Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 533666 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #1935 on: February 17, 2012, 10:44:43 am »

DarkWolf, this is not the music bashing thread. its the thread for sharing music links, and/or discussing said things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:27 am »

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

Anyway...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 17, 2012, 12:57:48 pm »

That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:10:47 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06:11 pm »

First heard this one in lain, it's totally the best opening song ever.

Bôa - Duvet (Acoustic)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1942 on: February 17, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 17, 2012, 11:48:40 pm »

Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World accompanied by a ukelele. No matter what mood you're in, this will cheer you up.

while on keyboard/piano u just press keys, with no fancy tricks and nonsense
Next to no instruments have you just press keys/move slides/blow through a mouthpiece/etc. Every form of music has a thousand and one skills that are needed at some point or another in many songs; it doesn't matter whether you're playing guitar, piano, trumpet, sax, whatever. There are fancy tricks everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:29:56 am by Araph »

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »

Darkwolf: That one dude who played keyboard alongside Yngwie Malmsteen way back, whose name eludes me right now. He plays it like it's a god damn guitar, and it's wonderful. You should check it out.

Come up with a new list of different music for those interested:

Insense -Surviving Self Resentment Norwegian Djent-y metalcore or something.  I don't know exactly what to call them other than that, but they have a very unique and interesting sound. That and that they write incredibly good lyrics, seriously, some of the best I've heard for how down to earth they are, yet they say so much.
Behold Oblivion - Terraform Science-fiction djent/technical death metal, with some serious groove. They also have segments of clean vocals that just makes you want to sing along with them. Great stuff.
Last chance to reason - Programmed for battle progressive metal/djent, really intelligent lyrics about the inner workings of machines and stuff. Also: incredibly catchy stuff.
After the burial - Aspiration Mathcore/djent/"sumeriancore". One of my favourite bands, and it's easy to see why. They've got incredible guitars, rythm and groove. very unique sound too.
The agonist - and their eulogies sang me to sleep Melodic death-metal, but not of the gothenburg sound. They have a female vocalist that I'd perhaps say is better Than Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy. Only gripe I have about them is that the vocalist also hangs out with Bam Margera, and that instantly warrants a -1 in respect.
TesseracT - Ambient Sax Solo Djent/jazz. Mostly jazz. It's a djent song, but with an actual sax solo. It's fucking amazing, I tell you. listen to it NOW! Even if you're one of those weirdos that hate metal, listen to this song now, it is the best thing I've heard in ages.

Cyprinus

« Reply #1945 on: February 18, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »

[redacted]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:27:59 pm by Cyprinus »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 19, 2012, 08:42:57 am »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 386