Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 533301 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #2205 on: June 09, 2012, 02:44:29 pm »

Just found this in my youtube suggestions box

Someone posted a metal video by a band who has a name that's a giant acronym and a album cover with an astronaut falling or something like that, and I could never find it again. Help?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 09, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »

Listening to Everclear's first album (Sparkle and Fade) for the first time in some years.  I totally forgot just how much I love this album.  It's still one of my favorites.  They just nailed everything on this one.  The music is very accessible alternative, but still sounds unique and fresh at the same time, no matter how many times I hear it.  The tone of the album is so sincere, but still fun.  The lyrics are written like conversations between average people but with just enough stream of consciousness poeticism thrown in to make it interesting.  The whole album feels like knowing a best friend.

Summerland - Best escape fantasy song ever
Queen of the Air - Being very close to someone with severe repressed memory issues, I've never known anything else that portrays that experience so well.

How the hell did Everclear go on to make so much bland crap after this?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 09, 2012, 03:46:54 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 09, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

Seeing these guys tonight with my lady-friend, going to have a blast.

They're Aggrotech, the harsher EBM derivitive of post-Industral darker elektro. (sometimes called 'cybergoth', to my chagrin)

Fucking love this song from their new album, which the song is named after. This is the last song of the album.

The really weird thing is, my (super traditional hispanic) mother liked this song.

...I see where I get the weird. Then again, I like this stuff specifically -because- my mother would blast Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, etc when I was very young, it sort of sunk in and took a life of its own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptINdWHLtX4&list=FLpepr1uzPPGt0Ibgs8s9jQA&feature=mh_lolz
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 11, 2012, 04:03:38 am »

Funny how I missed that masterpiece from Zohar002.

Also, have some She, because it's cool and all. Speaking of which, are there any musicians with a similar style to Lain Trzaska?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:07 pm »

This, while not the best song in here by a good margin, has some damn impressive 3D work in it. So have at ye, thread.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 11, 2012, 11:43:22 pm »

This, while not the best song in here by a good margin, has some damn impressive 3D work in it. So have at ye, thread.
Either someone had far too much time on their hands, or thats from a game somewhere around the later PS2 level of 3D. Still impressive nonetheless though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 14, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »

this song is nothing like anything else i listen to

but damn it's such a happy song

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile