Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 386

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 530974 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #3090 on: June 12, 2014, 04:08:16 am »

Miracles of Modern Science - Luminol
E: The last part of the song is weirdly fitting for bombing runs in Planetside 2...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 15, 2014, 12:34:27 am »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:04 pm »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 15, 2014, 11:45:47 pm »

I saw this song performed live last night. ^_^
I have no idea what's going on in the video, either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 16, 2014, 09:56:02 am »

Sidabitball - Bedroom Pirates
I really like this song. No idea why. The lyrics are just great.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:57 am »

Here's my electric Dwarf Fortress spotify playlist, it's still badly incomplete with just 111 songs and 10 hours of playtime, I've overloaded the beginning with great tracks:

http://open.spotify.com/user/kari.valli/playlist/3dwxEPMk787cYBn34QOgwu

If you like more traditional music like fantasy themes in the making, I've got another Spotify list to please my ears.

http://open.spotify.com/user/kari.valli/playlist/7FfR63SwksbQGs4Qcg5K49
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:58:01 am by ajr »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03:29 am »

I'm not sure if this fits in this thread so sorry to mods if not, anyways, I'm looking for some Acid Trance that has absolutely no lyrics to it whatsoever, in short: Acid Trance Instrumentals.
I don't even wanna hear the sounds of breathing unless they're made by the music. Any one got any leads?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 18, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »

I'm not sure if this fits in this thread so sorry to mods if not, anyways, I'm looking for some Acid Trance that has absolutely no lyrics to it whatsoever, in short: Acid Trance Instrumentals.
I don't even wanna hear the sounds of breathing unless they're made by the music. Any one got any leads?

Can't speak for acid trance as a genre (though I do listen to many acid dubs and tracks with acid elements), but melodic techno may be up your alley. Adro Records is the best label I know for it, but Atomnation, Clouded Vision, and Mixmag are other good sources. Specific artists I'd recommend are Koett, Guy Andrews, Timothy J. Fairplay, Sebastien Tex, Abstraxion, QuiQui, Afterhours, and Line Idle (unfortunately seems they deleted their Soundcloud, but they're quite heavy on the acid and I could reupload some tracks).

I also used to not like singing in my electronic, but I've grown to like it more over time. I spend way too much time looking for specific tracks as it is anyway.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 19, 2014, 03:07:19 am »

Heh, listening to some of the staff you linked made me remember how cool Alexander Brandon was.

E: Also, holy shit, he actually subscribed for a Deus Ex Let's Play I'm watching xD
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:10:16 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 19, 2014, 04:08:44 am »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 21, 2014, 05:44:44 am »

Can't speak for acid trance as a genre (though I do listen to many acid dubs and tracks with acid elements), but melodic techno may be up your alley. Adro Records is the best label I know for it, but Atomnation, Clouded Vision, and Mixmag are other good sources. Specific artists I'd recommend are Koett, Guy Andrews, Timothy J. Fairplay, Sebastien Tex, Abstraxion, QuiQui, Afterhours, and Line Idle (unfortunately seems they deleted their Soundcloud, but they're quite heavy on the acid and I could reupload some tracks).

I also used to not like singing in my electronic, but I've grown to like it more over time. I spend way too much time looking for specific tracks as it is anyway.

Thanks, I'll give those a try, though I'm still seeking a good source of Acid Trance Instrumentals as that's my favorite style of music.

------------
On another note, again i don't know if this thread is the best to ask this but...
I'm looking for a good/decent Music Synthesis Software that can cover several genres, I just need names and specs right now...as I'm only window shopping until i find what exactly i want which I'm not quite sure of myself just yet, hence why I'm asking around like this.
..So anyone know any good Music synthesizer Software?
(again sorry if this post isn't in the proper place)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 21, 2014, 05:59:02 am »

I'm not sure what you're looking for. A Digital Audio Workstation? A tracker?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 21, 2014, 06:20:48 am »

I'm not sure what you're looking for. A Digital Audio Workstation? A tracker?
Basically: a program that makes Instrumental MP3/etc music files by the user inputting data into it...My local friends calls them "synthesizers" so that's the only name i know for them.
(think vocaloid but instruments not voices)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3103 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:25 am »

Try searching for "midi arrangers". I have used MUSE to good effect in the past, but I'm not sure it's windows compatible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 21, 2014, 06:44:27 am »

FL Studio is pretty good and Windows compatible. It's basically a pattern-based sequencer that supports VST synthesizers and a lot of other stuff.
A lot of professional music software is for Mac, but Windows compatible platforms have the advantage that there is a huge amount of free VST plugins (which you use as instruments if you don't want to work with samples only).
-----------
Saw these guys live: Suns of Thyme - Soma (God for Gods)
Great gig, nice party, bad hangover. :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:47:12 am by XXSockXX »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 386