Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm confused...  (Read 718 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
I'm confused...
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:32:43 am »

Alright, I bought TF2 and Gmod on Steam last night.  Both worked originally, although Gmod now fails to load (Checking the forums, there's a patch coming out ASAP though.)

The weird thing is that I just got logged out of Steam and after logging back in, there are several games in my library that I am certain I've weren't there before.  Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm Up, Dystopia, Pirates Vikings & Knights 2, and Zombie Panic Source are the ones that leap out at me, although there may be others.

Reckon this is legit, or some kind of error on their side that I have to hope doesn't get noticed?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:36:21 am »

Fear not! Those are just Source Engine mods.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:38:26 am »

And they won't overwrite or alter any other games I have installed?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:41:15 am »

Nope, they should all download and execute as their own separate games. It's confusing at first because when you buy a Valve product, they give you access to like, half of the crap people have made with their engine.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 03:42:42 am »

Ahh, that doesn't seem too bad.  Are these generally worth playing, or should I refrain from deleting around 15 gig of shite from my HD?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:39:01 am »

Ahh, that doesn't seem too bad.  Are these generally worth playing, or should I refrain from deleting around 15 gig of shite from my HD?

Some of those are pretty good if I remember correctly. But a very important point to consider is, will you be able to find a server to play? Some of those older mods might not have servers, or only a couple servers that might or might not be located anywhere near you.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.