Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: time limit?  (Read 1473 times)

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
time limit?
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:56 pm »

sorry for the noob questions but can i ask, is there any time limit in the game? can i just take me time and build things up slowly, are there any negative effect by doing that?

thanks!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: time limit?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 02:25:25 pm »

There's no time limit. But, be warned! Long periods without action WILL mean that the conservatives get the upper hand.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:02 pm »

oic, thanks for the quick reply!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »

Oh, some more words of advice.

Going out and killing everything in sight will not help you. It'll just make the media spread the story, thus making the general public despise you.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:51:53 pm »

o right, i was always tempted to do that too early, once i got a little group (like a group of firemen) then i'll sent them straight on to axe people up, and they always ended up getting caught or killed xp

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 04:05:14 pm »

Actually, don't they have an arch-conservative amendment or something? I recall something like that a few versions back - not sure if it's still in place though.

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »

It's technically possible to lose by Reaganification, but last I heard you have to go for years and years doing nothing at all to have the country slide that far to conservatism.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's a time limit. Once had a game endlessly stuck in a loop until it eventually gave up saying that I lost around... 2057 or something like that. Don't remember exactly what time it was, and finding the post is impossible since it was deleted along with the download thread a long time ago before Johnathan posted it again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

Maybe your founder died of old age? If so that's probably the time limit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:59 pm »

Even then, someone could take up the mantle.
Maybe nobody was willing though.
Meh.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:37 pm »

Maybe your founder died of old age? If so that's probably the time limit.
Maybe. I had my LCS evaporate, then got stuck in the cycle. I'm pretty sure it didn't say anything about my founder, though.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:40 pm »

Hmm. Maybe the country just went full C+ then.

@Man of Paper: I've never actually tried going any route other than solo charismatic founder with a bunch of sleepers, so if anything happens to him it's always game over for me. I just assumed that if he died it was always game over. My bad, then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 11:44:06 pm »

Hmm. Maybe the country just went full C+ then.
Nope, the country was pretty Liberal-moderate at that time. Unless every single liberal and moderate died on one year, I don't think that's possible.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 02:07:05 am »

The disband feature is simply made to screw you over. Unless the bar is 4 inch max from the liberal side, all of the supreme court are liberal and every law is liberal it will just destroy everything you established.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 02:18:41 am »

But I was talking about when the game's infinite loop ended, not when I first disbanded. The country was liberal, and wasn't conservative. There's simply no way every single law changed from EL/L/M to Conservative in one year or something like that.
Pages: [1] 2