Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Crushedring, succession game  (Read 4469 times)

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
Re: Crushedring, succession game
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 12:25:34 am »

Diary of Silverbrass Tosidrerras

15th Granite
Our leader has decided to start make rooms at our exploratory mines. For what purpose, its yet a mistery. I only know that I'm going to be busy trying to clean those rocks from there.
And it started to rain.

16th Granite
Our leader has received a message from the mountainhomes that they are sending people to help us. I guess we should start to make more bedrooms soon, otherwise we're going to have more fun that before.

21st Granite
I started to smooth the mysterious room. I guess it's for a noble, or something. Who knows.

23rd Granite
The Mountainhomes are generous. They send good people to help us. One of them is an high master armorer and got good skills in swordsmanship, and a diagnostician. We also got a high master metal crafter, one more miner and a high master carpenter. We got in total 10 migrants. That's a lot, and we're going to need to create a bedroom until their own bedrooms is set up.
I guess its finally to repel at once those panda men.

9th Slate
Rigoth Ezariteb, one of the recently migrants, has been strucken with a fey mood. He got a craftdwarf workshop. He got cow calf bones and yak calf bones. Hope isn't something extremely valuable, I don't want ambushes because of it.

16th Slate
May Armok help us all. Rigoth has made a cow bone bed. Youthsquashes the Defect of Breaking it is the name of the artifact. I guess that's why our leader wanted to make that room. Meanwhile our leader is frustated because he can't find metal to start to work with armor and weapons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

9th Felsite
We have found granite in the lower levels. We have hope that we can find ores there, and more gems.

19th Felsite
An elven caravan has came. We are being cautelous, because they might have brought an ambush with them.

24th Felsite
Our leader has decided we must make a propper meeting room, since we're getting more migrants than expected.

26th Felsite
Those darn elves hadn't brought things that we need, but we could trade our gems for food , booze and seeds. We better start to cut forests to just piss them off.

14th Hematite
We started to wall the above ground farm, for the fear of goblin ambushes. Also, our leader has approved a tower project, which will drastically improve our defense system.

25th Hematite
We have assigned the artifact bed to the misteryous room. Its definetly for a noble that will come.

2nd Malachite
Those panda men finally left our territory. But I guess it's not forever. They will come back. I can feel it.

26th Malachite
Great. Another migrant wave. I guess we seriously should consider to expand our fortress on stone layer. This time we got another swordsdwarf, an adequate weaponsmith, and other migrants, totaling 6. And we're almost completing our farm wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's it for now, folks. Expect more updates!
:3

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 12:29:43 am »

Add me for Sixth!
I've never really did much more than dabble in the glass industry, so I guess this fort could be a good candidate for a learning experience.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:52 am »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10326-crushedring

Map added to DFMA! Now everyone can see what's going on here :D

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 05:48:52 am »

{OOC} I just used dfreveal, and there's absolutely NO METAL ON IT. We have to rely on leather armor or from goblinite.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:19 am »

Those darn elves hadn't brought things that we need, but we could trade our gems for food , booze and seeds. We better start to cut forests to just piss them off.

YES!!! :)

{OOC} I just used dfreveal, and there's absolutely NO METAL ON IT. We have to rely on leather armor or from goblinite.

:( Wow, seriously?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:09:27 am by Ganondwarf »

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 09:50:51 am »

YES!!! :)

:( Wow, seriously?

Yeah. I guess you added MAX to the ore scarcity. :P

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:55 am »

11th Galena
A human caravan has came. I guess it's time to buy some metal bars and weapons, so we can equip ourselves better. And we fear goblin ambushes at any time now.

12th Galena
Olon, our mechanic, got possessed. I hope he doesn't make something absurdly expensive.

17th Galena.
Great. Olon created a lead left gauntlet. Too bad wasn't an armor or something. Now we have to wait for another lead right gauntlet.

18th Galena
Oh great. Our trader pissed off the humans. Now we have NO armor, NO weapon. And they had a bronze sword.

19th Limestone

Our first line of defense is being constructed. We still fear for goblin ambushes.

26th Limestone
Migrants. They came. Argh

We still have to dig the bedroom on the rock layer.

16th Timber
An outpost liason has came. Finally, we may start to import tons of metal.

25th Timber
Mistem, one of our gem cutters, withdraws from society... He claimed a jeweler and took rough gold opals.

2nd Moonstone

OH MY GOD. Mistem has created a PERFECT gold opal, The Sizzling Execution. I guess that's a kinda premotion or something.

12nd Moonstone
Oh great. The panda men are back. I hope we don't have trouble again.

6th Opal
We finished our first tower. I guess that's a real start!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 11:52:37 am »

cool!
remember, ballistae RULE when you have no metal  :P
(I have a current surface fort that has absolutely NO metal, and 10 (coal :P) boulders, so that is almost my only defense.
And it works AWESOME!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:34 pm »

Can we get a picture of the tower? I've tried building one before but never finished.
Also, were you having the same trouble I did with the trade (not being able to see the value of the goods and subsequently having the merchants accuse you of trifling with them) or was it something different?

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 09:20:08 pm »

Diary of Master Architect Brass

23rd Opal
We started to expand our defenses from the first tower foundation. We may use the created space as the first official military squad, and we decided to use crossbowdwarves as our mainforces, since one of miners reported that there's no metal on our fortress.

But they say the blue shiny metal is still there.

4th Obsidian
Inod Kadoldzat, our militia commander, has married with Mezummafol, one of our carpenters. I wish them good luck and happy no tantrum!

7th Obsidian
I have been promoted to Master Architect because of my sketches that I'm coming up. It shows a castle, with several towers inside it. I hope we can really do it!

11th Obsidian
Sigun, our Siege operator, is now officialy a legendary. Now we plan to build catapults, so we're going to drastically increase our defenses.

26th Obsidian
Curse them! The goblins ambushed us! We lost 2 fellow dwarves. But thank god one of our swordsdwarf saved the rest of us. We captured 2 of them, 2 killed and the rest flew away. We plan to set up animal watchtowers, along with massive amounts of cagetraps, so such thing will don't happen again.

28th Obsidian
Curse them again! A snatcher appeared INSIDE our mines, we don't know how, but again our swordsdwarf made some limb party again.

3rd Granite
Cog, our dyer has been strucken with strange mood. It's probably because of the Goblin Ambush.

15th Granite
We stripped those filthy goblins armor and weapons, they got silver weapons. We plan to melt them and make silver hammers.

2nd Slate
Rigoth Ezariteb and Urist Aorthnish has married! I wish the happy non tantrum!

9th Slate
Cog has created Rugnural Mingkil Rur, a... highwood.... crutch.
Our leader plans to offer that thing to the elves. Seriously. And it's worth 10000 dwarfbuck.

23rd Slate
We are almost completing the FIRST FLOOR of our keep. It's going to be tougher than expected.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ppc62klk0d202vp
Next! I guess happy fun!
By the way the community save is using Ironhand graphic set.

a404notfound

• Bay Watcher
  • was lost but now... wait still lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »

Hey ill try my hand at this send me a pm when it's my turn.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 08:15:25 am »

@ the guy above: awesome name  :P
@ all players: remember that the better the siege engine parts, the better it fires. So, make me (Sigun) a legendary siege engineer too!  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:58 am »

Hey guys. Don't forget to upload! After all, this is a succession game...

Tshiknn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Moron Next Door
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2011, 05:45:01 pm »

Ooh!  It's almost my turn!  I'm so excited!  :P

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2011, 06:05:05 pm »

@ the guy above: awesome name  :P
@ all players: remember that the better the siege engine parts, the better it fires. So, make me (Sigun) a legendary siege engineer too!  :P

uh...it's your turn...you've probably realized that by now...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5