Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 530968 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4800 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:40 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4801 on: April 12, 2018, 01:45:06 am »

Did someone say weird mashups?

Amonamarthaguchi - Airbrush of the Thundergod

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: April 14, 2018, 10:55:35 am »

Satan's Fall is my favorite Mercyful Fate song
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: April 15, 2018, 06:21:19 am »

Over the winter holidays I spent a lot of time listening to Iron & Wine. One thing is the soothing vocals and folksy guitar plucking, but I happen to be of the opinion that he's a rather talented lyricist. I could gabble at length about the meanings and depictions I read into Belated Promise Ring (among others), but I'll refrain (ho ho, music joke!). Also, he's done some nice covers.

That listening trend hooked me up with my current bender of The Weepies and all the lovely vocal harmonies that they provide on their somewhat schizophrenic repertoire of alternatingly soft melancholic ballads and bouncy, upbeat folk-pop. Doesn't hurt that they're kind of an adorable couple.

As for game OSTs, I'm personally a fan of Michiel van den Bos, who notably composed and performed (singlehandedly) the entire soundtrack of the original Age of Wonders, which is arguably one of its most striking qualities and is immeasurably important in setting the theme and atmosphere of the whole game... And he did it with nothing but a keyboard and some Dutch salad!

And then, of course, there's the legendary Matt Uelmen, whose most famous work I shouldn't even need to mention (but it should be next in that playlist anyways).

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:40 am »

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: April 15, 2018, 08:07:05 am »

Blvck ceiling - Grins

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: April 15, 2018, 08:07:24 am »

Over the winter holidays I spent a lot of time listening to Iron & Wine. One thing is the soothing vocals and folksy guitar plucking, but I happen to be of the opinion that he's a rather talented lyricist. I could gabble at length about the meanings and depictions I read into Belated Promise Ring (among others), but I'll refrain (ho ho, music joke!). Also, he's done some nice covers.

That listening trend hooked me up with my current bender of The Weepies and all the lovely vocal harmonies that they provide on their somewhat schizophrenic repertoire of alternatingly soft melancholic ballads and bouncy, upbeat folk-pop. Doesn't hurt that they're kind of an adorable couple.

As for game OSTs, I'm personally a fan of Michiel van den Bos, who notably composed and performed (singlehandedly) the entire soundtrack of the original Age of Wonders, which is arguably one of its most striking qualities and is immeasurably important in setting the theme and atmosphere of the whole game... And he did it with nothing but a keyboard and some Dutch salad!

And then, of course, there's the legendary Matt Uelmen, whose most famous work I shouldn't even need to mention (but it should be next in that playlist anyways).

I&W is pretty nice, if you're into that sort of stuff I suggest checking out Gregory Alan Isakov and Lord Huron, both similar in style/substance while being their own distinct thing.
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: April 15, 2018, 08:24:31 am »

Oh I know about Gregory Alan Isakov, Spotify takes two or three songs before something from him pops up in every "related to" playlist it makes, even if I'm just spacing out to Kyuss or Graveyard or something. It's nice, but it just gets to be a bit much once you've heard the same song insert itself into everything a few times.

Oh, speaking of which, I ran into Colour Haze on some YouTube psychedelic playlist a couple years ago. Aquamaria is summa dat good fuzzy space, if you're into that sort of thing.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:40 am »

Heh, I mostly listen to music trough YT so it's easy to ignore how he's suggested almost constantly.

Somewhat related this girl has such a sweet sweet voice goddamn.
AS - IG

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: April 16, 2018, 11:50:58 am »

Finishing Move Productions is a nice soundtrack crew, made up of some of my favorite artists of all time. (Half of 'Trifonic' and 'Gasmilk' who's also good. Together the two are BRML.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: April 16, 2018, 01:58:36 pm »

Gravedigger's Chant

Z&A knocks it out of the park again with this one, damn punchy stuff that.
AS - IG

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:44 pm »

for some reason metal and jazz sounds great together, but other than this I haven't seen much of it
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
AS - IG

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile