Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Totally unmodified game... Elves in town!?  (Read 917 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Totally unmodified game... Elves in town!?
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:31 am »

Laa di daa... I'll go and pick up a sword in this weapon sho- wait...

Elf Weaponsmith!?

What about next door...

Elf Pump Operator?!?!

Wut wut wuuut!?

They're living in this human town? Have they reposessed it?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Totally unmodified game... Elves in town!?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »

If your pregenerated history is long enough then this can happen. Basically it means that some elven civilization took over a town, or maybe some immigrants came in and outlived all the humans. If you go into legends mode then you might be able to figure out what happened.

This is unlikely to happen with say 200 years of history, but I've seen it happen at 1000 years, particularly with the civ forge mod.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:12 am »

This is with only 150 years lol. And I don't think they attacked the town and took it, as they still say that the 'capital' is the fort next to it (which still has a Human Lord and a load of warriors). Plus they seem to have the same reputation with me as the humans. Immigrants eh? XD
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 10:09:24 am »

They were captured by humans and humans built a town with elf inhabitants. It happens a lot.

In old versions you could have a forest retreat with a tavern and a dark tower.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:16:26 am »

I had a fortress controleld by a Gobbo who was hostile to me ( and turned whole fortress against me as i had to kill him ) and nearby town full of gobbos too ( my adventurer got kileld by goblin carpenter with silver battle axe )
that was only time ive had something like that happening in 31.??