Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 460934 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #2430 on: November 26, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »

Why has this not been posted? Well, at least not that a search could tell. Anyway. Now it has been. "Now learned men, who use the pen, have wrote your praises high... ♫"

Have a Killiburn Brae to go with that. I can never tell if it's a sexist or feminist song :-\

Akly, s'far as style goes there's quite a bit of stuff similar on OCRemix... and some of the more chiptune stuff things roaming around the net probably falls right in line with that, even if it doesn't fit OCR's submission standards. Nothing right off the top of my head, though.

E: Speaking of requests, though, anyone know of stuff along the lines of this?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:45:11 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 27, 2012, 01:08:13 am »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 30, 2012, 09:44:34 am »

Rudimental and some other folks.

Pretty awesome video, and song, not sure why but it seems the more "commercial" music is starting to improve in quality, or is it just with greater number of artists there's a higher chance there's something likeable in there?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 05, 2012, 05:01:06 pm »

Given Dave Brubeck's passing, time for some jazz.

Blue Rondo à la Turk by the Dave Brubeck Quartet. Gaming music geeks might find some of this strangely familiar...

Take Five, because why not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »

Oh man really?

Well that's a bummer, seeing how his stuff is some of the rare jazz that I really really enjoy (mostly because it's light and carefree, plus I haven't been looking into jazz all that much).

And speaking of dead people, have some Gwydion Pendderwen, the only druid to ever die in a car crash.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 06, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »

man, you just reminded me of this band

that's a fucking irish rebel song

badass

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »

Well if you're talking about rebellion songs, this is a classic, though I know it's annoyed a lot of people in the past.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:17 am »

Well if you're talking about rebellion songs, this is a classic, though I know it's annoyed a lot of people in the past.

Oh god no... that's one of my most hated songs of all time.  Most repetitive and musically bland song I've ever heard in my life, with an unprecedented ability to get stuck in my head for entire months.  It was overplayed on the radio for a couple years when I was in my mid-teens.  I also don't get any sense of rebelliousness from it.  Never says anything about standing for or against anything.  Just about getting knocked down (presumably by all that drinking) and then getting up again... over and over.  Strikes me as more of a party song than a rebellion song.  I've heard the band considers itself anarchist, but that song permanently turned me away from ever exploring that claim.

Anyway... I was dropping by to leave this here.  One of the most epic songs I know.  Would be a blast to get some of my Rock Band playing friends together who have never heard it and sing it for them, but not much epic concept album metal is on Rock Band, unfortunately.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 07, 2012, 02:41:18 am »

So, this is pretty cool. Anyone know of something good similar to it?

Check out the Touhou rearrange thread, the creator of the Touhou game composes some awesome midi style tracks, and there's "remixes" in every style imaginable by fan groups. (all the stuff I linked was songs and their cover versions from the single game which I have played a lot, and there are ~13 games in the series).

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 07, 2012, 09:35:57 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:03 am »

Crossover time, this thread seems to get more attention than the metal thread and this song needs more attention.  Everything about this song, from the pacing, to the vocals, to the instrumentation, to the art deco poster, is perfect.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 07, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what the blue christ I'm listening to, but it's disturbingly pleasing. And entirely too... cute.

Can only guess the style's a bit more common in... other places. Or something. I've actually heard similar vocals (from parts of it, anyway -- some of the male chorus bits I've heard very close lyrics in... christmas music, I think.) in western stuff, but...

Anyway, time to listen to it for the sixth sequential time. I'll burn out... eventually.

E: Amusing part is that track apparently powered a fleet destroying superweapon. Folks involved were kinda', uh. WTFing. A little.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:53:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 385