Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Crushedring, succession game  (Read 4474 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Crushedring, succession game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »

By the way, are all of you using the very latest version? It might be because I'm using .24, because I don't really see the point in downloading a new version thats pretty much just bug fixes for issues that I don't have.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:51 pm »

Also, just so people know, I have VERY slightly edited RAWS. I just made it so that fluffy wamblers weren't exotic pets and that they could be trained. Thats it, though.

Tshiknn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Moron Next Door
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

I am using .25.  This might be the root of the problem, so you should probably update to .25 just to be safe.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 12:05:47 am »

Updat'd. Might work now.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:45 am »

IT WORKEZ!  :D
Turns out I also needed to update (I was using .21)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:54 am »

Well, just make sure to go in the order I have you in. Play it for an in-game year and then post the save along with some screenshots and a summary of what you did.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 08:55:46 am »

Whatever. I give up.

Okay, I forgot he had posted this...
Choobakka, are you still in this? Because I was waiting for you to take your turn.
ShoesandHats, what are the rules as regards how long (real life) we get to take our turns?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 02:30:47 pm »

The longest you can take in real life is 2 days. Pretty much the only other rule is try not to lead the fortress into HFS/chaos/HFS literally.

Tshiknn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Moron Next Door
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Only 2 days?!  How about a week?  That sounds more reasonable to me... I don't have enough time on my hands to play a year of game time in only 2 days.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 06:01:50 pm »

I was thinking a week too, but I've found I can play about a year of game time in only half an hour or so. A week it is, though.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 06:05:02 pm »

So if we're going with two days as a real-life cap, has Choobakka forfeited his turn?
EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you agreed to a week. I can wait, then.
Thanks, cause actually, two days is pretty stiff for me too.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 06:06:35 pm »

I don't know, I'll take him off the list and see if he gets back. If he does, I'll put him back on.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »

Okay. So is the file in the OP the game as I'll be starting it? Cause last time I downloaded it I noticed it wasn't at the start of a year.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »

Well, yeah, I guess.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 11:00:59 am »

Okay, first post! It's a little wordy, and doesn't cover too much time, but...whatever.
Btw, I have pictures, but I don't know how to upload them. I think I asked in some other thread somewhere, but I don't know if anyone answered, and I don't know where that thread went, so...
how do I attach pictures? Thanks.

27th Slate
I've arrived at my new home, Omathel, Crushedring! The Mountainhomes sent me to make sure this fortress stays on track and proves a profitable investment, and I promised to do my best. My first impression is...wow. It's a unique experience for me--I've never had to lead a fortress I didn't start myself, and this looks nothing like what I would've done. Which is fine! I'll do my best to respect the previous overseer's decisions, but I've definitely got plans for how to make this fortress my own. My second impression is: The dining room has only one table. And no chairs. WTF?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Analyzing the stocks, I'm a little scared by how low on food and booze we are. We're even low on seeds! So I've designated the farms be expanded. I also found a small stash of uncut gems, so I decided to set up a gem cutter's, which will be manned by our mason. Defense is a little lacking, as is metal for weapons and armor, so I've set the metalsmith to mechanics. Meanwhile, Unib, a peasant with no discernable talents, will be gathering plants from outside. Hopefully he'll find something we can brew and/or farm. Speaking of which, I assigned our farmer wood burning and potash making, since I'm big on using fertilizer to increase farm productivity.

Finally, the trade depot. Caravans might be 10 months away, but I feel better knowing it's there and ready. Besides, it gives me and Zasit, our other miner something to do. I'd like to have it further in, behind crossbow perches and a ballista battery, but a simple draw bridge will suffice for now... I got Monom, our farmer, to design that one, since he was still waiting for the farm room to be expanded. I'll appoint someone more suitable later.

6th Felsite
Started digging a well for the dining room, in case we get holed up by a siege. We'll be drawing water from a murky pool-not pleasant, I know, but hopefully we won't run out of booze so it won't matter. Somehow, though, I forgot to leave an upward ramp where we dug down, so I'm going to briefly take up the job of masonry to build us a way out of here. Luckily there's stone down here...

out-of-character (henceforth, OOC): okay, the expedition leader ("me") is being a dumb-ass. He refuses to build either a ramp, or a stair, claiming there's an item in the way. Either he means the piece of diorite he's BUILDING THE RAMP OUT OF, or he's just stupid. Update: I just had to dig the ramp into the wall, rather than trying to construct it in the tunnel. Misleading error though.

back-in-character: I think I've heard of something, something the humans use, for things like this. It's like a portable stair. I think it's called a...ladder? Hm...I wonder if our carpenter knows how to make one...apparently not. (OOC: WHY CAN NOT HAZ LADDERZ?!)

11th Felsite
The well is nearly done. Zasit, our other miner, is digging the ramp that will connect to the pool right now. Our mason is building the draw bridge, and I'm digging space for the farmer's wood furnace. I don't want the farmer and the metalsmith fighting over one furnace, after all. I'm also appointing myself manager, in order to make sure they stick to their own shops. As an added bonus, this means I get to demand an office!...which I will be digging myself...um...still, I get an office!

17th Felsite
Just a few more little things. I haven't had a lot of work in the past few days-most of the digging has been done. I did just dig a doorway from the farms to food storage, however. This is mostly for the farmer, so she can access her seeds quicker. Oh, and uh...I'M IN LOVE! 8D With Zasit, in fact. I never thought of digging as very romantic, but, apparently the possibility of imminent death by drowning/cave-in/stranding/falling into a cavern and being eaten by GCSs speeds romance up quite nicely! Plus she has musical talent (or so she says, we don't actually have any instruments and her voice is a little scratchy), and she's got beautiful eyes. I'm also somehow attracted to how delicate she is. :/ Guess I like feeling needed, huh? Uh-oh. Here comes Kib the mason. I can't let him see me writing this! (OOC: all this is according to Zasit's profile. I haz picture! How to upload, plz?)

3rd Hematite
Badgers! They snuck up on us, and now they're right outside our door. I'd order the draw bridge pulled, but Unib the herbalist is still out there. I called for him to get back in here, I just hope he heard and not the badgers. Just in case, I've formed a squad of myself and our carpenter. Normally I'd have drafted our other miner, too, but...well she's weak, quick to tire, and slow to heal. Plus, well, you know...

5th Hematite
Wow. Wow. I must have had a mental lapse--I went outside. Don't even remember what it was I was doing--probably putting something in a bag--and I was SURROUNDED by the badgers. But...they ran away. :/ Anyways, I'm tired. I'm going to bed now.

8th Hematite
Okay, so we finally got the bridge hooked up to the lever, right? But some poor architectural planning left a crack between the bridge and the wall. So I was talking about it last night, talking about how we would have to get rid of those slopes so goblins and badgers and elves oh my couldn't get in, and I guess Zasit overheard me, because when I woke up, it turned out she had decided to lift the bridge in the middle of the night, and dig out the slopes herself. However...she forgot to give herself a way back...oh she left a slope...to the outside. So she's sleeping on the hard rock right now! Poor thing. She still looks ecstatic though, so I guess I needn't be too worried. (OOC: No, I do not know how she looks ecstatic in her sleep, but her profile said she was, and she was sleeping. :/)

9th Hematite
But she'd better wake up soon cause we need to get outside and do stuff! And with her sleeping under the draw bridge, that seems a little difficult...

11th Hematite
While we wait for Zasit to wake up (OOC: 3 days and counting zomg!!!), I've begun digging out a military wing. We'll have a kennel, a seige workshop with a training zone, and a barracks. Now if only we could find some metal to make weapons and armor with...

13th Hematite
I've decided to make a gift for my beloved! Or, rather, I've decided to get our mason to make a gift for me to give to my beloved. He's making an instrument for her! After that, he'll be making crafts for trading, since we really don't have anything right now.

18th Hematite
Okay, now Zasit has been on break for a week. I love her, but...WE'VE RUN OUT OF WOOD! AND WE CAN'T GET OUTSIDE BECAUSE SHE'S STILL UNDER THE BRIDGE (OOC: which, by the way, is a great song from the Red Hot Chili Peppers). I even designated that area as forbidden! Ugh...I don't want to be too hard on her, but...come on!!!

21st Hematite
Oh no. Zasit left, but there's a GIANT EAGLE RIGHT OUTSIDE and I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE-oh wait, there she is. She's okay. Great! Now we can get outside again!

22nd Hematite
You've got to be fucking kidding me. She went back down in the hole while we weren't looking. And we pulled the lever. *face palm*
She's okay, she's just...stuck.

23rd Hematite
Okay, we got her out. This has been a happy ordeal. :p

I'll post more...later. Maybe tomorrow.
P.S. Sorry I didn't get pictures of everything, but I think I got most of the important stuff, and you can see the progress of the fortress in the picture of the badgers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:54:25 am by Ganondwarf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5