Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Additional weapon slot?  (Read 1137 times)

emissary666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Additional weapon slot?
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:49 pm »

I continue to be frustrated by the inability for my squad to carry a crowbar and a weapon, making my B&E squad a softer target. I feel this way about the spraycan and guitar as well. I suggest a second weapon slot for each liberal, representing a holstered handgun, a slung guitar, a hidden shotgun, etc. It would allow for better armed liberals, the ability to switch between melee/singing to guns, and permit the use of non-weapon items without sacrificing offense/defense.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Additional weapon slot?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »

I'd just like us to be able to bring along some additional equipment, period.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:15:54 am »

Having a secondary weapon slot for tools, pistols, molotovs, or knives is on my "good idea" list, but I don't foresee it actually happening any time soon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:22:18 am »

Maybe certain clothes could allow it?

For example: Police uniform has a pistol belt allowing you to have 2 pistols.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 04:20:34 pm »

I'd also like to have liberals be able to use two pistols at once.  Cause it is awesome.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:19:11 pm »

I would love to have the ability to stick a spare suit of army body armor or two in my pack for when I get busted.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 02:51:10 am »

Having a secondary weapon slot for tools, pistols, molotovs, or knives is on my "good idea" list, but I don't foresee it actually happening any time soon.

Actually, in addition to the Car Chase stuff I've been planning, I have actually been pondering how I would implement such system. The hardest part would be the user interface, because one can only fit so much stuff in a terminal window, but "rules"-wise, this could be interesting.

Each liberal could wield two weapons at the same time. Dual-wielding would reduce the accuracy of both weapons, but the actual penalty would depend on many things, like weapon type and the character's strength. Dual-wielding even AK47s could be possible (I've done it in real life) but highly impractical as for a low-strength character even holding two for some time might get straining, not to mention coping with recoil when firing.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04