illustrate my point, have some Shinedown, (other link) which I feel serves as a good contemporary.
(The third link is actually a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, but of the covers of it, Shinedown's is my favorite.)
((These are generally more acoustic Shinedown songs. You can find less acoustic songs too, go check them out if you wish.))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 19, 2013, 03:46:19 am »

David Bowie (pedophilic king of the goblins!) - Dance Magic Dance
So, boys and girls, don't let those snatchers take your dwarf children away, or the poor dwarflets will have to endure the wrath of Bowie, lord of evil!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 19, 2013, 06:55:23 am »

I disagree. While Foo Fighters is a good band, I don't find them particularly great. Their vocalist is no special talent, and their songs are not quite melodic enough for my tastes. Of their albums, I feel Silence, Echoes, Patience, and Grace is the best.
That's, like, your opinion man. Shinedown is cool too though. Apparently I've been listening to them for a while on the radio and never realized. I can agree that Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace is a good album though. Dave Grohl's done a bunch of stuff though, playing drums for Nirvana and Them Crooked Vultures and writing songs, playing guitar, and singing for FF. I wouldn't say he has no special talent.

As for musiks, Buckethead playing Whiribird live and in HD.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:23 am »

Oh hey, look what I just found.
'It's little inferno just for me'

It's not like you needed to sleep...
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 385