Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have a friend who needs entertainment...  (Read 1166 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have a friend who needs entertainment...
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:10:54 pm »

... My friend is currently based in Iraq, and is bored out of his mind. Steam does not sell games to IP addresses in Iraq, and even if they did, since his bank card information is United States based, he can't buy the games from Iraq anyway. Thus anything he can get out there must be received as gifts.

Unfortunately, he alerted me to this only after I gave away a spare copy of Portal to a fellow Fourmite. Thus, if any one of you want to pre-order Portal 2, and give him the extra copy of Portal one, PM me. Upon that, if anyone desires to gift anything at all to his steam account and make life in the middle of the desert a bit less desolate, let me know as well. He says that he'd take basically anything right now to entertain himself, even if it's some cheap indie game. I'll be hooking him up with something myself as well, soon.
!!&!!

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a friend who needs entertainment...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 02:40:45 pm »

Sadly I do not have anything I could donate, but there are all kinds of options here...
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhZ2bGNb4RZIdE5JTEs4b2xyNmllNnNRTWR1NzlCVXc&hl=en&authkey=CNScwJoF#gid=0

Take care,

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:10 pm »

For free he could also get Alien Swarm which is a fun multiplayer game where you fight aliens, and stuff. There is a level system, and it also has an offline mode.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:13:34 pm »

So far a couple of our fellow fourmites have promised a copy of X-com UFO Defense, and a copy of Portal 1. I am very happy to see this generosity, and I'm sure my friend will be too, once he gets online again.
!!&!!

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 03:17:57 pm »

Does GoG.com also block purchases from Iraq? There are some pretty awesome games on there.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »

...Marathon is free?

Hehe.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

Get him in on the red hot dwarf action!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 04:07:09 pm »

Does GoG.com also block purchases from Iraq? There are some pretty awesome games on there.
If they do you could always just buy the game and find a way to upload it to him as there's no DRM on the installers.