Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 530551 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #4050 on: May 14, 2016, 04:32:55 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4051 on: May 17, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »

i'm sure this has already been posted somewhere in the last 4000 posts but Tchaikovsky motherfuckers

I don't even listen to classical music all that much, but it strikes me that a HUGE number of the classical music snippets that one hears in many different places come from The Nutcracker. Can't say i mind, it's really quite good. :v (now i just need to find that one Beethoven thing that i don't know what's called)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4052 on: May 17, 2016, 07:16:31 pm »

Curiously enough, it's neither of those, although the start of the 5th is definitely one i remember as well (haven't heard much of the Moonlight Sonata, oddly enough). A bit of research reveals to me that it is Für Elise that i was looking for, but hey, at least i wasn't mistaken about it being Beethoven. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4053 on: May 17, 2016, 07:36:34 pm »

Hee, well, probably not many kids that can play past those 7 anyways. You're lucky to have been in school with kids that have had good enough tastes to get their Beethoven on, at my school they'd all (well, the ones with enough of an ego to go on stage, anyways) have tried to either rap, breakdance or beatbox, with about as much success as one would expect. >.>

I actually got to know the song from that silly rap song featuring it prominently as well as children singing, not that i hold it in particularly high regard. Thankfully, it hasn't contaminated Beethoven's work for me, yet. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 20, 2016, 07:14:58 am »

Listening to Strangers to Ourselves and Of Course We Know while tired has just cemented my belief that Strangers to Ourselves is a fucking great album. Seriously, go listen to Of Course We Know.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4055 on: May 20, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »

Have some Georges Bizet.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:37 am »

The FTL soundtrack

thank you based Ben Prunty
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 21, 2016, 11:52:20 am »

The FTL soundtrack
thank you based Ben Prunty

Space is better with calm beep-boop synth. That, or blues rock.

Enter Rebel Galaxy OST (link to a playlist, because there isn't a single mapped video on youtube, apparently).
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 21, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »

Space should indeed either be blues rock, or spacey beep boops

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4059 on: May 23, 2016, 01:25:34 pm »

Xandria - Dreamkeeper

I'm not entirely convinved yet, but I'm increasingly liking this band.

And some classical:

Bach - Violin Sonata 2 in A Minor (Richard Tognetti)

It's surprisingly... pretty for a Bach piece. That's not an inditement on Bach, it's a comment on his style in my experience. I might just be accidentally attributing all his pretty pieces to someone else, though. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4062 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:09 pm »

I concur, i found myself listening to the entire soundtrack in one go earlier, admittedly while doing other things. It's naic. c:

I guess this belongs here, as part of my continued shilling of bleeps & bloops in all their forms.
SPEAKING OF BLEEPS AND BLOOPS

you might like this

Hell, check out more of RoccoW's stuff, they've made a lot of bleeps and bloops, and it's all free for downloading. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 24, 2016, 05:31:27 pm »

I have a really, really stupid appointment that I need to go to in a short while this morning.
It's early, unpleasantly cold, I feel tired as hell (have been for days, actually, not sure why) and this appointment is some kind of moronic group session that will no doubt send my anxiety through the roof. With a bunch of rednecks for co-stars. Also, if I don't go to it I won't get paid tomorrow, which would ruin everything.

So, I'm listening to my favourite song to prepare for the appointment and the amount of loathing I'm going to be feeling throughout the whole ordeal. I'd rather just stay in bed and listen to the whole album, but this will have to do for now. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 386