Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Crushedring, succession game  (Read 4467 times)

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
Re: Crushedring, succession game
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 11:42:43 am »

upload the save on DFFD.
:3

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

Sorry, my year's not done yet. When it is (probably some time Monday) I'll upload it.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 03:40:51 pm »

To upload pictures, go to a website like img.ie and choose the picture and then upload it. After that, take the URL of your uploaded picture and put it in-between these characters, which you can automatically make using a button on the top left: img/img except with [s and the suchlike.

Tshiknn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Moron Next Door
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 05:10:55 pm »

Yes!  Pictures plz!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 05:47:12 pm »

I'll sign up for a turn.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:03 am »

crap, the pictures are tiny. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:55:17 am by Ganondwarf »

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »

27th Hematite
We're expecting immigrants any day now, so we've begun digging bedrooms for them. Not much else happening. Our food stores are still exactly where they were when I arrived, but our booze is up a bit. We need more potash!

6th Malachite
The migrants have just arrived at the edge of our sight. Let's see what the mountainhomes have sent us!

8th
We're out of wood, and Shorast the carpenter is on break, so Kol, an immigrant bone carver, will be doing that job for a little while. After that I'll have to find something more useful for him to do, since we don't have any bones around here...
Oh, and also: our two dogs have been made into war dogs, so we won't have to worry about small wildlife anymore.

9th Malachite
Unib found Whip Vine seeds! W00t! Now we can have whip wine! Also, it doesn't look like Shorast isn't about to give up her axe to some twerp like Kol. Once she gets off break, the first thing I want her building is two training axes, so we don't run into this problem again.

11th Malachite
I've waited until now to be sure, but it looks like...we only got 2 immigrants. :(
One is a bone carver, and one has some skill in gem cutting, so he'll be doing that. (OOC: Earlier I said I got the mason to do gem cutting...apparently I never did. :/)

13th Malachite
I've set Kol to siege operating, and nothing else. There isn't really a lot of work to be done right now, and even if I never see a goblin siege during my stay, I'm sure the next overseer will appreciate having someone skilled in heavy artillery.

26th Malachite
We're expanding the gem stockpile (It's now a 3x3x3 cube). Hopefully we'll find more gems to fill it with. Also, the above ground farm is nearly complete!

11th Galena
With our carpenter on break for so long (and taking a week long nap afterward), we still haven't made beds for our two new dwarves, so I'm temporarily splitting up wood cutting and carpentry, giving wood cutting to Unib in place of herbalism.

15th Galena
We're still lacking metal, so we've begun a mining operation in one the dried out murky pools...which I just realized is where our well was drawing water from...
Ah, well. We've got enough booze now, and production is steady.

20th Galena
I just struck gabbro which is really exciting because there might be kimberlite veins and those might have diamonds and that would be really cool!!!

22nd Galena
And Zasit just struck peridot!

1st Limestone
I ran into a pack of pandamen today, 6 male and 1 female...don't see how that works. Anyways, I immediately mobilized the squad. I've had too much grief from these monsters in the past to let them go unchallenged. Also, it looks like our farmer, metalsmith, and seige operator have been working out. They're pretty tough looking now, so I've drafted them into the militia for this battle. Armok knows me and Shorast can't do it alone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ouch. Those first two went done in seconds, but I got too cocky, and I paid a steep price. That third one got me good in one of my legs and one of my arms, and my left hand might never work again. Zasit doesn't have any experience with wound dressing, but she's going to do her best. I told the others to keep fighting without me, I just hope I haven't made a horrible mistake...

Damn it! I made a horrible mistake... Monom and Kol are both dead. It was a mistake to forgot to provide them weapons. The attack is off. I don't know how I'm going to explain this to the mountainhome...
Monom was a good personal friend of Zasit's, but she (Zasit) seems to be doing okay. She doesn't blame me for it either, for which I am grateful, but it doesn't change the fact that two dwarves died for no reason other than my own bloodlust. (OOC: Sorry for that guys! :p)

9th Limestone
I recovered surprisingly quickly. Looks like Shorast will take a little while longer, though. The panda men are still loitering around, mocking us. I don't dare send more dwarves after them though.

11th Limestone
We got everyone inside, and we've raised the drawbridge. I don't know how long we'll have to keep this up, hopefully the panda men will leave soon.

27th Limestone
After the tragedy of the pandas, things have returned almost to normal around Crushedring. I just gave Zasit a scare though--I accidentally a section of the cavern. But I was okay. Yup, not much else happening right now. Oh, and the panda men did leave.

4th Sandstone
Migrants, thank goodness. Our carpenter still hasn't recovered from his foot injury, so I'm going to need to appoint a new one. I just hope they don't find out what happened to the last one...

9th Sandstone
We got 6 migrants, bringing our total population up to 13. To celebrate, we built a butcher's shop, and slaughtered the stray animals they had brought, including a mule and a cow. We've also started paving over the empty murky pool, so we can prevent it from filling with rain water, and use it as a nearby refuse pile.

18th Timber
Trade Caravan on the horizon. Other than that, not much has happened lately. We paved over the murky pool, and now we're removing the road. Also built a burial room. We weren't quick enough for Monom and Kol, so they're getting memorial slabs rather than coffins.

--

I'll probably be done my turn some time tomorrow. Sorry for the few pictures today, and of course for killing two dwarves. It's going okay though, and I've got plenty of trade goods piled up for the next overseer if I don't use them all right now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 05:41:10 am »

oh, and don't forget to make a siege workshop ;D
then make 3 ballista parts, then a ballista, then lotsa arrows
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 09:25:58 am »

Already done. In fact, I'm now building a ballista to get rid of all this gabbro and microcline, seeing as my craftdwarf can't seem to get rid of it fast enough.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 09:30:00 am »

you mean catapult?
Use that for trainers ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 09:55:00 am »

you mean catapult?

yeah, that one.  :P

20th Timber
So...our trader was, naturally, inexperienced, but...I didn't expect the trade to go this bad. He couldn't even tell us how much their goods were worth! We were trading blind, you might say, offering more and more until they finally accepted an offer. It doesn't really matter though, we got an iron pick, sweet pod seeds, booze, and some lead and electrum for a fraction of our goods. Oh, I also got Zasit a bismuth bronze piccolo, since I don't actually know what happened to her other gift... We'll probably make a gift to the mountainhomes as well, and hopefully the caravan won't tell about the two bodies they passed on the way to the fortress...

I requested hens and roosters so the next overseer can set up a meat industry, metal bars, and I also put in a small word for another pick, just in case.
Here's what they want in return. They want gems? We'll give them gems.

Turns out I've been duped. You can't use lead for weapons and armor, so there was no reason to trade for it. Looks like electrum is the same deal as well. On the upside...although Monom and Kol's corpses have rotted away...it turns out I can still bury their skeletons!  :D Armok rest their bones, that makes me feel better than having them lie out there.

13th Moonstone
Okay, so at first I was really excited cause I thought I hit gold, but it turned out to be gold opal, and even though we had to dig down like 10 levels for it, it turns out to be less valuable than the claro opals we found on the surface. :/

24th Moonstone
Well at least there's a LOT of these gold opals...

9th Opal
Well, my stay here is drawing to a close, but before I go, I want to address one last problem: AS I WRITE WE HAVE 8 IDLERS. OUR POPULATION IS 13.
So I'm going to be assigning everyone new jobs to make sure this fortress continues to run smoothly.

Miner: Myself, Zon
Miner: Zasit
Carpenter: Shorast
Mason: Kib
Gem Cutter/Stone Crafter: Urvad
Farmer/Brewer/Butcher/Cook: Atir
Wood Cutter/Herbalist: Unib
Wood Cutter/Herbalist: Urist
Mechanic/Smith: Olon
Doctor: Monom (not Monom the farmer...a different Monom. An immigrant.)
Seige Operator: Sigun
Hauler: Minkot
Hauler: Zulban

16th Obsidian
I'll be leaving (OOC: Or am I just handing oversight over?) in two weeks, but before I leave, I decided to dig another above ground farm. We now have the seeds of three above ground crops: strawberries, whip vines, and prickle berries, and maybe some others. I'm also digging room for a seed stockpile, to make it easier to identify what we have. Oh, and I made a garbage dump for all the loose rubble cluttering our fortress.

27th Obsidian
Damn. Another group of panda men, and I leave in three days.

1st Granite
The pandas don't seem to be bothering us...yet. Well, I leave the decision as to what to do with them up to the next overseer.
A few quick notes: We cut a lot of trees. Maybe enough to piss off the elves, maybe not. Also, the lever for the draw bridge...is the only lever we have, and it's in the dining room. The mine is not difficult to find, and is a good source of peridots and gold opals, suitable for economy. Oh, and the catapult was never finished. In fact, I think our siege engineer is still on break. And with that, I'm off!

I'll post the save in a second.
There ya go: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4266
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:05:54 am by Ganondwarf »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 01:37:39 pm »

Unib was supposed to be a swordsman for the military in case those pandamen became a problem.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »

oh...well, now I know. Wait...but the stocks menu never showed any swords...?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 03:56:22 pm »

Well, I expected there to be metals to make swords with at the embark location, but instead I got an entire mountain made out of sand.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »

taken now.
lets see how much blood's in there :D
:3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5