Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For the love of god help, my resolution keeps autoswitching back to microscopic  (Read 352 times)

Pickleysnipes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi I've been out of the Dwarf Fortress game for a while now and was just getting back into it, but even when fully zoomed in my tiles are effing tiny. I have to sit right up to the screen and squint. I've fiddled with the .Init for hours, setting resolutions and grid sizes and no matter what as soon as I move or even click the DF window the grid resizes to about half the size it originally shows up at and there seems to be no way to lock this. Turning window resizing off doesn't work as it still resizes the moment I click it. Also tried turning the blackspace off in hopes that the tiles *would* stretch to match my windowsize/resolution and they totally don't. I've also tried using the resolution/grid calculator to add some specific grid functions to the .init yet the problem persists. Also I've spent hours looking for a solution on the internet and have concluded the internet is useless for DF problems.

I'd really appreciate some help with this as I wont be able to play if I can barely see my dwarves.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you on a laptop? My hand sometimes hits the pad just right and make sit zoom way out. Just use the mouse scroll wheel [if you have one] to scroll back out, or run your finger along the side of the pad. does the same thing.

If thats not the problem.. then I dunno.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Pickleysnipes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Nah I'm on a  desktop, usually keep the resolution at about 1152x864, but have tried multiple reso's to try and fix my grid problem. Ty for the input tho

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem, sorry I couldn't help.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try reinstalling.  Sometimes the up or down arrow can get stuck, maybe the mouse wheel on yours is stuck. (although I've never heard of it)