Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Healthcare laws  (Read 3319 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Healthcare laws
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:50:29 am »

As we all know, healthcare is of the Liberal elite!

Here's what the healthcare laws could be.

L+ Medication and surgery are government funded and completely free The university hospital is free.

L Medication and surgery cost a small amount. The rest is paid by the government The university hospital requires a small fee.

M A fee must be paid to recieve medication or surgery. Those who are the lower class have much difficulty paying. The university hospital requires a moderate fee

C A large fee must be paid to recieve a safe form of healthcare. Even the middle class struggle to pay healthcare feesThe university hospital requires a large fee.

C+ Healthcare is run as a buisness by greedy C.E.O's. The poor have no hope of getting healthcare. The free clinic is shut down and replaced with the "Back-Alley clinic. Going to the B.A.C is rather dangerous as there's a chance your liberal will end up dead from organs being removed. The B.A.C is free and as a result, the quality of the surgery is terrible compared to the university hospital. The university hospital requires an insanly high (Over $90000 for minor treatment) fee.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:34:04 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healthcare laws
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:41:08 am »

C+ Healthcare is only for the rich. The poor are simply left to perish The free clinic is shut down. The university hospital requires an insanly high (Over $90000 for minor treatment) fee.

It's... it's... OVER NINTEY THOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNND!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:48:27 am »

C+ Healthcare is only for the rich. The poor are simply left to perish The free clinic is shut down. The university hospital requires an insanly high (Over $90000 for minor treatment) fee.

It's... it's... OVER NINTEY THOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNND!

What, ninety thousand!? That can't be right!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:07 pm »

Shouldn't there be something about organ harvesting?  That would be dystopian.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 12:19:07 pm »

Shouldn't there be something about organ harvesting?  That would be dystopian.
Just added it.

emissary666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

The free clinic probably wouldn't be shut down until C+; it wouldn't be illegal for someone to privately run a free clinic at C, it would be stupid and expensive, but not illegal. At C+ they probably would crack down on that. However, I think that completely eliminating external health recovery is a bit harsh, even for C+. Maybe the clinic becomes a back-alley surgeon? For a low to moderate fee, you get sub-optimal care (longer recovery times, chance of death) and can sell the organs of fallen comrades and hostages to aid the continued care of the lower class.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:07:28 pm »

Yes!

Free Clinic becomes back alley surgeon (after all, they promote free market principles, everyone should be allowed to practice medicine!)
Organ selling, shoddy surgery where going in for a minor wound still entails a chance of death, OR you can pay the 90,000 for something that won't kill you. :P

Crepuscule Adepte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 10:29:45 pm »

...Actually, playing with the organ selling idea, I'd like to make a suggestion: Rather than the downright ridiculous price for getting treated at the University Hospital, you can be treated there for free at C+, but you'll be given a permanent injury to represent them taking out organs to pay for your treatment. Back Alley Surgeon the other hand, has the "Free, but there's a chance of killing you or making things worse".

It also changes the flavor text for C+ a little to include

"The poor have to sell their organs to pay for their own treatment."

Just a random thought, of course. I'm sure people can point out what a bad idea my suggestion is.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:33:24 pm by Crepuscule Adepte »

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 01:23:28 am »

I would probably change the C+ flavour text to something like:
Healthcare is run as a business, and hospitals are beholden to their shareholders. So the reason they charge such exorbitant rates is that they're required to make a profit like any other C+ service, rather than a simple hatred of the poor. Though both possibilities are suitable for LCS' style.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 01:29:55 am »

I'm going to alter C+ and C again.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 03:11:42 am »

I would probably change the C+ flavour text to something like:
Healthcare is run as a business, and hospitals are beholden to their shareholders. So the reason they charge such exorbitant rates is that they're required to make a profit like any other C+ service, rather than a simple hatred of the poor. Though both possibilities are suitable for LCS' style.

I would feel this isn't sufficiently scandalous, since in the US there are already large hospital corporations, beholden to shareholders, running huge chains of for-profit hospitals. For-profit or non-profit, they're all staffed by professional doctors and nurses adhering to government standards, so most people probably don't notice the difference.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 03:46:01 am »

The better C+s could be

1) The Free Clinic is replaced by "Back Alley Clinic"
-Personally no

2) The Free Clinic no longer sends patients to the hospital as emergency treatment is no longer covered.
-MUCH more prefered
--Or I guess you could be sent there and then refused treatment prompting you to essentially die

Though is that really a conservative issue?

I mean if you want to be REALLY abusive and all that just have "Alternate payment" plans. For example if you get sent there and can't pay, maybe they take your arm, leg, organs, or blood.

C
-Insurance Issue: Those unable to pay for emergency service are hereby but into debt and are essentially slaves to the system. Liberals who are under this can easily be detected and are hounded by debt collectors.

*shrugs*

Though I thought it was Liberals who were more into organ harvesting everyone.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:59 am »

Liberals take them when you die, this in C+ organ harvesting this in C+ organ harvesting
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 09:41:29 am »

For the record, in India there really have been cases of people selling their extra organs for money, so that isn't actually very far-fetched for  C+.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 02:14:58 pm »

In elite liberal society id imagine organs are collected after death.
Pages: [1] 2 3