Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Supernatural Mission: An Action RolePlay.  (Read 3147 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Supernatural Mission: An Action RolePlay.
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »

I tried this originally on a different forum, but it died without a single post. I posted another thread for a totally different game on this forum, and that died without a single post. Third times the charm, right?

This a World Of Darkness style Role-play. You are a vampire/werewolf/demon living in the hidden world behind Modern England, until you get kidnapped by an unknown section of the government which no-one knows about, even not the government itself. The pros are that you gain access to firearms which are usually illegal. The downside is that you are basically trapped here and you have to preform life-threatening missions against supernatural threats, such as rogue werewolves, vampire outbreaks and sometimes complete unknowns.

This is another mission. You don't know what it is yet. Are you ready?

Rules:

1: If you attack/cast a spell/convince against something, I roll. I will say if the attack fails or succeeds. If you want to convince something, you say at the end of your post in bold letters Roll Convince/Spell/Attack
2: You can play as three creatures: Vampires, Werewolves and Demons. Vampires get a bonus to convince (Vampires are quite charming.), Werewolves get a bonus to combat (Werewolves are strong even out of werewolf mode.) and Demons get a bonus to magic (Magi are too arrogant and powerful to allow themselves to be government agents and stay, but Demons aren't too powerful and they can be contained.)
3: Trying to do a runner activates a bomb in your heart. It's filled with tiny stakes, sliver and holy water, so it can't harm you while you are alive, but it sure as hell can harm you if you try to leave the mission area.
4: Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will release the mission statement when we have 4, a standard issue British fire team. When I approve the characters, you can do a bit of free-roleplaying in the equalivent of the barracks, to flesh out your character and their personality.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:50:02 pm by Fniff »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mission: An Action RolePlay.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:42:44 pm »

Name: Taric.
Backstory: A particularly young werewolf, Taric has always been quietly spoken and a loner. So it surprised him when he found out that he was a werewolf. Orphaned at a relativly young age, he still has a few issues.
Race: A mutt.
Opinion On Current Situation: Meh.
Armament: Grunt: Browning Pistol, Bullpup Rifle 5.56 (AKA the L85A2).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:57:03 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:49:33 pm »

Name: Taric.
Backstory:
Race: A mutt.
Opinion On Current Situation: Meh.
Armament: Grunt: Browning Pistol, Bullpup Rifle 5.56.

I am sorry, the backstory is required. Give me a moment, mixed it up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »

I'm getting to that.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:59:50 pm »

Alright then. Approved!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »

Stealing a slot while I write up my predictable female character.
Done!

Name: Alexis (Lexi)
Backstory: Before? that was a while ago, she'd have to think about that (aka, 700 years is a lot to flesh out in one go) Although, Lexi was just traipsing around, looking for something to do when she got kidnapped. If those humans has explained their intentions first, she would probably have joined willingly.
Race: Vampire
Age: She was 27 when she was turned, and that was back in 1317. So, almost 700.
Opinion On Current Situation: So long as the job doesn't get too boring, she doesn't really care what happens.
Armament: Sniper - Browning Pistol, 7.62mm L96 Snipers rifle.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:19:02 pm by Kashyyk »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »

Reserved spot, gotta think something up.
Done
Name: Charles Williams
Backstory: Well he is definetly not recently bitten. He was bitten 200 years ago. While walking around in a city in Britan something jumped behind him and knocked him out. Hee woke up in a gutter with a bite on his neck.
 Race: Bloodsucker
Age: Over 300 years old, but he was bitten when he was 39 years old.
Opinion On Current Situation: He's fine with working with the humans, he was one once afterall.
Armament: Close up: Combat Knife, Browning Pistol, Benelli M4 Super 90

Tally Ho!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:06:11 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:12:07 pm »

Name: Xinic
Backstory: Xinic is good at two things. Alcohol and magic. Neither of which make for good combination. Luckily any money he can aquire is used to buy more alcohol. A drunken demon is generally considered less dangerous than one with the right equipment for magic.
Race: He is demon, though he often struggles to remember it in his drunken state
Opinion On Current Situation: While he is annoyed that he can't spend his days in a drunken stupor anymore he hopes that a steady job would provied income which could supply a steady supply, of booze.
Armament:Close Up: Combat Knife, Browning Pistol, Benelli M4 Super 90.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »

Name: Xinic
Backstory: Xinic is good at two things. Alcohol and magic. Neither of which make for good combination. Luckily any money he can aquire is used to buy more alcohol. A drunken demon is generally considered less dangerous than one with the right equipment for magic.
Race: He is demon, though he often struggles to remember it in his drunken state
Opinion On Current Situation: While he is annoyed that he can't spend his days in a drunken stupor anymore he hopes that a steady job would provied income which could supply a steady supply, of booze.
Armament:Close Up: Combat Knife, Browning Pistol, Benelli M4 Super 90.

Remember, 7 is 70 in demon years. Just remember that.
Stealing a slot while I write up my predictable female character.
Done!

Name: Alexis (Lexi)
Backstory: Before? that was a while ago, she'd have to think about that (aka, 700 years is a lot to flesh out in one go) Although, Lexi was just traipsing around, looking for something to do when she got kidnapped. If those humans has explained their intentions first, she would probably have joined willingly.
Race: Vampire
Age: She was 27 when she was turned, and that was back in 1317. So, almost 700.
Opinion On Current Situation: So long as the job doesn't get too boring, she doesn't really care what happens.
Armament: Sniper - Browning Pistol, 7.62mm L96 Snipers rifle.

Approved!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 04:54:10 pm »

Fire teams are usually semi-ad hoc organizations and aren't technically part of organization, even if they are the primary manuerver unit in small unit doctrine.

Just saying. And watching, I suppose.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

Hmm. Well, it regulates the size, and I can say "Well, it's a secret government organization it can do what it wants.", even though that is very cheap.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

Well, that's all.

Might as well get started, then. Give me a second to write up the mission statement, while you guys enjoy some roleplaying before the big mission.

Note: To prevent annoyances, werewolves can actually change anytime they want during the night.

You are all brought into the cafeteria by armed guards. You know these humans aren't normal. They move too quickly, too evenly. They must be constructs of some sort. The light is dim. Along the wall is faded graffiti and insults. There is a table with six chairs, where you can sit. There is some lukewarm soup in a bowl, a packet of stale Bourbon Creams, some terrible tea and some MRE packs colored red with "Blood MREs" with best served warm on it. The humans don't have a high opinion of you, it seems.

"Good Evening. You have been brought to this place to socialize. We have found racism and grudges are imperative to missions, so please politely chat." A posh voice comes over the speakers.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »

"You could've provided decent tea atleast. Tosser." Taric sat at the table, the chairs being decent atleast. He was very pissed of being deprived of proper tea.

Convince human to give us better tea.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:22:14 pm by Taricus »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 06:21:51 pm »

Charles a tall man wearing a suit and holding a cane begins to speak. " Hello Gent's, the names Charles. Pleasure to make your Acquaintance."

He then sits down at the table.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 02:42:00 am »

Xinic slouched down on to a seat. "Well thanks for telling us nothing, I mean after being kidnapped by a bunch of crazy... whatever-you-are's I really felt in the mood for a bit of verbal jousting with a vampire or whatever. Whatever, if you can replace some of this tea with something I can get drunk on I don't care."
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5